Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

One detail I liked in the Chocobo Paradise is Zidane's pose when riding Choco. His arms are just resting on Choco's back, not holding reins or anything, so he isn't steering Choco and telling him where to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I was very dumb my first playthrough and did not get the very obvious hints about Ipsen's Castle's gimmicks. I didn't wonder why my attacks were doing crap for damage or why all the treasures were weak-rear end weapons, OR why the Moogle shop sells the second weakest weapons in the game. Nope. Didn't put two and two together at all.

Instead I just spammed spells and Zidane's Thievery ability, which I had never bothered to use before and found it was quite powerful thanks to all the stealing I had done. (But of course I didn't know how Thievery worked, either!)

Boy did I feel dumb when I replayed the game, with a guide, later. Also it's nice of the game to remind you to re-equip yourself. After Ipsen's Castle, you could very well end up rolling into the Shrine with your weakest weapons still equipped, and that wouldn't be a fun time!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

You're Not Alone is my favorite track from this game, and one of my favorite Final Fantasy music pieces overall, though I have to admit it doesn't mesh together all that well. (Whoever mentioned that it's kind of like our party members hit it right on the nose.)

I've heard a couple alternate versions of it that fix that issue. The first one was a full on orchestral version of it that just replaces the electric guitar bit (which is really out of place) with strings, and works really well. The other was from The Black Mages, and just goes full rock the whole way. Either one works. A mixture of the two works less so, but it's still a really good track.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

What the hell does it mean to have your Eidolons "un-flagged?!"

• Locked thread