Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paused
Oct 24, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

I think it's a game breaking thing, but no tester or player was ever crazy enough to do it, save for one.

And it's not just filling it out. Your card master score is based on how many unique cards you have PLUS how many unique arrows you have on those cards. If you have all 100 cards with 100 unique arrow setups, your score becomes perfect, and your game starts glitching out.

Don't forget leveling all 100 cards twice each so they have an A rank as their type!

As far as I'm aware the glitch is just a minor graphical one on the display of your rank in the card menu. Max rank, 'The Collector' iirc, is awarded at the maximum points of 1700. It just doesn't display correctly. If I had to guess it's due to it being the only rank that is comprised of 2 words.

If anyone cares, you get 10 points for each unique card design, 5 for each unique arrow combination and 2 Points for every A rank Type. (or 1 point for a X rank type.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Krumbsthumbs posted:

That has to be disk 3. There isn't a point in disk 2 where you have only those two in your party.

It is an obscure optional area of disk 2.

Which means I should say; good luck on the huge amounts of frustration the upcoming bit is for level 1 OFS.

Paused fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 1, 2015

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
A bit late, but there is yet more to do in Treno that I assume you don't know about considering what else in the area you covered. But it can at least wait till a revisit so no biggie.

The fountain that you threw gil into to get that Stellazio, will cause the 'thug' next to it to upgrade his card deck if you continue to do the prompt a bunch. Something to do with him fishing out all that money you threw in to go buy new cards. Can't recall how many were needed off the top of my head. Not exactly surprising it wasn't featured considering what it relates too, but still, a nice touch non the less.

Oh and lovely to have you back!

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Did you know if you use strength on the truck you can get Mew?

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Quina just hopping into the water in Madain Sari gets me every time. Are Qu amphibious? They dwell in swamps, but it would make an enormous amount of sense if they could breathe in water.
Only in FF9 would there be a scene where this directly comes up as if the developer knew you would one day ask this question.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Doing a bit of Googling it looks like the Thunder Slash 0% hit rate issue, is due to it mistakenly(?) been given an incorrect effect code, making it do 'Demi' damage, rather than Weapon Damage.
As I understand it, in theory it was supposed to add an elemental buff of total 190% of your standard attack, rather than just take 19% of the enemies max HP.
Because it doesn't do weapon damage it does not include the accuracy value of the currently equipped weapon, rather, like all status effects, its own independent accuracy value. However as it presumably it was never intended to be a 'status' attack, its accuracy value was never altered from 0.

The theory that its formula got mixed up with another ability (Iai Strike) is a bit suspect, as that abilities accuracy of 30%, is perfectly reasonable considering Vivi dark magic version with the same effects, is 35% accurate.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

A 100% collection is 1 copy of each card, each with unique arrows.

Your reward is that the card screen freezes.

Don't forget maxing the type of every card to an A attack type!

Does it actually freeze? Thought getting the 1700 just had a graphical glitch on the card menu.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I 'get' giving her fellow summer tribe member one of those 4 jewel thingies, but you'd think she'd at least give the Falcon Claw back to Uncle Cid <gwok>. As just a diplomatic show for the people of Lindblum at the very least. You know... as well as aid in rebuilding etc. She does at least know of another tree any surviving Rat people can go live in to make up for not returning their Harp jewel, not that any Cleyrans survived to care about getting that back. Maybe I'm treating the new queens first actual decision of favoring the 6 year old who can cast a party wide reflect over the greatest military power on the planet too harshly.

I really like the two disc 'intermissions' of Treno/Dali we get post disc 1 and 2. Both just really give you a chance to catch your breath.

One not quite 'major' omission screen shot wise Mega64 you missed was the disc 3 update to this one;

Mega64 posted:

Now we'll go the right path toward Treno, though we won't be actually going there this update.

In disc3 , I mean not a spoiler but a nice detail. There is a similar thing going on with the upside down place.

While were on the subject in disc 3 Bermucias rain is gone in this disc., and kinda related I guess... One of the gates, one you already visited in disc1, where Freya laments the smell of battle or w/e has a rainbow there if you go back there with her in the party on disc 3.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I guess when it came to Alexandria, Garland knocked you all down.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

this didn't answer my question though

The description is quite clearly in there if you look hard enough. For posting about how much time some nerds put into a video game, on this, the LP forum.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

Now for a segment which I don't quite get, but I'm sure there's a very specific reason for it. Quina, with the Robe of Lords equipped, needs to reach Level 45 now by precise grinding. It involves getting Level 5 Death (the fight itself a source of EXP), then doing this:
code:
  | * Now comes the fun part: run onto the grass and get ready to slay some |
  |   GRAND DRAGONS!                                                        |
  | * You'll need to defeat 5, and LV5 Death makes short work of them.      |
  | * Save between battles if you like, but you should try to get 2 or more |
  |   battles per save after the second battle once Quina is stronger; use  |
  |   an Elixir at that point to replenish HP and MP.                       |
  | * Once you've defeated 5 Grand Dragons, DEACTIVATE the Level Up ability |
  |   and defeat 1 more Grand Dragon.                                       |
  | * If you've done everything correctly, Quina should be at Lv45 with     |
  |   319,094 EXP.                                                          |
Again, I have no idea why these exact values are so important.

It's just the quickest way to get Quina a high enough level, that s/he wont gain a level from the forced experience in those Pandemonium battles, where s/he'd have sub-optimal stat leveling equipment.
Specifically 'the best' equipment for stat ups for Quina includes the Holy Miter, which the player would have, from a Chcograph... but only one, and Dagger would be using it during the Pandemonium sequence.
Somewhat ironically, the player gets a second Holy Miter immediately after those fights, by back tracking to that chair Zidane wakes up in prior to those forced battles. If the player had control in that room between waking up and talking to Vivi, that entire bonkers Chocobo grind would be completely unnecessary for the challenge.

iirc, the level and experience of Dagger isn't really important, as she already has the equipment to level 'optimally'. That Hecteyes encounter is just a quick way for her to level up to increase the players chance of surviving the Pandemonium battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
You Rat Bastard.

• Locked thread