Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Burning Abyss is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress ARG and gently caress their lovely banlist.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here is how your first turn of playing heroes should go.

Did you go first?
-Get Dark Law out ASAP
-Do you have Shadow Mist in your hand? Summon her.
-Do you have her in the deck? RotA or AHL.
-Did you get mask change from her ability? DARK LAW
-Set whatever cards you do and don't need, watch your opponent banish all of their cards unless they raigeki or dark hole you.

Did you go second?
-Clear back row or front row as you deem necessary.
-Get Dark Law out with the above methods although you can attack so just go for 1k then mask change into Dark Law.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I swear to god if the next banlist happens and Dante and Cir are not unlimited, I am going to loving kill someone.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Koguma posted:

You're going to jail

(both of those are likely, plus dante to 2 :ssh:)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the greatest card game ever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd say wait to see a few more cards, but it seems like that might be the case.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress Lightsworns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PLease don't talk about my trap hole in such a wanton manner

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Clear Wing owns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Barrel Dragon, he's cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eat poo poo, Lightsworners

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
*ctrl+f*
"Burning Abyss 0 of 0"

good list, 10/10, ty based konami

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Burning Abyss this format given to you in video form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNnPmdN-tA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only TCG I play is Yugioh and that's because I have a personal attachment to the game and made some of the friends I have now that way. It helps that I also really just enjoy the actual game more than most card games though which I get sick of very quickly because they are not Devil May Cry or a fighting game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Synchro Trish reads as if you can banish up to 1 card from each, doesn't matter how many are in each. Nekroz Trish is restricted by needing one card in every place and that's the main reason why that card is nowhere near as scary as OG Trish.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Slur has said he likes Chain Burn which is one of the most cancerous decks in the game this side of Nekroz. I wasn't around for HAT decks, but looking it up it seems like some stupid gimmick deck relying solely on clearing the opponent's field because they dared to attack or blow up your back row. Then you chip them to death for a million years because Yugioh can be a really stupid card game. Stun decks in general are really boring and tiresome. I have a friend who upon playing a Yosenju stun deck instead of his Noble Knights began placing Top 8 at our locals consistently. He retired the deck after a month of playing it, because he felt the deck was really boring and disgusting since he just gets to win the second more than one Yosenju hits his hand.

Thankfully, BA and Shaddolls are cards now so even if Moralltach got put to 3, it would get shat on by both of those archtypes. Also Qli's would also possibly poo poo on them, but that's a maybe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Threatening back row destruction is boring in a game where so many stupid back row cards exist and you can chain to destruction anyways.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Denko is our savior from set 5.

thank you based denko

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You need to draw a pretty good hand to pull Gishki shenanigans otherwise you just get stomped.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reptiles are from a time when yugioh was a magic clone

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm happy we're finally getting these collector's cards after so long. 10-year old me will be very satisfied with this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you Crossout Falco that poo poo can legit win you the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Crossout, Royal Command, and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror are some of the most common sides against Shaddolls. They are a super good deck and one of the best ones right now in the TCG Meta.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arcane mechanics are what run lovely trading card games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These are gonna be some weird cards

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give me the decklist instead so I can throw it in the trash

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Yugioh games you gotta go back to are the gimmick ones like Forbidden Memories and Capsule Monsters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Forbidden Memories was a great game because you could normal summon 3000 atk point monsters for no cost and fuse out of your hand along with having one of the most hosed rulesets for that kind of play imaginebale. It was loving beautiful

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

Forbidden Memories was also trash because it had MMO level drop rates for the good cards and you had to grind your rear end off to get anything worth using.

Look I'm not saying it's not a bad game just that I thought it was a really funny one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love the new red dragon cards, but my deck still needs some speed because I refuse to remove and change things out for stuff I don't like.

Also my Calamity got Raigeki'd and I could't get Scarright out of the graveyard, why?

I kinda don't want to keep my barrier resonators since Synchron fills the spot as a level 1 tuner with far more utility just fine, but I also feel like protection for resonators might be necessary.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NO I NEED TO BE THE KING NOW

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shut up Slur, I don't give a gently caress about your poo poo right now, I AM TRYING TO BE THE KING.

I may be joking.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
no

there are no jokes in yugioh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's the best format the game's had since Tele-DAD because nothing outright stomps everything else. I'm only including Tele-DAD because that deck is loving hilarious and I love how dumb it is.

Dragon Rulers can go gently caress a duck though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nekroz weren't super overbearing last format, but it was basically just trading out Shaddolls and Nekroz, now that Nekroz has been hit enough, more decks are being seen and that's cool. Along with the Kozmo archtype looking pretty strong and the potential the new Red-Eyes support has, the meta will probably keep changing some more too.

I'm just happy that I'm finally getting my Ogre.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give me a recipe.

AND DON'T loving RESPOND WITH LMGTFY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nekroz are not nearly in the same prominence as they used to be and lol, what poo poo are you looking at where Shaddolls are not showing up, that deck pretty much stayed up there with Nekroz last format as being two of the top decks. I find this especially ironic for a person who wants one deck to be at the top again. This is not counting the number of rogue decks like Heroes, Yosenjus, and whatnot which perform fairly well against current meta and so on.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because people were getting sick of GOATs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna try a Chicken Race deck and see just how degenerate this deck is.

EDIT: BAN THIS loving CARD

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lisandra_brave posted:

Banning a card just because you don't like it is silly. Banning a card because it enables problem cards is also silly. The ones that should catch the ban are the problem cards, not the enablers.
So much has been banned because Blaze Fenix exists. So much can't get printed because exodia exists.

Honestly Royal Magical Library is the card that probably needs to be banned or limited, Chicken Race on its own isn't a super huge threat, but RML is a dumb card. If you ever fight against Chicken Race FTK in an actual tournament setting it would be incredibly easy to side against, but it's just a very degenerate card that causes a lot of shenanigans. Not that that's unique for Yugioh, but I may be hamming up my reaction here because of how silly the whole thing was when I pulled it off.

• Locked thread