Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I downloaded most of the online strategy guide (needs Flash) a while back, I guess I never went through it thoroughly because I've only just noticed I'm missing a few bits.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Libluini posted:

The German translators apparently thought the same: Here, Lindblum is the Großherzogtum Lindblum (Granddukedom of Lindblum) and Cid is a straight up Großherzog (Grandduke) reigning over Lindblum like an absolutist monarch.

It's actually that in Japanese too, I'm not really sure why the English translators went with Regent. Regent is probably (slightly) more familiar to people than grand duke, at least.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I've never seen the Friendly Monsters' battle theme called "Aerial Battle" before. Usually it's "Fairy Battle".

Yeah, much like Steiner Stealth that's neither the (spoilers within) official or literal track name, not sure where some of these are from.

I'm one of the 'Chocobo Hot & Cold didn't seem good so I didn't do it more than once' people, but yeah, you obviously don't need it.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 8, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Thanks, my bad

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Kanfy posted:

Wonder if that map was in Japanese or English in the original version. If it was in English, maybe Lindblum was meant to be Lindbulm all along since リンドブルム or "Rindoburumu" can to my knowledge be translated either way.

The map's identical in the Japanese game so yeah, you could probably argue that, though Lindblum is more pronounceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

In (spoilers inside) the speedrun they arrange for Trance to go off in the first fight because as noted it will always cast Bio, then fly up, so you can do the time-wasting Trance animation while it's working on the flying part.

• Locked thread