Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess I'll look into Pendulum Normals, I'm up for trying to play monsters with dumb flavour text. I like these sped-up replays, they always look ridiculous.

e: why do Yugioh players always post blurry unreadable images instead of decklists

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Tyrant's Throes does look wonderfully oppressive, I remember how miserable anti-summoning floodgates can be. Is Rescue Rabbit->those rank 4 dinosaurs still a good enough thing to be doing? They seem good if the gameplan is to try and lock the opponent out. Also is Heart of the Underdog actually fast enough to work in the current game?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Speaking of rank 4 spam is there a good guide to staple XYZs anywhere? Thanks for the advice re: pendulum normals, I've got a sortof list together.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cool, thanks. I'm going for the dino/normal pendulum idea so a bunch of my slots are taken up by First, Evolzars and Emeral. Any advice on generic rank 6s to go alongside Solda?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I came up with a Dino-Normals list. It is capable of some pretty ridiculous starts, but it's pretty all-in on slamming an Evolzar quickly and from my AI testing I've found it will rapidly hemorrhage value against the good archetype decks if it can't shut them down. A real backrow would help the gameplan out, but at the same time a critical mass of monsters is so important to this deck (I need to spend 2 setting up my pendulum zones, then I need at least 2 more to actually do anything meaningful with them) that I think I have very few potential reactive slots.

I've also only just realized that I can run Igknight's in TCG/OCG and that they're kindof great, so guess I should work out if they give me any good rank 4s.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Having 6 spells that tutor either end of the pendulum scale has already made it feel a lot better. Now they just need to make a low-scale dinosaur

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sure. It's possible I should be including one of the warrior rank 4s as a Rescue Rabbit target but extra deck space is already super tight. Also I haven't tested it much since I added in the Igknights, so maybe the extra consistency from ROTA allows me to cut some monsters and put in whatever the staple disruption stuff is at the moment.

Monsters (25):
3 Dragoons of Draconia
3 Igknight Musket
3 Igknight Dragnov
1 Flash Knight
3 Dragon Horn Hunter
3 Lancephorhynchus
3 Sabersaurus
3 Kabazauls
2 Frostosaurus
1 Rescue Rabbit

Spells (13):
3 Summoner's Art
3 Fossil Dig
3 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Fire Formation - Tenki
2 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Dragon's Mirror

Traps (2):
2 Royal Decree

Extra Deck (15):
1 First of the Dragons
2 Evolzar Laggia
1 Evolzar Dolkka
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
1 Planetellarknight Ptolemaios
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Evolzar Solda
1 Gauntlet Shooter
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Number 39: Utopia Beyond

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They're really just there so I can fetch both ends with ROTA and because they're normal. I guess I might as well play more Flash Knights since it has more attack.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 9, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The really absurd TCG exclusive I remember playing with was Tour Guide from the Underworld, it was just in every single deck because it's a rank 3 XYZ with no cost at all.

I like how some of the "OCG exclusive" cards are just insanely bad old ones they never bothered to reprint.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rare_Fish
Note that one of its materials is itself a fusion monster.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 9, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That ban list led me to look up the Blue-Blooded Oni FTK, and I have to say: :psyduck:

e: also as someone who played with unrestricted Wind-Ups why would you want to bring back the archetype that mind twists its opponents on T1 almost every game

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 10, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Onmi posted:

Absurdly aggressive with AHL. In Yugioh you absolutely only care about having enough life left to trigger your abilities. Burn does not exist like it does in magic.so there's no fear of commiting life to board only to get bolted out of nowhere.
Huh did Chain Burn get the axe?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is there a way to make the AI slow down so you can process what it's doing?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Thoughts on Pendulum Normals so far: 10/10, would turn 1 Cyber Dragon Infinity + Evolzar Solda again.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

genericsynchro.dec took a lot of killing, I can see why they're reluctant to bring it back.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I played whatever YCS game let you run 14-card Exodia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The pendulum summoning mechanic seems fair and well designed.

• Locked thread