Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

YggiDee posted:

Blank has two-toned skin and stitches. Is he a zombie or a flesh golem or what? How many people did he used to be?

I really love that all of Tantalus are apparently demi-human. Zidane has a monkey tail (and spoilers), Blank is a Frankenstein monster man, Baku is obviously a pigman, I assume Marcus had a goblin for a parent, and who the hell knows what Cinna is. They're all such dynamic, interesting designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Doesn't the last enemy only attack if you touch the blizzards, like you avoided? It's a neat monster, too, IIRC.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Iretep posted:

I'll never understand why some languages even need gender pronouns. Seems like useless information 99.9% of the time. Though I'm coming from a language that has none so maybe i'd understand if I lived in a country that used them.

No, you're not wrong. English linguists have been discussing the need for a gender-neutral pronoun for like a century now, but nothing has come forward to really stick in people's minds. S/he and him/her are very easily offensive to transgender or transitioning people, so you generally don't want to use those. Xhe/xir has been the most original choice for decades, but it's awkwardly alien and rarely used. 'It' is primarily used for inanimate objects, making it somewhat rude to use to refer to another. They/them, despite being plural, are most widely accepted as the best way to refer to an individual respectfully if you don't know or don't acknowledge their gender.

• Locked thread