Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I remember when the most complicated thing this game had was fusion and ritual summoning, now I'm looking at xyz and my eyes are just sliiiiiding off the page. How did this game get so loving dense? Is it a case of the anime constantly needing more stakes so the game had to adapt or did the anime have to adapt to the crazy card devs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Onmi posted:

Oh believe me, I was right on board with "I'm tilting out at Xyz" that most people had coming off 5Ds. But when I got to actually playing with them it just came naturally. They also confirm the full extra deck without needing to build around them. Excluding your Monarch builds which 9/10 times wont be summoning from the extra deck, but it's nice to have them there just in case.

The main problem, to me at least, is with Synchro, Xyz and Fusion all doing pretty well, your extra deck space can get tiiiiight. It's only 15 cards. It's like crafting a Side Board for in the game.

Yea just to be clear when I said 'I remember' I meant that was the last time I played as a kid, I haven't experienced these rules at all so for all I know this could be the smoothest possible way to summon but just reading it confused the poo poo out of my Magic playing rear end. So the shut under it is what you sacrifice to make the card, but that poo poo stays in game as stuff that makes limited resources for what the card can do?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I got the online thing and I just have no idea what I'm doing (though kudos to the system for having a really easily searchable library so at least I'm not completely floating in the deep end). I tried to build a super hero themed deck because why not and the AI murdered me in like a turn. Like literally turn one the AI went first, it put down like four cards and did the XYZ (I think) summon thing for a black card that had a ton of stat advantage and I was just all 'uh ok computer I guess you win this round'. I tried to go for a tempo kinda deck based around that trap that summons more low rank heroes when your hero dies and equipment and all but...yea there's no way for that to counter the AI just waving it's cyber balls in my face and dumping nearly all its hand to summon Face Fucker 9000.

• Locked thread