Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yo, this tot's got a terrible temper.

Also I thought floating meant cards that keep/contribute to strong field advantage even if they leave the field.
Like Yang Zings, theres always a Zing to replace a dead Yang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

Kaiser seems like it'd take up way to much extra deck real estate to ever be useful in rank 4 and the "has to have material" clause makes it so that 101, the best number, is crap to use with it.

Not really. You summon and pop 101's effect, then use it to summon Kaiser with another R4.

Goddamnit more Junk support.
Xyz keeps getting amazing generics and synchro gets shafted with (old) archetype support.
The gently caress Konami.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

What does "you can only summon 1 monster per rank" mean? That you can't, for example, summon two rank 9s?

I think it's more that an R1 xyz Kaiser gets you 1 special summon.
R2 get you 2 and so on.
So R4 is, again, the best option for Kaiser.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh. A monarch with actual reason to stay on the field than being a beatstick after popping its effect.
Awesome.

Though arent Mega-Mons quite slow?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RDAbyss needs a Dark dragon but yeah I see what youre saying.

Still though Konami needs to stop it with all the goddamn Junk/Synchron support. It's fun stuff and wouldve destroyed the Meta right before R4 toolboxes became a thing, but goddamn it isnt making synchro as viable as xyz.

I want more and better synchro generics, more and better tuners. None of these archetype locks. More monsters with 'this cannot be used as an xyz material'. More low level synchro plays. Going for L6-8 is getting boring.

Also Eidos is the best Vassal to ever Vass.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 14, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

In order:
Needs L9s to work well, not much more than a wall, doesnt work on Ranks.
Good beater (min 3100, max 3700) but shite at everything else.
Mist Wurm needs setup or a flexible synchro deck but still is unparalled at the bounce game, imo a bit much investment for an on summon effect, and you really arent in a position to summon it most of the time unless synchro is the core strategy.
Trish is still banned on the TCG.

E: STAR WOZ.
GET HYPE.

(Why yes I do think thats the pun theyre going for)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gishiki is Japanese for Ritual.

Also sites down it seems.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Is Vajra going to breathe new life into Artifacts?

(Also sylvan support! IT BRINGS poo poo BACK FROM THE GRAVE HELL YEAH BOYYYYYYY)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ahhahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

TRISH IS FREEEEEED
CHAIN IS DEAD.

This makes me so happy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

#ICanBreakTheseChains
#YouCantBreakTheseChains

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

Red Dragon Archfiend decks? :confused:

Since the new cards are building on the wonky but strong foundation of the old demons and resonator cards I can see it being tier 2 by the next pack. Scar-right and Wyvern are both ridiculous monsters. Also, Jack owns and Ushio lives on by every security cop playing a continuation of his chaser-deck. :colbert:

Well I dont think they are, They may share names with the old cards but most probably they're all part of the 'Red' Archetype:
See: Red Wyvern, Red Resonator. Boss dragons being 'Hot Red-'.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jul 20, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am not sure what exactly I am expected to do with D/D Baphomet. Summon Kali Yuga? He's not that good.

Kali Yuga is the clinch monster. One turn Denko Sekka/Skill Drain all in one.

And D/D Baphomet is secretly amazing for synchro play.

(A point and change level effect that doesnt restrict synchro? OH GOD YES.)

Damnit Konami stop putting restrictions on easily playing with my tuner levels.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 21, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Good lord slur do you play in the witching hour or something
I hardly ever see creepy poo poo like that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

And suddenly, Remove Brainwashing becomes a trump card. I am making a deck of these guys as soon as there are enough to make one and they hit YGOPro.

Hm.
I wonder how well they'll go with Kozmos.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lisandra_brave posted:

Keep in mind they all have a highlander on them. If you get an extra somehow, one of them has to go to the graveyard.

That also means you get a Kaiju Counter and the opponent loses out on a monster.
A win-win.

For the highlander "You can only control 1 of x"
Does that restrict you from activating any effects that cause you to come into control of another copy?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think a free for all is the best choice.
Work out all the kinks of organizing, get people adapted to the format and leave policing the actual gameplay for later.

Of course some base rules should be there, like no exodia decks/other terrible unfun decks.

But a problem I have with yugioh control-stun (at least the most common variants) is that it really does just lock your opponent rather than restricting them and manipulating the field to your advantage. The locked player has to just sit there, even with a wonderful hand that would set off their deck and just watch the other person go 'battle phase I attack for invariably piddly damage end turn' for 4 or so turns then lose.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think Magic has a much stronger base in America, while Yugioh is more spread out.
You can probably attribute that to the anime, whereas Magic didn't really have anything outside of video games and novels to market it, Yugioh went straight for the kids with the cartoon.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

After messing with the online stuff (DN/YGOPro/etc), I can't play any of the games anymore. It's such a drag having to grind for new cards.

EDIT: It would help if they all didn't start you with lovely decks.

Oh god yeah.
I was playing Tag Force 4/5 ( i dont remember) and they start you off with this terrible beast deck, jesus christ it had no consistency whatsoever.

and also the unicorn monsters.
gently caress me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

I love Arc-V

To add to this:
This was right after the other duelist made a speech to incite a popular revolt against the 1%.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

A friend just pointed out to me that if Beelze and Red-Eyes Flare Metal are on the field together and Flare Metal's burn effect triggers, then the controller of Beelze instantly loses.

I need to find a way to abuse this. :stare:

Wait what
How.

HOW?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

If these were L4/R4 they would be incredible. As they are they're pretty neat but nothing earthshattering

Jesus gently caress no

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

Rank 4 is The Worst but also it's really strong and what if trap monsters were t1 you guys (actually my sister plays a trap monster deck and would become insufferable so nvm)

Really though, it IS nice to see Rank 2 getting a little bit of love. It's probably the most neglected Rank, after, I guess, 9??? But nobody cares about L/R9 and nobody ever will.

Where is my L/R12 archetype Konami

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Exodia anything isn't fun to play against. THAT is the real cancer of Yugioh. :colbert:

Anything that involves not interacting with your opponent for the entire duel is auto-cancer.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

Tiara is Rank 4 and 90% of the fun of Madolche. The looks on people's faces when they find out she doesn't target :allears:

Archetype Bound R4s arent the cancer and are actually, biggest surprise of all, pretty balanced.
It's the Generic R4s and poo poo like Clownblade that just pump the field full of R4s non stop forever.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

Youtou – Shiranui
Level 2 FIRE Zombie-Type Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 800
DEF 0
You can only use the effect of “Youtou – Shiranui” once per turn. (1) If this card is in your Graveyard, except during the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 non-Tuner Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard; banish both that target and this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level is the same as the combined Level of both banished monsters.
:stare:

quote:

Katanagami – Shiranui
Level 6 FIRE Zombie-Type Pendulum Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 0
1 Zombie-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Zombie-Type monster
You can only Special Summon 1 “Katangami – Shiranui(s)” once per turn.
(1) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can target 1 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters; shuffle it into your Deck, and if you do, change all monsters your opponent controls whose ATK is lower than the ATK of that monster to Defense Position.
(2) If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; it loses 500 ATK.
HAAAAHAAHAHAHAHA

Zombie turbo Synchro just got a whole lot more powerful.

Well not really but this opens up some super fun Anime plays.

Wait no :smith: the only other Zombie Synchro monsters require Plaguespreader as the tuner.
aw man.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 17, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

PSYFrame Omega does that job better - it returns Mezuki/Plaguespreader to the graveyard, where they're more immediately useful. You're right though, it could just be the start of a new Zombie archetype where that kind of play makes more sense. Maybe we'll get a Lv8 and Lv10, and just use each Synchro as a stepping stone to get to the real boss monster?

Yeah but that violates the most important part of Zombie synchro: Theming of the main deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

I like the idea that she is a win condition that can only be overlayed using all the BA summoning types

Summoning all 4 BA Bosses already means you are (and already were) guaranteed a win.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Black Illusion

quote:

Until the end of this turn, all DARK Spellcaster-Type monsters with 2000 or more ATK you currently control cannot be destroyed by battle, their effects are negated, also they are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

Well not :stare: level.
It would need to be continuous to be that.

But pretty good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

It'd be better if it were quickplay.

Yeah the Dark Magician-Deck as is is really starved for good spells.

That's what Irony is, right?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zoness posted:

Are wights actually good?

Yes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Honestly though performages should have all been on attribute and just had them target that specific attribute.

Like dark spellcaster or something.
That would have been not hosed up and degenerate.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

I don't think I get what you're saying. What do you mean, have them target a specific attribute?

And please, no more dark/spellcasters. We have way too many of those already. :/

Attribute and type, DARK and Spellcaster, respectively.

I only gave it as an example though, it wouldnt make sense for them to search from a group of monsters like, for example, WATER psychics, that have next to no support.

What im saying is instead of making their searching and effects generic they should have gotten a restriction to "Performa-" or a certain type/attribute group.

E:Or I havent played in quute a while so im forgetting if the problem im talking about even exists.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 3, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah Tainted Wisdom uses preset hands. To easily show off the preffered method of OTK in that deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its what I expect from a format that gave us Clownblade aka more R4 drudgery.

Instead of playing about with the best card in the drat game.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

(Fiendish Rhino Warrior)
Level 3 EARTH Fiend-Type Effect Monster
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except “Fiendish Rhino Warrior”. You can only use this effect of “Fiendish Rhino Warrior” once per turn.

Well this card is BA in all but name.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Rhino would be amazing for Archfiends if Tour Guide wasn't at 1. :/

Tour guide will never get un-limited.
Tour guide -> Rhino -> Dante -> mill 3 -> throw Graff/Scarm

Bam BA has just got a guaranteed start off on a single card.
Which can be searched by scarm.

Yup. Never un-limited.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh this leads me to something.
So you made a dante using rhino and whatever.
You activate Dante by using Rhino.
What activates first now, rhinos effect or Dantes?

Or is there some quantum state where Rhino is in the graveyard but not actually theee yet for effect purposes?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aww insight magician is Limited.
He's literally the only thing keeping pendulumages viable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Is it just me or do phantom knights look to be a actually fun xyz archetype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zaborg was always busted against extra decks.
But that, that is just terrifying.

As for Phantom Knights:
Phantom Knights Breaksword / The Phantom Knights of Breaksword
Rank 3 DARK Warrior-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 1000
Materials: 2 Level 3 monsters
(1) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on each side of the field; destroy them. (2) If this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed: You can target 2 “Phantom Knights” monsters with the same Level in your Graveyard; you cannot Special Summon monsters other than DARK Monsters for the rest of this turn, also Special Summon them, but they each gain 1 Level.

non-specific Diamond Dire effect is good on it's lonesome, but that (2) effect is damned good. This is also pretty much R3 support.

And the (2) effects of what I assume to be all effect monster PKs:
(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; send 1 “Phantom Knights” card or “Phantom” Spell/Trap from your Deck to the Graveyard.
And for the Phantom S/Ts:
(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 “Phantom Knights” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but banish it if it leaves the field.

:getin::getin::getin::getin:
I'm going to really like PKs.

Plus this motherfucker:

Black Luster Soldier: Sacred Soldier.

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 of your banished LIGHT or DARK monsters and 1 card your opponent controls; return the first target to the Graveyard, and if you do, banish the second target. You can only use this effect of "Black Luster Soldier - Sacred Soldier" once per turn. When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can target 1 Level 7 or lower Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 16, 2015

• Locked thread