Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dexie posted:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrant's_Throes

This is godly for Normal Pendulums.

It's the natural growth that most card games go through. They add more and more crazy things as time goes on. Magic and Pokemon the TCG are both the same.

Xyz are fairly simple though. What's are you finding dense about them?

Possibly something to do with the Xyz materials not being on the field but also not being not on the field for effects that say "when <> leaves the field"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stratos is a floater because even if it's destroyed, just summoning it gave you a replacement. All Gadgets are floaters. All Yang Zings are floaters. Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion is a floater. Gear Gigant X is a floater. Essentially, if you wouldn't mind losing it because it's done its job, it's floating.

And if that job wasn't gaining you card advantage, you're probably building your deck wrong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah and Blue-Eyes White Dragon dies to Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No objections, looks like. Get in the chat!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pendulum spellcasters are disgusting. Majispecters / Spellbooks / Dragodeus / Eccentric Archfiend made mincemeat out of me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nope, not a one. That's something that demands its own deck I think, they wouldn't have done much for this guy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I do hope the tradition of giving every archetype one normal monster is coming back. (Zure and Renge of Dark World, Gladiator Beast Andal, etc, etc)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Today is a dark day.

TheDuelLogs finally ran out of puns.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Onmi posted:

The Duel Logs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?TheDuelLogs

This guy does multiple types of decks, from silly gimmick rarely going to work decks to on-theme decks to just new deck types. It's always fun to see a new combination.

He had a pun on every video, and now he's run out.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Transmodify was a rare and a structure deck common. Secret rare, hope you like warped cards that look poo poo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Which is "not".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slur posted:

The problem with the video games is that they stop after a certain set and then move on. It's why I never play older Yugioh games.

I dunno, it can be nice to go back to that frozen moment in time once in a while. Never felt like heading back to a time before Xyz and playing WC 2011? Or hell, a time before Synchros in WC2006?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slur posted:

It's never nice to go back to a format unless it's goat control or HAT.

Oh right, you're broken, now I remember.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

This was back in PS1 times when grinding wasn't neccesarily a bad thing.

Pretty sure it was always a bad thing, people were just more inclined to be morons about it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guys.

Symphonic Warrior Gustos are pretty good.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

3 guitaars 3 miccs 3 sizzers, 2 of each tuner symphonic, 3 griffin, 3 pilica, 2-3 risebell the summoner, build as you like from there. Remember plenty of wind synchros in the extra deck, at least one for each level. Definitely daigusto sphreeze. Also that rank 3 levia-thing. Still not happy with my own deck tbh.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You shouldn't have any trouble getting Piaano out of the deck though, and you only need one in the graveyard to make Leviair with Guitaars or Pilica.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Does anyone have a use for Destiny Hero - Departed? I've always wondered what the hell it's good for.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like Mecha Phantom Beasts and they're fairly cheap. The most expensive part of any deck is gonna be the extra deck, really.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If your friends are good people, Shadolls will upset them.

But one's playing Nekroz so maybe they aren't.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Which one was that?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dexie posted:

The first set in series 9. Introduced Nutellas, Yang Zing, Shadolls, Superheavy Samurai, Performapals, Melodious, Ultra Athletes, Burning Abyss, and Lovecrafts to the game.

But at least half of those things are cool.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

If you'd truly build a focused deck then it'd always end up being some boring FTK deck. The beatiful thing is, Chicken Race doesn't even need a deck built around it, you can slip it into anything as long as terraforming is a natural part of that deck. Case and point:

It's case IN point!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dammit half the Symphonic Warriors are OCG exclusives.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fuckers. Why would they do that?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What is up with Ring of Destruction's art? The design is pretty cool (well, the TCG design is) but the ring looks like it was drawn by an 8 year old.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Er, yes, I get that. I'm saying the quality of the art is bad.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shaddoll Fusion works from your Deck, El-Shaddoll Fusion is quick-play so it's also protection from removal, extra attacks in the battle phase, all that good stuff. Nephe is as slow as Shaddoll but with the resource-intensiveness of El-Shaddoll and vulnerable to MST besides. Shaddolls are good enough that they don't need it.

Wendigo is essentially a slightly shittier Construct which uses a worse attribute.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why is it not constellarknight

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So there's Better MST, Better Shrink, Better Book of Moon and Chainable Better Destiny Draw. Trebles all-round.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's Dust Tornado and Galaxy Cyclone.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yaaaaay.

E: Storm exists. But you kind of have to build your deck around that, plenty of backrow that wants to be destroyed like Dark Coffin and Statue of the Wicked, or stuff you can chain easily.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 15, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The playmat I ordered a few days ago arrived this morning.

Dang that looks pretty sweet.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 18, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bad? That diagram's completely unreadable.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Almost every top 32 deck at YCS Rimmini was Nekroz Clowns.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like Vanity's Fiend.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's a rabbit so it must be Inaba White Rabbit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The only truly dire Yugioh metas are ones where the person who goes first plays solitaire for five or ten minutes then either wins or surrenders without you playing a single card. Like when Frog FTK was a thing, or if Magical Explosion or Exodia were meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Way back when, Gorz the Emissary of Darkness was actually Limited before it was even released.

• Locked thread