Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So what is the consensus on the new Red Eyes support? I'm looking for a new deck to play aside of trusty Noble Knights but I can't decide between Red Eyes or Toons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

It's bonkers good. Also Dark, since you're the other NK player, I was hoping you could also test to see how Empowered Warrior Dragodeus and Dragonox do in the NK deck. Because in theory they should be very splashable. Warriors, level 4, Light/Dark. Their monster effects search/revive 2000 attack or less Warrior/Spellcasters (They entire deck besides lady of the lake) and their Pendulum Effects can protect the battle phase/open offensive plays. Though downside it's a discard effect for Dragodeus.

Anyway I've been trying to make them work I was wondering if you had any ideas. This is the bad skeleton I've made

In theory they can work fine but the risk of brick hands seem higher with them on the deck. See, the searching issue with the knights isn't monster related, is the lack of a trustworthy way to get a NA on your hand.

Dragodeous in that sense is a poor tech since it both eats your normal summon and relies on being destroyed by your opponent. Dragonox is a good tech but its effect lack the sinergy of Chad's.

They do help the deck to focus on being a rank 4 toolbox but for that purpose there are better options.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The really absurd TCG exclusive I remember playing with was Tour Guide from the Underworld, it was just in every single deck because it's a rank 3 XYZ with no cost at all.

And since they ruled that Sangan can't get its effect if is an XYZ material, Konmi of America made the Burning Abyss to do exactly that out of spite :v:

Personally I LOVE the Noble Knights, is an interesting archetype that needs skill to be used effectively. Its only issue is that is too balanced.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

And their one equip is better than pretty much ever NK equip put together. Which does make me sad, NKs are one of my favourite archetypes but ultimately its cardinal sin is being balanced. Yugioh is not a balanced game. So a Balanced archetype is just never going to do it.

I disagree, the Jersey doesn't has poo poo on Excaliburn nor Gwenwhyfar. Ultimately, the true power of the Noble Knights lie within the equips and no the monster themselves, the only thing we need is a tutor for equips.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

The problem with NobKni is they have only one real play and if you don't get that off you're hosed. I haven't really played with them but playing against them is boring when you know how to counter.

Then you haven't played with good Noble Knight players. A king.dek is the worst thing you can do with them

Onmi posted:

But they can Tutor their jersey, And it doesn't so much matter that it doesn't protect since UA has a lot of protection, and there's no downside to the card. Its very hard to argue with a tutored 1000 A/D Double Strike that comes back to hand. And, most importantly, It's one S/T slot. Noble Knights need to take up their 5 slots for their equips. And look, I love NKs, I run them, but I'd trade pretty much all but Gwen for Jersey.

This isn't true. But 90% of people know "Medraut.play" and nothing else.

But you don't want to put all the weapons at once nor use them all on the same monster.

And while Gwen is the only arm you can tutor with ease, you have options to get the arms into your hand and they have quite the powerful effects as well

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

Well no, and I try not to slam all my arms on the one NK, my favourite play is Borz/Brothers/Drystan. But I never feel like I'm running the right protection.

Obviously it depends on what are you facing and what was your luck with the draw but ideally you want to keep Brothers equipped with Destiny so you can plus with their effect, Drystan with Excalibur to keep the soft lock on the field and Borz with Gwen.

My favorite setup is having Round Table and Brothers on the field, is easy to build a considerable advantage and you will always have an answer for the opponent plays.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 10, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2wtBc6Ls4

Welp here it is, There's no soundeffects, they didn't come out right and I wasn't going to record it again. Also I uploaded it with the vocal track when I meant the non-vocal. Don't care anymore, forever upset I couldn't get We Will Rock You to fit.

Pretty awesome duel, although it gave more reasons to think that Jersey isn't as good as the Noble Arms :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

Nah the flaw in that was that I'd used Pot of Duality instead of a different better card in the deck.

Jersey is still better than the Noble Arms.

How? The Jersey can't get past Destiny, and Mighty Slugger is only UA that can overcome Gwen in battle phase.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

Mostly because we're not comparing the deck in versus to each other, but in versus to everything else. And in general, one would take a 1000/1000 boost with no downsides and a second attack over the more specific but less overall strong effects of the Noble Arms.

And for U.A.s the Jersey does more for them as an equip than the spread around Arms do. And I do agree that NKs really just needed a proper Arms tutor, but that still doesn't change I'd take a Jersey over.... Gallatin or Alondite. Destiny, Caliburn, Gwen and Excaliburn are all fine... though the last has the problem of "Too balanced" in a world of busted arms.

That's another thing with the Noble Knights, you have to master the side deck.

The arms itself are defined by the meta since you should tailored them accordingly. Arfeudutyr puts a great work against Nutellas and BA, Gallatin is your best choice when facing Shadolls or Qliphs.

The fact the deck is balanced is what allows it to be so flexible and able to adopt different strategies according to your needs. That's something pretty rare on Yugioh since most decks just have one strategy available.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So is safe to assume they will rely on banishing?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hope none of you guys were looking forward for Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/621484253302292480

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And Lavalal Chain is forbidden :raise:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So how delusional I am by thinking this will stop the Tristula retrains?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

http://ygorganization.com/chaos-soldier-kourinseyo/

So the Dimension of Chaos spoilers in full for people interested

-So is finally confirmed that Gaia becomes BLS, uh?.

-A ritual summoned BLS with the Knights seems pretty insane but I don't think it would be worth the effort.

-Graydle are pretty much Aliens 2.0

I have my new deck :haw:

Kind of sucks that they didn't reworked Aliens instead tho.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

Greydles are "I sure hope you don't like that monster, because every one of my monsters is snatch steal as well."

I know, isn't fantastic? :allears:

Just imagine if they were reptiles.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

I don't think Konami remember reptiles at all now.

I'm pretty sure Greydles aren't reptiles for these cards

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Brain

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Offering_to_the_Snake_Deity

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

Reptiles will never get good support because this exists.

Dropping Vennominaga was always fun at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

I do not believe this is how YGOPro simulates this. EDIT: I'm not saying you're wrong. Just the program does it wrong.

I have to admit that I always used the Noble Arms re-equipping effect wrong before trying NK on YGOPro. I was under the impression that the arms didn't activate if the equipped monster was used for Synchro/XYZ/Tribute summon. Turns out I was wrong.

I've never been so grateful of being wrong before :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:drat:

quote:

This holiday season Yu-Gi-Oh! fans can re-live the entire history of the original Duelist! King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks contains three different Decks used by the “King of Games” himself, plus several unique, collectible foil cards, all in one magnificent set!

Each box set includes:

41-card Deck used by Yugi in the the first season of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, including his initial Duel with Seto Kaiba and his adventures in Duelist Kingdom.
41-card Deck inspired by Yugi’s Duels in the Battle City story arc from the second and third seasons of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, featuring – at long last – Arkana’s long-awaited “red” Dark Magician!
41-card Deck used by Yugi as he battled The Pharaoh himself in the final Duel of the original series, focused on “Gadget” monsters and the “Silent” series of “LV” monsters.
3 brand new Secret Rare cards: Electromagnetic Turtle, Dark Renewal, and Black Illusion.
3 Ultra Rare collectible (non-playable) historical cards celebrating the Duelist Kingdom storyline, including Glory of the King’s Hand, Set Sail for The Kingdom, and the Duelist Kingdom itself.
3 Ultra Rare collectible (non-playable) Egyptian God Cards: Slifer the Sky Dragon, Obelisk the Tormentor, and The Winged Dragon of Ra.
1 Ultra Rare “Yugi” Token Card.
Players can re-live the memorable Duelist Kingdom and Battle City storylines with the Decks that Yugi used to defeat his rivals, rescue his Grandpa from Pegasus, protect the Pharaoh’s legacy, and save the entire world from the maniacal menace of Marik! Filled with iconic cards such as Black Luster Solider, all five pieces of Exodia, the Forbidden One, Valkyrion the Magna Warrior, and the special, long-awaited Arkana-style Dark Magician, Duelists new and old can finally call these Decks their very own with King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks!

Each King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks collection contains:

3 x 41-card Decks. Each Deck contains 36 Commons and 5 Ultra Rares.
3 Secret Rares
3 Ultra Rare collectible historical cards
3 Ultra Rare collectible Egyptian God Cards
1 Ultra Rare Token Card

Product Title:
King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks
Product Type:
Collector’s Set
Launch Date:
11/13/2015
Konami Tournament

Legal Date:
11/13/2015
MSRP:
$29.99 per set

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/products/king_of_games.html

That's a lot of stuff for 30 bucks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Talow posted:

I just discovered this exists. I know it's not practical in the slightest, but something about "both players reveal their entire main deck" is just silly to me.

These days that card is nearly useless but back in the Chaos era (when flip monsters ran rampant) it was one of the best techs in the game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If anyone was curious, this is the Ban List for the World Championship

http://roadoftheking.com/yu-gi-oh-world-championship-2015-forbidden-and-limited-list

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

That's right there in the rulebook, I'm pretty sure. Synchro/Fusion/Ritual/Xyz monsters can't be special summoned from the Grave or Banished zones unless they've been properly summoned by their summon method first.

A LOT of things in the game would be better understood by people if they actually read the rulebook.

Isn't that the reason they changed the effects' wording as well? Every monster these days has a clause saying when it can be SS and how.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And everything points out to Black Stone of Legend as secret rare. Guess I won't be making a Red Eyes deck after all

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

We have five of the eight Secret Rares in CORE revealed: Black Stone of Legend, Archfiend Eccentrick, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, Mistaken Arrest. As one of my friends put it, Konami is getting aggressive with these.

It makes me glad I don't buy real cards.

No Kozmo cards?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I believe that Nekroz is the opponent's

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

12 snatch steals is more degenerate than most things.

To be fair, they are quite vulnerable to vanishing and can't do poo poo against that new spellcaster/wind archetype.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

My italian's rusty, but
"You can special summon this card to your opponent's field in attack position by tributing one monster he controls. You can remove 3 Kaiju cards from the field to destroy all your opponent's monsters. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. "

Something to that effect.

HOLY poo poo

And just like that, I have new favorite archetype

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
(Doragon, the Kaiju Mad Flame)
Level 8 FIRE Dinosaur-Type Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 1200
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to the opponent’s side of the field in Attack Position tributing 1 monster they control. If your opponent controls a “Kaiju” monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. You can only control 1 “Kaiju” monster. Once per turn: you can remove 3 Kaiju counters on your side of the field; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack during the turn in which you activate this effect.

:allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kumongous, il Kaiju Filo Appiccicoso (Kumongous the Sticky Thread Kaiju)
Level 7 EARTH Insect-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2500
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to the opponent’s side of the field in Attack Position tributing 1 monster they control. If your opponent controls a “Kaiju” monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. You can only control 1 “Kaiju” monster. When the opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s): you can remove 2 Kaiju counters from your side of the field; until the end of the next turn, those monsters cannot attack and their effects are negated.

Kyoutou Lungomare (Kyoutou Seafront/Promenade)
Field Spell Card
Each time a card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, place a Kaiju counter on this card (max 5). Once Per Turn: You can remove 3 Kaiju Counters from this card; add a “Kaiju” monster from deck to hand. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove a Kaiju counter from this card instead.

:swoon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

One is far more lopsided. Like I'll bring up the tag tournament again, it was the last tournment we did. The idea was that each team would pick 1 Extra Deck summoning method, Pendulum, Synchro, Xyz, Fusion, and build a deck for it exclusively with none of the other types, with the rogue tribute deck.

Everyone else built an individual deck, and they didn't do all that well but like Team Synchro was really well together. Team Tribute chose a different strategy. Team Tribute decided to just run the exact same deck list pack it full of stun cards so nobody could play anything. Team Synchro still managed to beat them, and eventually won the tournament, but after the disaster of the draft, going into a stream to sit down and watch two players who just desperatly hate everything going on and everyone just agreeing, "Oh god this is awful."

It's easy to see why a lot were discouraged on tournaments.

We could always try one again, but it'd have to be way better organized.

The problem is that by inception those tournaments were gimmicky as hell and limited a lot of the usual deck building ideas one would normally use. A regular torunament has a better chance to be entertaining since everyone would be able to build whatever deck they want. Yes, there are decks with a significative advantage over other but that is something you will find on real life tournaments as well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

We could do archetype decks, as in, you can only use on-archetype cards, with maybe 3 names for non-archetype cards, so you can run poo poo like MST and CotH.

That would be interesting although I don't know if limiting non-archetype cards would be enough to keep Nekroz, BA, Shaddolls and Qliphorts from steamrolling everyone.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dabir posted:

I dunno, it can be nice to go back to that frozen moment in time once in a while. Never felt like heading back to a time before Xyz and playing WC 2011? Or hell, a time before Synchros in WC2006?

WC2006 was what got me back into the game after nearly a decade of not playing it. Good times :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Boy I was trying to build a Toon and a Red-Eyes deck but the prices are INSANE at my locals. Toon Kingdom and Mimicat at 20 bucks each, Red Stone of Legend 50...ouch.

I better sold the small skeleton I had for both decks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For anyone interested, This guy has really good quality version of all the cards on Dimension of Chaos

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My locals are such bullshit. Getting all the Kaiju cards was easy enough and pretty cheap but getting Owner's Seal or Remove Brainwashing? Few people had them and most of them wanted around 8-9 bucks a pop.

Assholes :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dabir posted:

Er, yes, I get that. I'm saying the quality of the art is bad.

Ring of Destruction comes from the time when Konami didn't gave a gently caress for the art on the cards. A lot of classic cards have very low quality art on them.

The card game started getting some pretty neat art around the time the Envoys hit and has been improved over the time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RatHat posted:

Haha I can't believe Yu-Jo Friendship is a legal card.

Actually isn't legal. The regulations say that for a card to be legal it has to be widely available for all regions and Yu-Jo Friendship is only available on the US.

That's why a lot of Shonen Jump cards are reprinted on Legendary Collection, Premium Pack and the sort.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna be very surprised if Konami doesn't errata'd one of those effects to avoid the loop. They don't like endless loops at all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Julias posted:

Because the TCG is bad with card names.

Here is a thread complaining all about it.

For Examle, Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss was tranlated litterally into Spanish and Portuguese as Virgil, Rock(Stone) Star(Sun) of the Burning Abyss :eng99:

"Estrella de Rock" is the correct spanish translation, they did mess up the portuguese trasnaltion though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

Galaxy Cyclone is the only card I'd say is replaceable. Ignore the extra deck. I've seen some play without Owner's Seal but since putting Sticky String on your field in this meta tends to be game-ending I don't feel it's worth it. The core is very efficient and is more likely to brick due to your opponent not playing a monster/having more than 1 MST than it is due to a bad opening hand.

Have you tried Kaiser Colosseum? Seems tailor-made for the Kaiju

• Locked thread