Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Oh boy :allears: FFIX is my favourite Final Fantasy game and one of my favourite RPGs of all time. It's so...charming, with an insane level of detail, a brilliant cast and one of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. Such a shame the loading screens let it down. So glad to be here on ground level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I urge everyone to click all the tindeck links in every update. The music in FFIX is gorgeous and helps set every scene.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

FactsAreUseless posted:

[louder] I Remember Doctor Tot! I! Remember! Doctor! Tot! Come on you bastards, shout it! I! Remember! Doctor! Tot!

All you kids at home too! Say it! As loud as you can! I remember Doctor Tot! I remember Doctor Tot!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Also, FFIX has an amazing attention to detail. Many of these little bits of dialogue, these seemingly unimportant NPCs and tidbits of lore you can find in the prologue will all come into play later in the game. FFIX rewards those with long memories.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Iretep posted:

Don't think the game ever really tells Steiners background but just in case I'm spoilering it: According to the wiki he got his position by beating Beatrix in a duel and won through dumb luck. As a prize he became the captain of the knights of pluto.

I don't think that ever comes up in the game.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Bufuman posted:

Speaking of stealing, I'm just about to fight Hilgigars in my current playthrough.

Most of you that have played through disc 2 probably have eyes twitching right about now. This is always the worst fight. :sigh:

That was the first boss with the 1/256 chance of stealing[ his fourth item right?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Steiner and Vivi make such a great team. The Tantalus crew are fun as well, you can really feel the camaraderie even whilst they're beating the crap out of each other or talking poo poo to each other.

It's a shame Magic Sword uses Steiner's low MP rather than Vivi's larger pool, it'd be even better if that were the case.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, this game practically throws ethers at you left and right. There's pretty much no reason to worry about your MP.

But what if I need them later?! :ohdear:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Not gonna lie, 11 year old me got something like 4 Game Overs against the first boss. Compared to the openings of FF7 and FF8, the Evil Forest is hard.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Winklebottom posted:

Aw yeah, Dali is one my favorite spots in the game.

:allears:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Also, Vivi uses an old church to gain access to Alexandria's roofs earlier on.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Kheldarn posted:

The whole Regent thing bothered me, since a Regent is just someone who rules in the interim because the actual ruler is a minor/absent/incapacitated, while it's pretty clear that the Cids are actually the Kings.

Might be a Gondor thing going on.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Patrick Stewart should play everyone.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I can't imagine Steiner not having a British accent.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Mr.Tophat posted:

Seems brave to me, I had to retry the Festival of the Hunt due to lacking the damage output with Zidane. Good luck though!

Don't you get better prizes if Zidane loses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

If we have the only airship in the world that can travel without Mist, how did all these people even get to Daguerro in the first place :psyduck:

• Locked thread