Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the pendulum zone.

When is TCG getting more lightsworn support and/or what's the new archetype I should play if I'm a lightsworn appreciator?

EDIT: RIP Lightsworn Rulers

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

To be fair just looking at Xyz they look dense as hell to digest. But people felt that way about Synchro's. Even though synchro's are "Can you do basic addition? Congrats. You can synchro summon."

I think initially the main thing I didn't immediately get about xyz is you place the material under the card and that the card cares what the material is and sometimes uses it. That's kind of an additional layer of complexity that synchros didn't have although I guess some synchron tuners tacked extra abilities on the synchros they made and they moved in that direction.

Synchro also felt like less baggage to me since it just seemed like more generalized contact fusion (rip gladiator beasts), and XYZ in a way is a re-restricted synchro buuuut the don't dump materials into the yard part is def a big difference.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I found the ygopro app and I've been jamming Burning Abyss Lightsworns (for novelty's sake) against the AI and it's sweet but I think I'm goofing up some lines to get Michael out properly.

Burning Abyss is a pretty neat archetype but the chaining with your own yard effects in BALs is kind of annoying. Afaik the big daddy dragon rulers are banned so am I just best off playing standard lightsworn or one of the hybrids?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ok I did read about it somewhere else too but lol at banning releaser and trishula and restricting unicore.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

In fact, Upper Deck was convinced they could run the game better than Konami, that's what led to the TCG exclusive cards I believe

Out of curiosity what are the TCG exclusive cards?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

The most recent set are Burning Abyss and Ultra Athletes.
Prior to that, we had Noble Knights, and DRLG.
All this stuff is coming out in the OCG later. BA is one of the big decks now. UA aren't as disgusting but they're a lot of fun. Look at their equip card, and be aware that it is not even their craziest S/T.

Oh yeah I read that about Burning Abyss somewhere I was under the impression that upper deck made cards that never showed up in OCG or something v:shobon:v.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think rare fish sees play as an instant fusion target but I think Fusionist is used more often for that.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

So just to confirm because UTC is a weird thing to time people on. The "Come one, Come all, bring your decks to the Steam chat and duel people" thing is in 10 hours I'll go update the OP with that.

drat it why do you do this while my friend's trying to get me to play PoE :\.

Also unrelated I pulled this hero list from WCQ:

quote:

MAIN

2 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
3 Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
2 Goblindbergh
3 Heroic Challenger - Assault Halberd
2 Summoner Monk
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
Monsters [13]
3 A Hero Lives
1 Book of Moon
3 Forbidden Lance
3 Mask Change
1 Mask Charge
1 Raigeki
3 Reinforcement of the Army
Spells [15]
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Call of the Haunted
2 Fiendish Chain
3 Mind Crush
1 Ring of Destruction
1 Solemn Warning
1 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
1 Vanity's Emptiness

EXTRA

1 Abyss Dweller
1 Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Gagaga Samurai
1 Heroic Champion - Excalibur
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Masked HERO Acid
1 Masked HERO Anki
2 Masked HERO Dark Law
1 Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1 Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk

What's the point of the Assault Halberds and how aggressively am I supposed to use A Hero Lives? Like is it worth eating 4k to get dark law out ASAP? Also if I go second do I risk them having MST when I search out Shadow Mist and go for a mask change on their standby or do I just mask change it.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 10, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

That misuse of your/you're tilts me way harder than the prospect of playing the King of Games himself.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Now go forth and synchro summon.

Are they all wind things and presumably machines?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Does that mean it's time to jam cyber dragon / chimeratech fortress again? :getin:

Unless they also have the dumb qliphort clause.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Irony Be My Shield posted:

genericsynchro.dec took a lot of killing, I can see why they're reluctant to bring it back.

I don't know if that was really a thing it was more that everyone played similar synchro chains regardless of whether they were playing plants/synchrons/teleDAD/lightsworn.

I hope you like 4+plaguespreader into brionac or some other chain into dsf/brd or another chain into whatever my tribe-unique synchro boss is.

(Daigusto Sphreez best boss synchro).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 14, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah bring back e-drags at one for lightsworn rulers :getin:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 15, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Cabinet posted:

That, but unironically. :unsmigghh:

There's no irony in my post just love for lightsworns

(and Tempest in Gustos)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Lightsworns are great because milling yourself is the best thing in any card game.

I say this as an unrepentant dredge player in magic.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Kinkyuu Gishiki Jutsu Urgent Ritual Art
Normal Trap Card
(1) If you control no Ritual Monsters: You can banish 1 Ritual Spell Card from your hand or Graveyard; this card’s effect is the same as that Ritual Spell Card when it is activated for a Ritual Summon.

Man this seems flashy but being a gishki card and not a nekroz card seems to make it worse.

Unless gishkis are secretly back somehow?

That said i don't know what this does in practice but nekroz cycle out of the graveyard seems neat.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 15, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Gishiki is Japanese for Ritual.

Man reading is hard ok.

I mean Ritua -> Gishki / Ritual -> Gishiki is so taxing on my eyes :|

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 any trap hole and it's generic. You don't even have to draw your trap cards any more.

I like that it doesn't take up backrow but you still have to set aside the deck and extra deck space v:shobon:v.

Plus there's that nightmare scenario of drawing your bottomless trap hole. Is there another commonly used rank 4 that's worth taking out to make space for it?

Also it seems hard to use for BA and Qlis but might be reasonable in Shaddoll.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 15, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hope none of you guys were looking forward for Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/621484253302292480

noooooooooooooo

Dexie posted:

Yes. It's not the first time, and it's not the last. TCG has a terrible habit of doing this.

What else has been prize only? I honestly thought this was only a thing lovely f2p app games did.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And Lavalal Chain is forbidden :raise:

Also RIP Releaser and a limit on Shurit. Seems like a p big hit to Nekroz :(.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hjalmar posted:

I was expecting a hit to Royal Magical Library or Instant Fusion, but this is fine too I guess.

I mean they're undoubtedly powerful effects but there hasn't been a deck abusing RML in tournaments since the limiting of Mind Augus afaik and instant fusion was mostly used in infernities which as said above is hit by the chain ban too? Let me keep instant fusion to jam cyber dragons and nova->infinity on ygopro :v:

Also I mean beyond lavalval chain fueling particular combos like the releaser lock or w/e in other decks from looking at WCG decks people are just running it as a Rank 4 toolkit to find Shaddoll Dragon / Farfa which is probably the main reason to axe it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think banning chain is like, the right idea overall. Easily accessible toolkits are generally hard to develop/balance around unless you do weird things like make super parasitic non rank 4 tribes. When non-BA lists run Farfa just to fetch with chain it's probably a sign that chain is the problem.

That said BA is basically unaffected I guess?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't trish work the same way as Nekroz of Trish?

So like, BA decks (and really anything else that can dump its hand) can just float on one card or zero unless you do something like EoT eclipse them.

Pack your effect veilers I guess :laffo:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 17, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

What's the plan for activation number 5? Constellar Ptolemy?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Whatever nobody tells me what people call cards :(

Synchrons can hit trish quickly while drawing like crazy off hyper librarian but at that point you basically can hit quasar anyway so v:shobon:v. Trish still seems like a nice card to just play in the list either way tho. Plus it can be used as an intermediary on the way to quasar.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 18, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh why did they have to make jack show up? There were at least like 5+ other character in 5d's who were cooler including the cop who was also the bully in the first series

Also what decks have synchro space for red dragon archfiend synchros @_@.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 20, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Are you daring to talk poorly about the KING OF DUELISTS WHO IS 5 STEPS AHEAD JACK ATLUS ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-V17oV5-bE

Also decks that are playing SW cards.

The only people worse than jack are people losing to jack :(

But seriously bullycop is like the best dude.

Also they should have just nuked 5ds and made duel terminal story bullshit an anime

Also on topic I've been jamming synchrons and there is a nonzero amount of time trish as an option is useful but i don't think the deck is good even with that since it's not like the consistency and being soft to like every lock issues are solved.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 20, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

Well, Bujins just got a piece of Pendulum support.

Not that it matters for Madolche, because Pendulum Madolches already topped in Japan recently.

RIP Madolche they were like my other other favorite archetype.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

Bonus silliness! You can't use lance to protect against raff's dump because it copies the effect onto her! You can't BTS her because she's unaffected by traps!

I mean the only thing that comes to mind that easily works here barring having additional redundancy is foolish burial/mathguy/armageddon knight to dump a farfa. As if people needed more reason to play a foolish burial/mathguy toolbox.

Please don't dark law

Also doesn't effect veiler work?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 20, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
How important is leo or star eater in shaddolls? I'm looking for something to side out for trish using this extra deck listing (shamelessly copied from a july 2015 european wcq winner):

quote:

1x El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis
3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
3x El Shaddoll Winda

Synchro

1x Arcanite Magician
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1x Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth
1x Star Eater

I'm also not sure what Samsara is for (the deck does run maindeck mind control but I mean I dunno) so maybe axe that?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

gently caress Exodia. Worst loving deck in the game.

I will be SO glad when Konami comes to their senses and bans one of the Exodia pieces. :argh:

I dunno is it really less interactive than Gishki? I mean there's still some legal iteration of Gishki atm isn't there?

I guess veiler can gently caress up a gishki loop since they're making you draw your whole deck.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

I thought the banlist was for killing meta decks to push the new chase cards.

Yeah man that banlist sure is killing burning abyss.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ok so here's something I've seen on ygopro jamming against AI -

if I have Shooting Quasar Dragon (without having activated its negate effect) out and the AI SS's Collapserpent, tributes it to Caius, and then I don't seem to get a timing window to activate Quasar's ability on the Caius trigger as it puts Caius trigger + Collapserpent trigger "on the stack" (sorry I'm super used to magic lingo if thats not the best way to say it). Am I supposed to be trying to get in my Quasar effect between those triggers somehow (is there a button i hold in ygopro to do this). Have I missed the opportunity to negate Caius's effect if the Collapserpent effect is activated? It is the app version so maybe that's a bug?

And they're not dead since in this scenario I either upstarted twice or used soul charge to get out quasar :v:.

Julias posted:

3.This is a bit of history lesson, but there used to be a "thing" that older players refered to as "Priority", which involved summoning a monster like Dark Armed Dragon or Rescue Rabbit, having a Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole activated in response to its summon, and them being able to use the ignition effects before those cards resolved. This diagram, when it got printed in the rulebooks, was very important because it straight up say: "No. "Priority" is illegal. You are playing the game wrong." Quick Effects (Those that can be activated during either player's turn) can still be chained in this way, but that is because it is a part of the game mechanic.

I remember one of the DS games letting you do this with Judgment dragon and definitely remember them having the priority thing with DAD.

Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong and it was you had a window to activate an ignition effect with DAD/Rabbit/JD before they had a chance to activate their trap but they could still activate the trap after you put the ignition ability "on the stack"?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 22, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm disappointed that there aren't 40+ kuriboh tokens.

The yugi token is pretty funny tho I guess. Man what a terrible arc that was.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

I faced a Cyber Dragon deck with my own a bit after my club did a mirror match tourney. He used Super Poly and fused using exclusively my monsters. I cut him off at the pass with a De-Fusion and got the cards back.

Can you de-fusion Chimeratech Fortress Dragon? Seems super greedy to not just go for that.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

Yes, but only if you only used your own monsters. Fortress dragon is good because it'll eat your opponent's machines as well. If you de-fuse it and not all of the materials are in your graveyard, you're hosed.

Oh I thought you couldn't de-fuse Fortress Dragon because it's not a fusion summon but that shows what I know :(. Then I re-read De-fusion.

What does De-fusion do with Masked HEROes then? Does it retrieve whatever was mask changed into that hero?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah so Fortress isn't a fusion summon either afaik so I guess you can just kill anything purple-framed that isn't "fusion summoned" with de-fusion.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I get that but the part I don't get is what follows

quote:

Target 1 face-up Fusion Monster on the field; shuffle that target into the Extra Deck, then, if all the Fusion Material Monsters that were used for its Fusion Summon are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon all of them.

So fortress dragon -is- a fusion summon? I guess I always assumed contact fusions were with cards on your side of the field or something like with GB's, RB's, and Neos but I always assumed Fortress Dragon was just a thing you special summoned with the fusion frame and not a "fusion summon" v:shobon:v.

(Also contact fusions dont dump the components into your yard anyway so de-fusion doesn't really come up as anything but removal against them).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Where's the VITA yugioh game :(

Also 100% getting legacy of the duelists just to subject my roommate to the stupid greatness

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh god yeah.
I was playing Tag Force 4/5 ( i dont remember) and they start you off with this terrible beast deck, jesus christ it had no consistency whatsoever.

and also the unicorn monsters.
gently caress me.

I remember one of the GBA games I opened a final countdown so I just played that and 1-for-1 removal until I got me some Cyber Dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Haha I can't believe Yu-Jo Friendship is a legal card.

isn't yuujou japanese for friendship

• Locked thread