Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
May as well go for the hat trick and follow LPs of all three Playstation FFs. I remember when this came out, I didn't like it. But going back much later and playing it again, I completely changed my view on it and love it. This game is a perfect definition of the word charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet

Mega64 posted:

And so we don't close the update off with sexual harassment...

And that's why people love Zidane. He's so unabashed in his skirt chasing that you can't help but love him even in moments like this.

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet

Wugga posted:

I don't even care about the deus ex machina nature of Necron, because the music is the best final boss music in any FF game. Yes, that includes One-Winged Angel.

I remember reading that Uematsu is a huge fan of Emerson, Lake & Palmer and it's pretty evident in the progressive nature of Necron's music, with the midi-moogs and Hammond-ish organ. Listen to this part of Tarkus and tell me the organ arpeggio wouldn't fit a FF boss fight.

Oh there's definitely a lot of ELP influence in Uematsu's music. There are a lot of FF pieces where if Greg Lake just wrote some lyrics over the music, you could maybe convince someone it's an outtake of theirs. Conversely, a lot of their stuff wouldn't sound out of place in an FF game at all. Listen to when Trilogy kicks in, it even has the arpeggios that sound like a battle transition.

• Locked thread