Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Onmi posted:

No this is because the person in charge of the banlist in America right now is in fact the same man who was in charge of it when Upper Deck ran the game in America.

If you don't know why that's loving retarded

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Konami_v._Upper_Deck

In fact, Upper Deck was convinced they could run the game better than Konami, that's what led to the TCG exclusive cards I believe

This is basically the reason why the TCG sucks so hard right now. However, for all the poo poo I give Tewart (and he deserves it), Upper Deck themselves has actually done a few noteworthy things. The biggest is forcing Konami to release the game to the rest of the world in the first place. At least according to Tewart, Konami was never planning on releasing Yu-Gi-Oh! outside of Japan until Upper Deck pushed and pleaded.

Then there's cards they pushed to bring to the TCG such as Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and the fact that Konami was going to push Maji-Gire Panda without any edits until Upper Deck told them that domestic violence in the US is a pretty big deal.

TCG:

OCG:

That all aside, that's more on UD as a whole and not Kevin Tewart who is still a massive shithead who thinks he knows the game better than Konami. When saying all this stuff on Pojo, he took credit for doing all of it despite there being other UD employees on the forum who were also involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dexie posted:

The Dinomist field spell is pretty loving powerful and the amount of people I've dueled on YGOPro that's destroyed my backrow and not the field spell (because they didn't read it and didn't realize how insane it is) is pretty sad.

I fought a Burning Abyss player earlier who didn't understand why his monsters weren't getting their effects off when Rex stomped all over them. :allears:

Thinking about getting back into this and Dinomist seems fun as gently caress, what's your decklist?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dexie posted:

I decided to embrace my inner Slur tonight and tried to win with Destiny Board. But, uh, there was a problem.

I put two "I" into the deck and forgot the "L". Oops.

IT DOESN'T MATTER THOUGH.

HE SUMMONED SLIFER AND RA AND THEN OVERLAID FOR NUMBER 81 AND THEN SURRENDERED WHEN HE REALIZED I HAD HIM TRAPPED.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. It's already in YGO Pro?

What's your deck list?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

All of the "Pot" cards are super, super, super ugly.

Just...why? :(

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

Diabound Kernel
Level 5 DARK Fiend-Type Effect Monster
ATK {1800}
DEF {1200}
The (2)nd effect of “Diabound Kernel” can only be used once per turn.
(1) When this card declares an attack: It gains 500 ATK.
(2) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; until the end of the turn, that monster loses ATK equal to this card’s ATK. Afterwards, banish this card until the next Standby Phase. This effect […]

gently caress yeah! More Bakura cards.

• Locked thread