Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Having 6 spells that tutor either end of the pendulum scale has already made it feel a lot better. Now they just need to make a low-scale dinosaur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Having 6 spells that tutor either end of the pendulum scale has already made it feel a lot better. Now they just need to make a low-scale dinosaur

Be sure to post your deck list, it makes it much easier to help with and in general I've never met a player on here who didn't want to see and/or help with a YGO deck.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sure. It's possible I should be including one of the warrior rank 4s as a Rescue Rabbit target but extra deck space is already super tight. Also I haven't tested it much since I added in the Igknights, so maybe the extra consistency from ROTA allows me to cut some monsters and put in whatever the staple disruption stuff is at the moment.

Monsters (25):
3 Dragoons of Draconia
3 Igknight Musket
3 Igknight Dragnov
1 Flash Knight
3 Dragon Horn Hunter
3 Lancephorhynchus
3 Sabersaurus
3 Kabazauls
2 Frostosaurus
1 Rescue Rabbit

Spells (13):
3 Summoner's Art
3 Fossil Dig
3 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Fire Formation - Tenki
2 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Dragon's Mirror

Traps (2):
2 Royal Decree

Extra Deck (15):
1 First of the Dragons
2 Evolzar Laggia
1 Evolzar Dolkka
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
1 Planetellarknight Ptolemaios
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Evolzar Solda
1 Gauntlet Shooter
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Number 39: Utopia Beyond

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Monsters (25):
3 Dragoons of Draconia
3 Igknight Musket
3 Igknight Dragnov
1 Flash Knight
3 Dragon Horn Hunter
3 Lancephorhynchus
3 Sabersaurus
3 Kabazauls
2 Frostosaurus
1 Rescue Rabbit

Spells (13):
3 Summoner's Art
3 Fossil Dig
3 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Fire Formation - Tenki
2 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Dragon's Mirror

Traps (2):
2 Royal Decree

Extra Deck (15):
1 First of the Dragons
2 Evolzar Laggia
1 Evolzar Dolkka
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
1 Planetellarknight Ptolemaios
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Evolzar Solda
1 Gauntlet Shooter
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Number 39: Utopia Beyond

Igknights on their own are kinda meh, outside a pure igknight deck.
Double up on first of the dragons, consider running http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Faustian_Bargain.
Two gene warped werewolf makes tiger king which searches tenki, as well as being negation.
Also for consideration, try sticking in Eccentric Archfiend for backrow removal and recurring monster removal.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That doesn't work. Key Beetle doesn't work with the Igknights.

Here's a warning about YGOPro for those of you that haven't used it before: They like to add cards before they're been actually released. This would be fine, except Konami doesn't do their official rulings for cards until the cards actually released.

So, sometimes, not often but sometimes, you get cases where cards end up on YGOPro and work one way, then after they're released, they fix them and they work the 'right' way. We had like, a month earlier this year where everyone was freaking out about KEY BEETLE IGKNIGHTS OMG SO BROKEN when in reality, that combo doesn't work at all.

I much prefer Dueling Network's policy of not adding cards to the program until they actually release (and thus they have the rulings for them), but ugh, dealing with DN's community is such a headache.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They're really just there so I can fetch both ends with ROTA and because they're normal. I guess I might as well play more Flash Knights since it has more attack.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 9, 2015

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Onmi posted:

Goblindbergh

For the first time in years I'm regretting quitting YGO.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

For the first time in years I'm regretting quitting YGO.

I have you now

Oops

You lose one turn

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Slur is going to stream a really stupid deck I sent him!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So I'm thinking in honor of the new thread, and to give our new players a chance to build up their decks, On Saturday the 11th at 00:30 UTC. We can hold a small set of duels. Bring your decks, try them against the others. Duels will be organized in the SA Steam chat, located at

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fuckcrow

I hope to see you all then

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm in. I'll stream my matches.

http://articles.alterealitygames.com/announcing-the-arg-format

A distributor makes their own unofficial list. See if you can guess what archetype isn't touched at all there.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Senerio posted:

I'm in. I'll stream my matches.

http://articles.alterealitygames.com/announcing-the-arg-format

A distributor makes their own unofficial list. See if you can guess what archetype isn't touched at all there.

So for the new players who don't know what Senerio is referring to, this list does absolutely nothing to hit Satellarknights who ARG just got stock of. Why is this notable to both of us? Well the simple version of it is that Satellarknights are what we refer to as a 'Helmet' deck. Which can also be called "Dumb" decks, the play is so easy that even an idiot can do them. Bujin's I think coined the term because Yamato looks like he's wearing a helmet and the entire duel is "I summon Yamato and sit on his rear end until I win. This took skill right? Right?"

Satellarknights is one of the most braindead archetypes in Yu-Gi-Oh. The three key cards all have the ability "When this card is summoned do X" where X is a variety of abilties that are utterly bullshit. See the main reason for their helmet-ness is that there's no clause on "Only normal/special summon" so you'd hit 3 knights on field on basically turn 1, opening up going into Satellarknight Delteros, if they wanted to pop a card of yours, or Ptolemaios if they just want to go into Cyber Dragon Infinity.

Oh and if Delteros dies, it special summons a Tellarknight from your hand or deck. So they just keep looping.

Some decks are powerful and need a good pilot to do well.

Satellarknights are just dumb powerful. They probably wont top. But they make anything less than the top a pain to run.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nutellas aren't the problem with that list.

The problems are Qlis, Infernoids, and Wind-Ups.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Turbo towers is going to be a thing for qli players and will top that list non-stop. Tellarknights are hardly the problem.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ok I did read about it somewhere else too but lol at banning releaser and trishula and restricting unicore.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress ARG and gently caress their lovely banlist.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Yeah, ARG had a chance to show what a good banlist would look like but it seems like it was super kneejerky and they're propping up their own tastes in decks.

I still can't believe that Konami are getting rid of the 3 month banlists when even in the press release they say "they're good and everyone likes then p much"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Yeah, ARG had a chance to show what a good banlist would look like but it seems like it was super kneejerky and they're propping up their own tastes in decks.

I still can't believe that Konami are getting rid of the 3 month banlists when even in the press release they say "they're good and everyone likes then p much"

No this is because the person in charge of the banlist in America right now is in fact the same man who was in charge of it when Upper Deck ran the game in America.

If you don't know why that's loving retarded

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Konami_v._Upper_Deck

In fact, Upper Deck was convinced they could run the game better than Konami, that's what led to the TCG exclusive cards I believe

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

In fact, Upper Deck was convinced they could run the game better than Konami, that's what led to the TCG exclusive cards I believe

Out of curiosity what are the TCG exclusive cards?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The most recent set are Burning Abyss and Ultra Athletes.
Prior to that, we had Noble Knights, and DRLG.
All this stuff is coming out in the OCG later. BA is one of the big decks now. UA aren't as disgusting but they're a lot of fun. Look at their equip card, and be aware that it is not even their craziest S/T.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

The most recent set are Burning Abyss and Ultra Athletes.
Prior to that, we had Noble Knights, and DRLG.
All this stuff is coming out in the OCG later. BA is one of the big decks now. UA aren't as disgusting but they're a lot of fun. Look at their equip card, and be aware that it is not even their craziest S/T.

Oh yeah I read that about Burning Abyss somewhere I was under the impression that upper deck made cards that never showed up in OCG or something v:shobon:v.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoness posted:

Oh yeah I read that about Burning Abyss somewhere I was under the impression that upper deck made cards that never showed up in OCG or something v:shobon:v.

I wasn't playing in that era so I wouldn't be able to say unfortunately.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The really absurd TCG exclusive I remember playing with was Tour Guide from the Underworld, it was just in every single deck because it's a rank 3 XYZ with no cost at all.

I like how some of the "OCG exclusive" cards are just insanely bad old ones they never bothered to reprint.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rare_Fish
Note that one of its materials is itself a fusion monster.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 9, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The really absurd TCG exclusive I remember playing with was Tour Guide from the Underworld, it was just in every single deck because it's a rank 3 XYZ with no cost at all.

And since they ruled that Sangan can't get its effect if is an XYZ material, Konmi of America made the Burning Abyss to do exactly that out of spite :v:

Personally I LOVE the Noble Knights, is an interesting archetype that needs skill to be used effectively. Its only issue is that is too balanced.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think rare fish sees play as an instant fusion target but I think Fusionist is used more often for that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
UA are my favorite archetype. They all have the shared effect "You can special summon this card (from your hand) by returning one U.A. on the field with a different name to your hand. You can only summon U.A. Whatever my name is once per turn this way."
They all have pretty good effects besides. Midfielder, the level 4, can activate that effect whenever, to cycle your monsters. Mighty Slugger has Armades effect (when he attacks no opponent effects can activate until the end of the damage step), Perfect Ace can negate one effect per opponent's turn, Goalkeeper can protect a UA, Dunker pops a card on life point damage, Rebounder can special summon additional UAs from hand or grave, and Blockbacker can negate effects of opponents special summoned monsters. Playmaker is bad. These are just the monsters. The spells and traps are crazier still. I'd link them but I'm on mobile.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

gently caress ARG and gently caress their lovely banlist.

Seconding and thirding this. The more I look at this banlist, the more it confuses me.

Do they really, really think that bringing back Wind-Up Zenmaity and Wind-Up Magician is a good idea without hitting Hunter first?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Onmi posted:

No this is because the person in charge of the banlist in America right now is in fact the same man who was in charge of it when Upper Deck ran the game in America.

This is basically the reason why the TCG sucks so hard right now. However, for all the poo poo I give Tewart (and he deserves it), Upper Deck themselves has actually done a few noteworthy things. The biggest is forcing Konami to release the game to the rest of the world in the first place. At least according to Tewart, Konami was never planning on releasing Yu-Gi-Oh! outside of Japan until Upper Deck pushed and pleaded.

Then there's cards they pushed to bring to the TCG such as Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and the fact that Konami was going to push Maji-Gire Panda without any edits until Upper Deck told them that domestic violence in the US is a pretty big deal.

TCG:

OCG:

That all aside, that's more on UD as a whole and not Kevin Tewart who is still a massive shithead who thinks he knows the game better than Konami. When saying all this stuff on Pojo, he took credit for doing all of it despite there being other UD employees on the forum who were also involved.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That ban list led me to look up the Blue-Blooded Oni FTK, and I have to say: :psyduck:

e: also as someone who played with unrestricted Wind-Ups why would you want to bring back the archetype that mind twists its opponents on T1 almost every game

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 10, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

This is basically the reason why the TCG sucks so hard right now. However, for all the poo poo I give Tewart (and he deserves it), Upper Deck themselves has actually done a few noteworthy things. The biggest is forcing Konami to release the game to the rest of the world in the first place. At least according to Tewart, Konami was never planning on releasing Yu-Gi-Oh! outside of Japan until Upper Deck pushed and pleaded.

Then there's cards they pushed to bring to the TCG such as Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and the fact that Konami was going to push Maji-Gire Panda without any edits until Upper Deck told them that domestic violence in the US is a pretty big deal.

TCG:

OCG:

That all aside, that's more on UD as a whole and not Kevin Tewart who is still a massive shithead who thinks he knows the game better than Konami. When saying all this stuff on Pojo, he took credit for doing all of it despite there being other UD employees on the forum who were also involved.

That's his name. Yeah Tewarts and egomaniacal poo poo and the game is worse off with him managing the banlist, which is well overdue for an update. Not to mention hitting the stupidest things along with the actual smart things to hit.

Dexie posted:

Seconding and thirding this. The more I look at this banlist, the more it confuses me.

Do they really, really think that bringing back Wind-Up Zenmaity and Wind-Up Magician is a good idea without hitting Hunter first?

Wind-Up is someones pet-deck, that will always explain everything about a banlist.

Senerio posted:

UA are my favorite archetype. They all have the shared effect "You can special summon this card (from your hand) by returning one U.A. on the field with a different name to your hand. You can only summon U.A. Whatever my name is once per turn this way."
They all have pretty good effects besides. Midfielder, the level 4, can activate that effect whenever, to cycle your monsters. Mighty Slugger has Armades effect (when he attacks no opponent effects can activate until the end of the damage step), Perfect Ace can negate one effect per opponent's turn, Goalkeeper can protect a UA, Dunker pops a card on life point damage, Rebounder can special summon additional UAs from hand or grave, and Blockbacker can negate effects of opponents special summoned monsters. Playmaker is bad. These are just the monsters. The spells and traps are crazier still. I'd link them but I'm on mobile.

And their one equip is better than pretty much ever NK equip put together. Which does make me sad, NKs are one of my favourite archetypes but ultimately its cardinal sin is being balanced. Yugioh is not a balanced game. So a Balanced archetype is just never going to do it.

That ban list led me to look up the Blue-Blooded Oni FTK, and I have to say: :psyduck:

e: also as someone who played with unrestricted Wind-Ups why would you want to bring back the archetype that mind twists its opponents on T1 almost every game

Pet deck. Also yeah sometimes the insanity of Yugioh combo is enough to drive a mortal man crazy.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 10, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Onmi posted:

Konami's management of the banlist is bad as hell and he shouldn't be in charge if he's going to pull poo poo like this.

That said, the ARG banlist is also a steaming pile of fan wank and doesn't fix any problems.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

And their one equip is better than pretty much ever NK equip put together. Which does make me sad, NKs are one of my favourite archetypes but ultimately its cardinal sin is being balanced. Yugioh is not a balanced game. So a Balanced archetype is just never going to do it.

I disagree, the Jersey doesn't has poo poo on Excaliburn nor Gwenwhyfar. Ultimately, the true power of the Noble Knights lie within the equips and no the monster themselves, the only thing we need is a tutor for equips.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The problem with NobKni is they have only one real play and if you don't get that off you're hosed. I haven't really played with them but playing against them is boring when you know how to counter.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I disagree, the Jersey doesn't has poo poo on Excaliburn nor Gwenwhyfar. Ultimately, the true power of the Noble Knights lie within the equips and no the monster themselves, the only thing we need is a tutor for equips.

But they can Tutor their jersey, And it doesn't so much matter that it doesn't protect since UA has a lot of protection, and there's no downside to the card. Its very hard to argue with a tutored 1000 A/D Double Strike that comes back to hand. And, most importantly, It's one S/T slot. Noble Knights need to take up their 5 slots for their equips. And look, I love NKs, I run them, but I'd trade pretty much all but Gwen for Jersey.

Cabinet posted:

The problem with NobKni is they have only one real play and if you don't get that off you're hosed. I haven't really played with them but playing against them is boring when you know how to counter.

This isn't true. But 90% of people know "Medraut.play" and nothing else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

Then you haven't played with good Noble Knight players. A king.dek is the worst thing you can do with them

Onmi posted:

But they can Tutor their jersey, And it doesn't so much matter that it doesn't protect since UA has a lot of protection, and there's no downside to the card. Its very hard to argue with a tutored 1000 A/D Double Strike that comes back to hand. And, most importantly, It's one S/T slot. Noble Knights need to take up their 5 slots for their equips. And look, I love NKs, I run them, but I'd trade pretty much all but Gwen for Jersey.

This isn't true. But 90% of people know "Medraut.play" and nothing else.

But you don't want to put all the weapons at once nor use them all on the same monster.

And while Gwen is the only arm you can tutor with ease, you have options to get the arms into your hand and they have quite the powerful effects as well

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

To be fair to Tewart, at least he said that a banlist was coming.

OCG's banlist was just 'no changes, enjoy the current meta for three more months'.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

My duel with Senerio of NKs vs U.A.s recorded at glorious 60 FPS (for an 8gb video file because I don't know what I'm doing) with no sound (because I don't know what I'm doing) is going to be a while.

I'll just re-encode it to be much faster to upload.

I very much suggest watching it if you're interested in seeing a mostly competent NK deck vs a competent U.A. deck.

I will always put this down as one of the best duels I've ever had, hard hitting every step of the way with very few misplays for both of us. Minus that forbidden chalice mess. Just an absolutely amazing duel.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Then you haven't played with good Noble Knight players. A king.dek is the worst thing you can do with them

But you don't want to put all the weapons at once nor use them all on the same monster.

And while Gwen is the only arm you can tutor with ease, you have options to get the arms into your hand and they have quite the powerful effects as well

Well no, and I try not to slam all my arms on the one NK, my favourite play is Borz/Brothers/Drystan. But I never feel like I'm running the right protection.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 10, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

Well no, and I try not to slam all my arms on the one NK, my favourite play is Borz/Brothers/Drystan. But I never feel like I'm running the right protection.

Obviously it depends on what are you facing and what was your luck with the draw but ideally you want to keep Brothers equipped with Destiny so you can plus with their effect, Drystan with Excalibur to keep the soft lock on the field and Borz with Gwen.

My favorite setup is having Round Table and Brothers on the field, is easy to build a considerable advantage and you will always have an answer for the opponent plays.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 10, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2wtBc6Ls4

Welp here it is, There's no soundeffects, they didn't come out right and I wasn't going to record it again. Also I uploaded it with the vocal track when I meant the non-vocal. Don't care anymore, forever upset I couldn't get We Will Rock You to fit.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I overextended when I equipped my jerseys to the Slugger. I likely could have gotten another turn to try something had I done something else.

• Locked thread