Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

NikkolasKing posted:

The only thing wounded here is her ego. Conscience? What's that?

She wanted to be the one to kill and subjugate all those innocent people herself.

Alternate explanation: she thinks that the black mages and eidolans are overkill. Sure it's an ego thing, but it's also about honor. Her troops could take and hold Cleyra and Burmecia without needing to massacre everyone, but the magic can't do anything but kill. Beatrix doesn't understand why they aren't using her troops to take what they want without bloodshed. I will definitely acknowledge that Beatrix's characterization is pretty minimal, but it's clear from how she leaves your party alive every time that she doesn't like killing people she doesn't have to. The comment about gratitude is just reflecting on the changes she sees in Brahne as she comes to realize more and more that she and everyone else are just being used as tools by a monarch who is barely recognizable as the woman she first worked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Fantastic job, Mega. This is a beautiful game and definitely my favorite of the small number of FFs I've played. Somehow got stuck at Kuja's desert palace because I'm bad at video games. I really need to finish it, but the cutscenes stuttering and the control scheme on the Steam version made it really hard to work with. A bit of research shows that a game controller can solve both of these issues, so guess it's time to get one.

• Locked thread