Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty baffled about why they created this elaborate minigame that can be played from here all the way to the very end of the game, and didn't give you any way to turn it into useful stuff for the 'main' gameplay.

... Why?

I suspect they figured Triple Triad was a little too tied to high-end goodies and went too hard in the opposite direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Dastardly posted:

I don't even need black bars to say that my favorite team is Zidane, Vivi, Garnet and Freya. Team: The characters I like the most.

I used the other white mage but otherwise hell yeah.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

SorataYuy posted:

Why do people concentrate on "fixing" the games that aren't code-broken? This baffles me. FF6 was as broken as a Black Lotus, yet I've never heard of any modders trying to "fix" that buggy thing.

There's tons of fix mods for the SNES FF6. :confused: Then the GBA version took care of most of the bugs natively so it wasn't done there.

Of course, I think balance-wise the game is pretty much unsalvageable, and yes, I know of attempts to do so, but w/e really.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 19, 2015

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Honestly I think the 'plural' thing on they is just a red herring-- nobody acts confused when it's used for a completely unknown person, and singular they for an unknown has been standard usage for hundreds of years. If you pile the word they up a lot in the same sentence referring to different people then sure, that's confusing, but it's also confusing if you do that with he or she too, so.

It's no skin off my back if someone wants to use something else but singular they is a long-standing existing solution that has only really taken on this 'grammatically incorrect' perception within the past few decades, afaik.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

It's not grammatically incorrect, it's ambiguous.
You know like the other 90% of the language because it's constantly evolving through use and not intelligently designed. Anyone that singles that out as a problem is being foolish.

I have seen it called incorrect a few times and it annoys me ever time. And yeah, the ambiguity thing exists but like whatever, it's usually contextually derivable, people usually only object to be a dick about something that is at worst a trivial inconvenience to them.

• Locked thread