Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Man, I remember having played this game in a store back in 2002 or something, and if I remember correctly I bought it for a friend of mine who actually owned a PSX so that I could then convince him to lend me both the game and the console so I could finish it, the self-serving little poo poo that I was.

All statements on the charm and vivacity of the game's world are seconded, and I hope that you have fun exploring the world, as I will have fun reading about it (and maybe taking another go at it myself, having bought it for reals in 2011).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Thing about these FMVs is that while they may show their age at times, they were some of the best for their time period, hence why I kept multiple save files as a kid so I could go back and re-watch them if I wanted to.

Thanks for diligently updating for us, Mega64. Looking forward to more great commentary!

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Agreed, that last cutscene was the greatest. I remember watching it several times as a kid and thinking that I could not imagine video games getting any better than this. Looking at it now I can definitely appreciate how other elements of the story are much more entertaining in retrospect.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
My thanks as well to both Mega and OFS for helping me get through many an afternoon with a fantastically entertaining look at a marvelous nostalgia trip.

• Locked thread