Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Ohhh, the one FF I never finished due to unfortunate circumstances. Given I enjoy your LPs, I'm definitely gonna be following this.

I forgot how drat charming it is, just from the opening alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Black Mage Knight posted:

It really feels like when they were making this game they were doing it as if they were making the last FF ever, so they made it as referential as possible.

That's XIV's job now...if people have the patience to find said references.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I couldn't help but hate Steiner. His antics in the early game weren't even close to endearing and they soured me on the guy. I threw him out of what would be my endgame party out of pure spite. FFIX was actually pretty up and down with me on characters. I can think of a few party members that I wanted nothing to do with. Maybe this LP will show me what I didn't grasp in my own playthrough though, that's certainly possible.

I agree with this, but we have to wait to see Steiner's character a bit more before I delve into reasons why.

The very first time I played that part (read as: back when I was an ignorant kid), I thought Queen Brahne was a monster (aesthetically), I thought Zorn and Thorn came off as more creepy than funny, and I wondered why all of Alexandria's soldiers are scantily-clad chicks with giant helmets and yet Steiner's the only male knight. Also, that was a nice detail on Blank; I'd never seen his artwork before this thread, so I didn't realize he was all stitched up like a doll.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

There isn't any Black Waltz #3. Black Waltz #4 is so powerful, he just skips right over #3.

• Locked thread