Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

If Stardust Assault Warrior was level 5, I would be bouncing off the drat walls since Junk Doppel is my favourite deck. But, as it stands, this thing is kind of garbage unless you're using the non-synchron Junk monsters. The only time I ever go into lv6 synchros are with quickdraw+level eater/token, and that wouldn't even work here. Besides that, there are no good generic lv9 synchro monsters.

Don't tease me with junk support and break my heart, Konami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Extra deck space is extremely tight. Adding a whole 2 or 3 more cards to it for a card that's really situational to summon is out of the question. That situation being, having exactly the means to go into lv6 with no other cards left over.

Let's say I have Junk Synchron & Doppelwarrior in hand, Level Eater in grave. This gives me the means to go into Assault Warrior, then so long as I don't summon doppeltokens I can bring back Junk Synchron, Level Eater, then go for a lv8 Synchro. Accel Synchron can do the same thing, though, while milling Jet Synchron from the deck and potentially making Stardust Warrior or RDA Abyss with the same cards.

I guess it's not a bad card, but it's outclassed.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Even if we got Trishula back, Accel Synchron still summons it easier than Stardust Assault Warrior. Likewise with Mist Wurm.

I've kind of accepted that Synchro will never toolbox as well as Xyz does, but it's a lot more fun to pull off combo chains that go through half of my deck than it is to just summon 3 monsters -> cyber dragon infinity. We could use a couple more generic support cards, like a Synchro version of Lavalval Chain or something that hits backrow, but that's about it.

Now, having said all that, if we got Stardust Assault Warrior with its original effect then it would be incredible.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

gently caress Lightsworns

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

gently caress Rank 4s

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I was expecting a hit to Royal Magical Library or Instant Fusion, but this is fine too I guess.

Now I just need a Trishula reprint so I can afford the drat thing and I'll be on top of the world.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So long as they hit Norden somehow as soon as it becomes legal, I have zero beef with Instant Fusion.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Chicken Game x3
Pseudospace x3
Terraforming x3
Upstart Goblin x3
Royal Magical Library x3

That's fine. This is fine. There's nothing wrong with this. This isn't hell.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The problem with Stratos being banned isn't that HEROes lack searching, it's that it prevents them from using their Wind fusions without resorting to using Avian. Great Tornado, Divine Wind and Blast are all basically unplayable in TCG right now.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This is impractical and no longer legal due to lack of Lavalval Chain, but it's definitely a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2U_3nZOxEc

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

If these were L4/R4 they would be incredible. As they are they're pretty neat but nothing earthshattering.

They don't work with Statue of Anguish Pattern, so they lose the support that other trap monsters already have.

There's potential with these and Aqua Actresses, though. Maybe Frogs, too.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Statue requires the monster to be summoned from the S/T zone. Burgesstomas are summoned from the graveyard, so the effect won't apply.

Oddly enough, this does mean that Statue works with Crystal Beasts, but that's a whole other thing.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Rank 4 is The Worst but also it's really strong and what if trap monsters were t1 you guys (actually my sister plays a trap monster deck and would become insufferable so nvm)

Really though, it IS nice to see Rank 2 getting a little bit of love. It's probably the most neglected Rank, after, I guess, 9??? But nobody cares about L/R9 and nobody ever will.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Mysticblade posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking of mass back-row destruction and I'm looking for anything that can get rid of face-ups. Night beam is useless to me since I'm looking to get around lock-down decks. The only thing I can think of is Malevolent Catastrophe.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Shattering_Arrow

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Nekroz is just a case of over-correcting for Rituals, like with Gishki before they fixed the loop. Konami doesn't seem to know how to balance Rituals and Fusions so that they're at the bar set by Xyz, so you'll see decks like Shaddols and Nekroz that are just a bit TOO good for too long. Majespecters and Pendulum Magicians (with Apex Avian) will usurp them next format, but that's more an issue of pushing Pendulums rather than fixing them.

Synchros get to look cool in anime and that's about it.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I have high hopes but realistic expectations. The combo-centric playstyle of Synchros is something I absolutely adore (my favourite deck bar-none is Junk-Doppel-Quasar with a mini Speedroid engine) but it's a massive weakness against anything packing traps or some other form of disruption. These new Synchros could have been top-tier in years past, but against Majespecters? Against Satellarnova Alpha? We're just spinning our wheels.

Give Synchros a themed Heavy Storm, then we'll talk.

E: Speaking of Rituals that are unbalanced, holy loving poo poo this thing.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 17, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Searchable (not just by Manju/Senju) 2800 beatstick with a practically free summoning requirement (dump Odd-Eyes Vortex or Beast-Eyes or whatever) that has a Giant Trunade effect which can't be negated and a passive Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon effect to top it off. All for a deck which is already top-tier.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ah yes, easy access to Revived King Ha Des and Archfiend Zombie-Skull. This matters presumably to someone, somewhere.

Still, I guess you could use it as a stepping stone for lv8s using Plaguespreader? It's worse in almost every way compared to Destiny HERO - Malicious but it's, uh, it's something.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PSYFrame Omega does that job better - it returns Mezuki/Plaguespreader to the graveyard, where they're more immediately useful. You're right though, it could just be the start of a new Zombie archetype where that kind of play makes more sense. Maybe we'll get a Lv8 and Lv10, and just use each Synchro as a stepping stone to get to the real boss monster?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Splitting hairs ITT. It's designed to push for game, not have any sort of long-lasting field presence or offer support through recycling your continuous traps or whatever the Real Giant Trunade did. You clear the field with it + Dark Hole or Raigeki, pendulum summon a handful of beaters and auto-win unless they have hand traps.

VVV You can negate the summon, but not the effect. Solemn Warning and spell negation are the only counters.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 17, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm not seeing how it would replace Vortex at all? Vortex would be easy to summon with it since the ritual spell can dump it into the graveyard to be revived by Absolute.

This isn't a case of fitting the card into an existing deck as it is having multiple builds on the same theme, like what we're seeing with Red-Eyes.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Vortex doesn't have a clause where it has to be Fusion-summoned, though. You can summon it with Absolute's float effect from the extra deck, too.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Huh, so there is. That's confusing.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

For those few, proud Poor Decision Makers who play the physical game, the Synchron Extreme structure deck came out in TCG today. It comes with a lot of good reprints like Effect Veiler and Solemn Warning, along with new cards Jet Synchron and Accel Synchron which you see in a lot of weird FTK combos and, in general, are really good cards for any syncho deck that can use them. Synchrons are my favourite deck, so I'm completely set on buying cards for the foreseeable future!

what do you mean speedroids come out in october

Okay, I'm completely set on buying cards for almost 2 more months! Unless they bump up Beigomax to Secret Rare, in which case, gently caress that I'm done!

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i like shooting quasar dragon because his power is maximum

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Those new traps are pretty sweet. I might end up using that second one in my Synchron deck so it actually has a defensive play that could potentially go into Stardust Warrior on the next turn. It's good that Mathematician is getting another reprint, too, since that card is too expensive.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 6, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Senerio posted:

That second card could work well in a deck running Doble Passe

I'd never heard of that card before! I'm not sure how viable that play would be, but it would be peak anime.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Is the banlist strictly influenced by what happens in top-level play, or do they care about decks that are just plain unfun to play against? Exodia, Magical Explosion and Blaze Fenix feel more like tossing a coin than actually playing the game.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I wouldn't be sure about Chicken Race/Game.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I like DevPro but there's definitely a problem with the banlist. I feel like they should either use a worlds-type mixed banlist as a standard or come up with something similarly combined but less lazy. Maybe TCG banlist for cards available in TCG but OCG banlist for cards not out here yet? It wouldn't fix all of the problems but it would make formats with obscene, game breaking cards a little shorter.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This pack is going to be incredibly relevant to my interests.

Stardust Spark Dragon, Moonlight Rose Dragon, and Hot Red Dragon Archfiend also get reprints! Great toolbox synchros, all.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

TCG is a scary place to be when OCG is designing cards based on a format where Harpie's Feather Duster is legal.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'd be genuinely surprised if the pachislot market didn't have more than its fair share of smelly, angry weirdos.

Tewart doesn't seem to understand the game on a fundamental level and that's got to be hurting numbers somewhere. I hear high-level tournament play is seeing record lows? Something's got to click eventually.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I don't think anyone could have expected Counter Fairy support in tyool 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This had better be the most shortprinted secret rare in the history of the game.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Please don't post azneyes videos without a trigger warning.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lithium2300 is the best I've seen by a fairly wide margin. I used to follow TheDuelLogs, but he heavily sacrifices playing well in favor of making GBS threads out content like crazy. Oh, and Tainted Wisdom is neat for showing off crazy impractical combos, but you won't learn anything from watching them other than why certain cards are banned.

I'd love to see some goon-generated "Yugituber" content to counter some of the dregs out there.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 19, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Personally I'm more excited for Last Strix infinite looping with Begone Knave. Sometimes I get the feeling they don't run some of these cards through any playtesting at all.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The Math and ROTA hits make sense, but jeeze, this hurts my Junk Doppel deck harder than it ought to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Where are my imbalanced scale monsters.
With effects that activate depending on which side they are.

I feel like this is something they wanted to do before they realized how small the text would have to be to have multiple pendulum effects.

• Locked thread