Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
It never actually occured to me that tetra master is useless and I did the jump rope to 300. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Don't think the game ever really tells Steiners background but just in case I'm spoilering it: According to the wiki he got his position by beating Beatrix in a duel and won through dumb luck. As a prize he became the captain of the knights of pluto.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The adults only come out at night? Weird technology that doesent belong to such a small backwater village? People who submit get gold and those who resist get left behind? Locals are either keeping secrets from you or are rightout rude? Did we secretly enter Innsmouth? :cthulhu:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Sum Mors posted:

Also, I think that this games Blue magic is the most balanced of any other Final Fantasy.

:stare:
That's not exactly what I'd call it.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Why does Brahne have a mask that the Beagle Boys use anyway?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
They were evil while run by the sorceress. Then Laguna took it over and now they are isolationists or something.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Ceasar was going to buy energy weapons for his army from the Van Graffs. He decided what technology was allowed and what wasnt but he didnt ban all of it. Guns definetly were not banned, they were just limited because they couldnt manufacture them themselves.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The festival is proof that whatever god Lindblum worships has to be evil.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I'll never understand why some languages even need gender pronouns. Seems like useless information 99.9% of the time. Though I'm coming from a language that has none so maybe i'd understand if I lived in a country that used them.
Also I've played through this game twice and I have no idea what minigame you people are talking about. The only minigame that I know of that is coming up is horrible.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Steiner says black magiacians rare early on I think. Which is why he shows so much respect for Vivi.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
What always confused me about the village is how long has the game been going? Are the black mages from the burmecia war? Hasnt the war only been over for like a week or so? Was there a war before this where black mages were used?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I always assumed Qu are some refrence to japanese myths.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Morrison, Freya and Quina are kind of just there at this point. They have their moments to shine but they arent strongly tied to the plot as Eiko, zidane, Steiner, Garnet or Vivi are. Quina is pretty much just following along to eat crap and yell at people for being poo poo at cooking, Freya is there for revenge I guess and Morrison is there for his silly reason that hasnt been stated yet.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah its probably a story more famous in Lindblum than Alexandria since it starts there. Which also probably means its more of a commoner story than what the nobles would care about.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Considerig how cheeky zidane is i can easily imagine he is just pretending to not remember Amarant as a long practical joke on him.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Glazius posted:

I'm not sure why Kuja's supposedly deviating from your plan, Garland. Pretty sure that without Alexander, Alexandria is goddamn toast.

I mean, unless you actually handed him a "Destroy The World" script. Which... no, no, you totally look like the kind of guy who has a "Destroy The World" script.

Killing Brahne was a pretty big deviation from the plan most likely.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

See, it's stuff like this that makes me suspect it wasn't Quina at the very beginning of the game in Alexandria castle being the chef. Quina is supposed to be ignorant of a lot of food because he hadn't really left the marshes before. I don't know how he'd end up being the royal chef if he hadn't heard of a pickle...

I think I'm thinking about video games too hard.

if i remember right steiner hadnt eaten pickles either. it seems to be a local food. quina is probably more familiar with alexandrian foods.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Squarely Circle posted:

I always just went straight to the boat, I had no idea either of those scenes existed :psyduck:
RE: Quina chef chat, I find it pretty unlikely that a game that does characterization and worldbuilding so well would lazily reuse a main character's model for a nameless NPC, but I also find it pretty unlikely that Quina would be appointed head chef for Alexandria Goddamn Castle, s/he's pretty clueless at the start. When Quina takes charge in Eiko's kitchen I always figured it was thanks to the experience they'd gotten from travelling with the party; remember that Quina can't even catch a single frog at first and is totally amazed that there might be other kinds of food(!!) in the world.

The way i figured it is that Quina is a master of Alexandrian dishes. He basically hasnt tried all kinds of foods, he pretty much just found Alendrian dishes and stayed there. For Quale and the qu this is probably pretty shameful since they are expected to become masters of all kinds of dishes. Quina is so pathetic that he hasnt even mastered traditional Qu dishes like frogs.
I imagine after being a master chef of Alexandria Quina went back to his master to show all he learned. While his cooking was good it lacked any kind of variety or imagination since he pretty much just stayed in Alexandria and ate food there never traveling more. Itd also explain why Quale forces Quina on the party. If he is following the party he is forced to travel more instead of getting stuck in one town again.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Well he is right that its more useful than summons.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Rarity posted:

I think Shiva gets less and less clothing with each version :stonk:

depending on how you interpret the sprite versions, she was practically naked in a few of them. she had the least clothes in 8 and 9 and 10 increased them.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Quan becoming Obi-Wan Kenobi by gaining enlightenment from eating too much food rules.

And I can agree on the Air Garden being the worst place to play H&C. It's even worse than the Lagoon when you have halved time.

:allears:

I thought Quan learned the power of imagination by waiting on Vivi to become big enough to eat.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Brony Hunter posted:

If we have the only airship in the world that can travel without Mist, how did all these people even get to Daguerro in the first place :psyduck:

i guess they climbed the mountain or these some path there. zidane and his party just cant be bothered to climb mountains.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Since its a flying lizard god thing it probably doesent matter much anyway.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think the giant eye is just Garnets imagination. When she was a child she thought it was a giant eye, now that she has a better look she realises its not an eye at all.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
so zidane is basically goku

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
campaign for vecnas fingers.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i find it more likely that garland just took kuja and zidane on the invincible to educate them on what they need to do when they grow up. of course this would also fit the time when kuja hid zidane from garland.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's kind of sad to see this LP ending. :smith:

Ill be glad because itll finally mean SOMEONE actually managed to finish this game for a lets play here.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The pessimist in me says this wasnt even an happy ending. We have vivi using the souls of the planet to create more of his kind and Cid decided to adopt a summoner into his family so he can keep his family in power through summoner magic. If Alexandria has a summoner as a royal memeber then obviously Lindblum needs one too to ensure mutual desctruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Burmecia is kinda screwed, huh?

Who knows, both Lindblum and Alexandria might let them excist as a buffer zone toward each other.

• Locked thread