Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Mega64 posted:

So far, all of our adventures have taken place on the Mist Continent. It's important to note that everything outside the Mist Continent is essentially unexplored territory, especially since airships cannot travel there due to the lack of Mist.

Here's the thing that bugs me - they have regular boats, so why has no one ever sailed to a different continent before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's uh, literally an ocean away. Travelling from Alexandria to Lindblum is one thing but another continent is pretty different. The advance of airship technology also means less reliance on boats, so there's probably been less advancement on that - Lindblum is pretty much full on research into airships at the moment.

Sure, but Cid just told our heroes to cross it (presumably) on foot using an excavation site, so the ocean can't be that big.

It's not a huge deal, but it feels like they could have addressed why no one has ever traveled to other continents with some quick throwaway dialogue. Or maybe they did and I just missed it.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I wanted a new thread title and was also curious how many times Steiner said Princess. I stopped count after 89 in Disc 1. I think the script had around ~350 instances total, so...

Has anyone been counting how many times Vivi trips/gets knocked on his rear end?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Finally, on a personal note, a huge thank you to everyone who followed along this crazy ride. It's certainly been a bizarre journey, going from abandoning this LP for months due to burnout before I finally got talked into resuming it after much demand (including a fundraiser based off the Doctor Tot thing from this LP (you haven't forgotten him, have you?)

Speaking of which, why doesn't Tot make an appearance in the ending? Seems kind of odd that he doesn't show up, even if it's in the background somewhere.

And somehow I never noticed Baku was in the FMV there (he's supposed to be in the play, why is he in the audience?)

• Locked thread