Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Nekroz on Greydle?
I think that would brick a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
And that is how 3 meta archetypes die.
Also, Free Exciton

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Amorphactor Psycho, the False Dracoverlord
Level 8 EARTH Dragon-Type Ritual Effect Monster
ATK 2950
DEF 2500
You can Ritual Summon this card with “Your fun has just ended''
(1) If this card is Ritual Summoned: your opponent skips their next Main Phase 1.
(2) The effects of all face-up Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters are negated.
(3) If this card leaves the field: you can add 1 “Dracoruler” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Amorphactor Psycho, the False Dracoverlord”.

Pre-preparation of Rites was leading up to this, I guess

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Well, TCG just became a March of the Monarchs.
People will desperately try to justify their 150 $ Dark Destroyer purchases, but to no avail.
I have not seen such deck gutting since OCG killed Shaddols

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
He pretty much replaces Goblin Zombie in my Skull servant Turbo deck.
Very nice

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Why did no one tell me that D/D/D were good again? Lamia is like the most ridiculously re-usable tuner ever and her having no restrictions feels kinda ridiculous when you can easily put out both Crystal Wing and Void Ogre Dragon.

Pendulum aspect of the deck still feels completely worthless. Doubly so now when Swirl Slime lets you SS Abyss Ragnarok from hand.

It's still worth it to put Ragnaroc or Orthrus in scales for their effs, but yeah.
Pendulum summoning was only good very early on, when you could go YOLO with Kaiser play

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

The DDD deck I've been working on is a little different. The entire focus is on the Abyss Ragnarok+Swirl Slime+Hell Armageddon/Rebel King 3-card OTK and everything else is just to back that up.

This gives you easy access to above 8000 damage and a clear board if your opponent has no setup and the other cards are there to let you go into Kali Yuga, Oblivion King, Crystal Wing and Void Ogre Dragon if anything goes wrong.

I also don't see the point of Necro Slime at all. Everyone I've played against is using Swirl to send it to the grave instead of tutoring cards for Abyss Ragnarok which doesn't ever really seem to pan out.

It's an extra Fusion summon, a great card to send with Copernicus to the grave, a good target for Lamia to trigger her special summon eff and another target for One-for-One (which you should add to the deck, just getting newton from it makes it worth it).
You could cut a Covenant with Swamp king and lease laundering for 2 of them.

Hitting lease laundering when they try to twin twister is a good feeling, but since you cannot search it , I decided to leave it out.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
More Kozmo/Monarchs for the new few months.
Whoo.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
We lived long enough to see Silents become an archetype.
Also, Silent Magician is indeed amazing

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dabir posted:

help I have no idea what I'm doing

Moon Mirror Shield was made for this deck

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Ancient Gear Fiend would be dope as hell if he wasn't countered by one lone Castel despite being unaffected by card effects. Konami why :negative:

Ancient Gear Reborn is pretty cool though, not sure how useful

The whole point is that they HAVE to ram him, which nets you a summon of any Ancient Gear from the deck.
Or you can summon him, do the burn, run into a monster and trigger the summon yourself.

Of if you want to be a dick, you do a Black Garden/Fairy Box Troll build.

It's definitely a good card for the deck.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

Every time someone in this thread recommends Skull Servants to new players asking what decks to start with, I get super salty about it.

But here.

https://ygorganization.com/the-wight-supremacy-approaches/

Have some new support for the deck that's actually pretty drat awesome.

I actually do not like it much.
It's a shittier mathematician, it's not a target for armageddon, I cannot get it with where arf thou...
I would rather normal summon or SS from the grave a unizombie.
And it's battle manipulation eff is not that useful, since most of the time when you have your King setup, they won't get over it by attacking.
Still, it does help raise the attack of the King more, so I will try and see if I can fit it in.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Onmi posted:

It's not perfect, if it could be searched with Pre-Preparation Rites, it would be perfect.

It does not have a grave(secondary) eff, needs exact level and it does not tribute, so no effs from cards they want you to use for BLS rituals like the Gaias.
After the Cyber Angels, it comes off as lackluster.

At least it can grab a Ritual from the grave.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dabir posted:

It can't use EARTH so Gaia's out already. The point of it is entirely to drop Beginning Knight and Knight of Evening Twilight on BLS-SS to make a ridiculous thing.

Charging and Awakened Gaia are Light and Dark respectively.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
The age of Infernoids is here, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

Eh, this is just their early support. They could take the deck in any direction as the show progresses. Remember how god-awful Performapals were until like a year into the series?

They already have powerful searching and an insane trap (that can be searched!). Even if they only exist to be teched into other decks right now, they're still pretty okay.

I hope we get them in the TCG properly and they do not suffer the DDD treatment.

• Locked thread