Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So what is the consensus on the new Red Eyes support? I'm looking for a new deck to play aside of trusty Noble Knights but I can't decide between Red Eyes or Toons.

The new Red Eyes are really fun to play but they can brick easily against decks with anti-special summon cards. The XYZ card is completely bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Never heard it used in that manner before.

A floater is any card that provides a replacement on field when it is destroyed by battle or effect.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The flaw is that you aren't running other equip spells to capitalise on the Jersey. I know that its sub-optimal but its just so much fun when it works. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Serperoth posted:

For someone who's bad at games (despite being a Judge in Magic), is there a sort of "what's going on" guide or something? Or some way to keep up with stuff? I, for some reason I can't explain, am considering downloading the programs in the OP, but I feel entirely lost.

The programs are fully automatic so you can learn by doing if you have the time to kill. Otherwise youtube or the DS games are your best bet.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kaiser seems like it'd take up way to much extra deck real estate to ever be useful in rank 4 and the "has to have material" clause makes it so that 101, the best number, is crap to use with it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stardust Asssault Warrior seems pretty neat at least. It'll probably just be Quasar fodder the majority of the time but seeing more support for "junk" is always nice. :shobon:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kaiser is trash for toolbox play. The special summoning, XYZ material and number clause combined makes it way to unweildy. It's going to need a dedicated deck.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How is it junk? You're supposed to do exactly what you just described with it. It encourages you to play more of Junk Warrior, Junk Archer and Level Eater since they together with our new Stardust give you another easy way to rapidly access Quasar.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You've got a softlock for Speedroids with that card and Synchro Dragon.

EDIT: :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQob4KbVTU

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 15, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

Plus there's that nightmare scenario of drawing your bottomless trap hole

The horror

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Is Vajra going to breathe new life into Artifacts?

You mean the archetype that gets locked by everyones favorite new synchro dragon? :haw:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Yes. It's not the first time, and it's not the last. TCG has a terrible habit of doing this.

If you think about it all Konami has done is bring the Pachinko parlor system to the US. This way they can still claim that they don't give out cash prices while the players still get something of significant value.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

What else has been prize only? I honestly thought this was only a thing lovely f2p app games did.

TCGs by their very nature are lovely f2p games.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

As far as I know TCGs by their very nature are lovely games, that you play, but are most definitely the exact opposite of free. In fact, they get really loving expensive.

You just described the average F2P game.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Thank god for YGOpro and Devpro and all the sims.

Amen

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

On that topic, has anyone understood if we're seeing Scar Red in the anime again eventually? Belial is basically tailormade to summon him. Or is it a manga thing?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Red_Dragon_Archfiend_Belial

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

Also what decks have synchro space for red dragon archfiend synchros @_@.

Red Dragon Archfiend decks? :confused:

Since the new cards are building on the wonky but strong foundation of the old demons and resonator cards I can see it being tier 2 by the next pack. Scar-right and Wyvern are both ridiculous monsters. Also, Jack owns and Ushio lives on by every security cop playing a continuation of his chaser-deck. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'll make it happen regardless. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Scar-right has a blurb in his effect that he gets treated as the original both on field and graveyard and Red RESONATOR has it right there. They've done everything in their power to ensure that the old support still works and the additions of both anime and manga support is going to make it bloom into something beatiful, I just know it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

I'm just waiting for Moralltach to come back to 3. HAT format was my fave format ever, and Rafflesia is a blessing to it.

Your love for the boring never seizes to astound me Slur. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

How is HAT boring? Trap/stun/control formats are the best.

You miss the days when Raiza control was the dominant deck don't you? :psyduck:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 20, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Greydles seem like the premiere archetype of this pack in being a loving rear end in a top hat, especially the spells and traps. :swoon:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

Today is a dark day.

TheDuelLogs finally ran out of puns.

Guy has been pumping out videos at a ridiculous rate lately so that doesn't surprise me.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yugioh having all this weird loving nonsense overall is what makes it so great.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This is why you use Devpro.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're vulnerable against rank4 toolbox too, abyss dweller wrecks them.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur everything you play is degenerate, just embrace your position as the villain of this story. :v:

E-Heroes is another deck which gives no poo poo whatsoever about those 12 snatch-steals.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 28, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Because 'control' in Yugioh usually boils down to 'your opponent can't play at all'.

Wouldn't really merit the monicker control otherwise would it? :colbert:

Control in other TCGs like hearthstone is even more boring

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

Hey Kids, have you been struggling to get into Yugioh? Well fear not, because Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelists is coming out on the PS4 and Xbox One!

https://www.facebook.com/yugiohduelgeneration/photos/a.1530245653893234.1073741832.1464760070441793/1637710009813464/?type=1&permPage=1

Enter the Duelist Simulator to take your place among the finest Duelists ever in Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist! Players from around the world have been invited to take part in an elite Dueling program that simulates the best Duels across all of Yu-Gi-Oh! history. Replay actual events in the Yu-Gi-Oh! timeline, from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series up to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, featuring the storylines, characters, and Decks in a brand new Story Campaign. Duelists will also Duel against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, with even more Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Duels to be added later as downloadable content.

With over 6,600 cards to play with, including new Pendulum Summon Monsters, Duelists can fight in hundreds of matches with over 90 characters, and even compete in new Battle Pack Sealed Deck and Draft play with other Duelists online.
Features:

The very first Yu-Gi-Oh! video game available for the PS4™ and Xbox One

PASS

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Forbidden Memories was the best non-WCS game.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Forbidden Memories was also trash because it had MMO level drop rates for the good cards and you had to grind your rear end off to get anything worth using.

This was back in PS1 times when grinding wasn't neccesarily a bad thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Slur Show

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wouldn't putting in Beigomax and Dice instead of those you have make the deck much more consistent? :confused:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dice would allow you to put in one for one and make the deck even sackier. You could probably run Reasoning as well for great effect since the levels are so spread out. Also, when are you putting up the decklist for "Exodia Sucks"? :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If you'd truly build a focused deck then it'd always end up being some boring FTK deck. The beatiful thing is, Chicken Race doesn't even need a deck built around it, you can slip it into anything as long as terraforming is a natural part of that deck. Case and point:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chicken Race is nothing, the real insane card is Lose 1 Turn. I think I'm up to 3 games this week which I've single-handily lost to it because MST was the only answer in my deck which it didn't lock down itself. :shepicide:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

What was your deck?

Specifically? The majespecter deck I posted above, Speedroids and Supreme BLS. It felt the absolute worst with Supreme BLS since that deck is wonky as hell even without your opponent locking down your only play.

RatHat posted:

How is a library a creature anyway?

It's a magical library.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

It's not so much the library, as it is the librarians that appear in it's art.

Give me my SimCity archetype Konami. :argh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

In the TCG, HEROs have 3 Shadow Mist, 3 ROTA, 3 E-Call, 3 A Hero Lives, and 2 Summoner Monk.

They don't need Stratos.

Accept no substitute! :argh:

Anyone got the deck-list on that pendulum heroes build? Never heard of that before.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ooooh, I'd love this one too! That sounds fun as hell. Far more fun than the last time I tried using HEROes, at least, though as most people here know, that isn't really hard...

Also I don't get why Stratos is still banned.

Well I tried, it kinda works but I feel like I'm on the wrong track. In practice, it's simply a mildly better variant of the standard-fare blazeman heroes that popped up last year. You still end up with no cards in your hand and every win feels unfair. Not really sure where to go from here, Stratos would probably be killer but yeah. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

So there's Better MST, Better Shrink, Better Book of Moon and Chainable Better Destiny Draw. Trebles all-round.

Better? They're all traps instead of spells which is a huge disadvantage.

Won't stop me from stuffing them into yet another Kaijudeck.

• Locked thread