Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I stopped playing when synchro monsters because I was fed up with needless mechanics in the game. I'm guessing it's the same for XYZ and pendulum?

I used to play Macro Monarchs, man that was a sweet deck. Playing 3 copies of soul absorption and cosmos when MST was restricted to 1 and heavy storm was either on 1 too was so fun. Now I never have that kind of YGO fun again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Onmi posted:

Good news for you Samael.

There is a lot of monarch/Tribute support, and it stops Extra Deck from working, so you don't have to play them.

Sweeeet. Is there a list anywhere I can work off on? This might get me making a casual YGO deck again.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So Yu-gi-goons, I have started playing this silly and broken game after seeing monarchs are in a structure deck and got a lot of new support, since back in the day all I did was jam the frog and macro monarchs and hell of a good time. Now, I purchased 3 of the decks and got a couple of singles (Caius and Thestalos Mega-Monarch dudes, Kuraz, ROTA) but not sure what other singles I need to pad the deck out with. Have you goons got any words of wisdom?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Vanity's Emptiness is basically mandatory in the current meta. You should also get some Twin Twisters, as one of the best decks in the format right now is a Pendulum deck. I also like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning in Monarchs, since a well-built Monarch deck is gonna be mostly Light and Dark.

Wouldn't Vanity's Fiend be arguably better in a deck with 3 copies of Edea and Eidos and a ton of ways to get tribute fusion fodder? Black Luster Soldier seems interesting, that card is actually legal now? Oh, how the power level of YGO has changed.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Koguma posted:

it still kinda searches three different archetypes which is really dumb

list made me literally laugh at someone today who spent 1k$+ on PePe a week or so ago.

I was going to ask how monarchs beat PePe but oh look I don't need to know that anymore :v:

• Locked thread