Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Everything about this game just makes me so drat happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

One day I may play this and not rename Vivi to Orko.

...nah.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Assuming I remember correctly, Dagger is the third Final Fantasy character to hold the rank of Captain after Cecil and Faris. She earns the rank despite never having flown an airship before nor having any military experience whatsoever. This is one of the game's biggest weaknesses.

Traditionally, in most cases whoever is in command of a ship is given the honorary title of Captain, regardless of their actual rank (whether lower or higher)! You may see this tradition in action in, for instance, commercial aircraft whose commanders hold no military rank whatsoever! :science:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Ugh... I'm done for. Take this bell, and...go to Burmecia... The black mages...took our bells...

Presumably the guards were carrying more than one apiece originally, since they break on use.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Xenocides posted:

36 here, I guess that makes me the local geriatric. I guess I should start waxing nostalgic about playing the original Final Fantasy when 8 and how you kids have it so easy with your intuitive interfaces and unlimited inventories. When I was your age we didn't have chocobos. We walked from Corneria to Melmond and liked it.

37, myself. Not too long until 38.

We didn't walk to Melmond right away. We had to walk around Corneria in circles for a while first so we could be strong enough to survive the trip.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

PopeCrunch posted:

gently caress YOU AND YOUR loving GODDAMNED PIECE OF poo poo rear end NUGGET I DIDN'T WANT IT ANYWAY

That loving nugget. Although people here had more trouble with the vase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I haven't heard a lot of people say 9 is better than 7. But it being better than 8 is just a matter of established fact.

• Locked thread