Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

FeyerbrandX posted:

I've always internalized queen Brahe's voice like Captain N's Mother Brain. Kind of look similar too.

I always imagined Ed Asner as Granny Goodness.

I also "cast" Tim Allen as Steiner due to the slight resemblance to Buzz Lightyear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

BioMe posted:

Welp, Garnet's out cold. Kidnappings: 2, knock outs: 2.

Should we start doing shots?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Metaligatr posted:

Now if only fandom did anything with that adorable friendship

Have you seen what fandom does with adorable friendships? I'm content with Vivi and Steiner being off in the corner playing cards while the emotional 14-year-olds ruin Zidane.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

And now someone has to buy that.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I love Vivi's low-key reaction to Cid. A giant talking mustachioed bug on a throne isn't even the fifth most hosed up thing he's seen today.

Senior Woodchuck fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 2, 2015

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Libluini posted:

That delay is offset by Jump making the jumping character not targetable. I've literally won battles were all was lost thanks to her being in the air when the TPK-strike landed.

This is basically how I beat Ozma the first time.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Next side quest/mini-game is the BEST side quest/mini-game.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Life... finds a way.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Oh, that is the BEST.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Bufuman posted:

EDIT: Also, the whole Tent trick? It's mentioned very early in the much-lambasted official guide, so I knew about the trick right off. Yes, the guide actually told a player something USEFUL. In retrospect, I'm as stunned as you are.

I must have skipped over that or been like "gently caress you, guide, Tents are expensive!" because I never knew using Tents on bosses could do that until now.

Also, gently caress that guide.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Steiner is the universe's straight man.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

The thing that always got me with XII was that Tactics is apparently set thousands of years later, and all those races are gone. So there's either a mass extinction event coming, or multiple genocides.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Oh, God, I always got rid of my spare summoning gems. No wonder summons never did crap for me.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

bluerocker posted:

Rydia was also working with better color coordination. Green and Gold look a lot nicer together than lemon yellow and lilac.

Also, now that I think about it - Final Fantasy loves girls in leotards; especially for the designs in the ones prior to 7.

So, Yoshitaka Amano loves girls in leotards.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I feel like eating Quina would probably result in a hallucinogenic episode.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

So Dagger is basically the new dog the king and queen got to replace the country's dog that died without telling them.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Whatever Quina has, too bad Aeris, Tellah and Galuf didn't have any.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Oh, no, not again.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Mega64 posted:

The last spot we'll access basically meets the arc of the two peninsulas sticking out the northern shores of the Lost and Outer Continents.

This one was always a massive bitch to find on my TV. I could never see the bubbles. You couldn't make the effect more distinctive, Square?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Up next, one of the most pain-in-the-rear end minigames in the entire series.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Bregor posted:

This game was released in 2000, she's just trying to give herself the Rachel.

Even Rachel didn't have a Rachel in 2000.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

The bit coming up is really cool.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

kalonZombie posted:

FUN FACT: The four Guardians are very explicitly inspired by the four Elemental Fiends from the first game. Earth Guardian is Lich, Wind is a one-headed Tiamat, Fire is a two-armed Kary / Marilith, and Sir-Not-Appearing-In-This-Game looks like Kraken's nerdy little brother. Less obvious, though, is Tahakra is supposed to be based off the first Final Fantasy's final boss, Chaos. If you squint and tilt your head you can kinda see it.

The Water Guardian being Kraken gives some... disturbing subtext to Eiko's line.

"A monster like that..."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Fat Chocobo's a goddamn racist.

I never knew that about Ozma's ATB. Obviously, I got hosed over a lot. I think the first time I beat it was because Freya Tranced and stayed in the air for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I love this game. Thanks for the LP.

• Locked thread