Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
As great as Vamo Alla Flamenco is, Feel My Blade is one of my favourite tracks in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Mega64 posted:

Tents have an interesting secondary use in this game that I'm sure will come up sooner or later.

I know where I always made use of this! Maybe you will too if you don't grind.

Man, I quit my latest replay of this game right before the final dungeon for some reason and now I really want to play it again. Perhaps one day it'll end up playable on PS4. :sigh:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Last time I played I spent way too long getting 100 nobles.

Later when I picked up Theatrhythm Curtain Call guess which song I paid money for and spent way too long SSS-ranking

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Squall's problem is that no one can hear his internal monologue.

Cloud is great.

Zidane is better. Great LP Mega64. I've played it too much but now want to play it again. Is it going to end up available on PS4? If so, cool

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Fister Roboto posted:

I think he looked better with the chain coif, but I bet they saw that and said "Hmm, maybe a little TOO much like Buzz Lightyear."

He wears the chain coif, just under his helmet!

This is a great LP and I'm enjoying reading it, Mega64, thanks. Wish I had the means to play it myself for the millionth time.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

SorataYuy posted:

I kinda get the impression that you missed my point, which isn't any of that stuff you're spouting. It's this thing called "per-son-al pref-er-ence". I am a-llow-ed to be puzzled by the attitude of "this game is so great, let's make it BETTER by making it BRAIN-BLEEDINGLY DIFFICULT and spending untold hours of my finite mortality on changing it, instead of making my own game entirely and maybe getting reparations for my labors!" Because seriously, the majority of the time, that mindset leads to loving browser-camping at fanfiction.net. And no one wants that.

"I have played this game to death. I know it inside out. It would be pretty fun if it were more of a challenge to me."

Is that acc-ep-ta-ble to you or are you going to continue being con-des-cend-ing?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Quina's Theme is really good, as is the Qu's Marsh.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This whole update is one of my favourite parts of the game and Ambush Attack on its own made me want to replay it more than anything else in the LP so far. Such a good track.

U.T. Raptor posted:

I think that worm boss and the previous worm boss might be the same creature, since it has "imago" in its name, and that makes me wonder if the other boss's name is supposed to be Rahvularva.

That appears to be the case, yeah.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's just an incredible bit of foreshadowing in the confrontation with Kuja that I'm not going to point out just yet. Suffice to say I'm glad FFIX was never voice-acted, because that would have greatly altered the subtleties of it.

I spotted it too! I've never noticed before.

This part always makes me tearful. I think they did Brahne's death really well.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I played Something to Protect on Theatrhythm so many times that I can't listen to it without envisioning the sequence.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

mateo360 posted:

I don't recall if it was ever mention or not but for the Steam re release, they use all but two of the same character portraits. for what ever reason they changed Eiko and Freya

Original:

PC version:

I don't like Freya's one because I can never see it right first time. My brain always interprets it as being a full profile shot. No nose and a weird smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Thanks for the LP, Mega, it was good fun. This is my favourite Final Fantasy and one of my favourite games ever and you did a really good job of showing it.

• Locked thread