Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Onmi posted:

You cannot play a monster in face up defense position, or face down attack position.

Onmi, you forgot one thing

There are always exceptions to every rule in yugioh. What cards say always go, no matter what the rules say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

why do Yugioh players always post blurry unreadable images instead of decklists

Because the assumption is that players should be sight familiar with 90% of cards. It's a little silly, but so it goes.

For normal pendulums, you're going to want to run a few dragon's mirror and first of the dragons. Beyond that, Heart of the underdog is a good card, as is Rescue Rabbit. Make sure to fill your extra with good stuff.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Skill Drain is a must, since it does not hurt you but can severely hamper your opponent.

Skill drain is terrible here. It shuts off all of your extra deck goodness, and does nothing to keep your opponent from summoning big guys to run roughshod all over you. It also turns off first of the dragons, which is basically an autowin against nekroz since they rely heavily on monster based removal.

Tyrant's Throes, on the other hand, completely shuts down effect monsters, and since no one runs normal monsters, it becomes hope you have flip effects/MST/negation, or lose horribly. Coupled with the fact that tributed pendulum monsters can come right back from the extra, you've got a recipe for goodstuff.

The essential difference is that one doesn't stop summons, and the other does.

Consider the following matchup: You're playing normal pendulums, and you know your opponent is playing shaddolls. You've got Skill drain up. You summon out your biggest monster, and then, next turn, the activate shaddoll fusion and dump dragon to pop your skill drain, then construct runs over you. They don't even have to have dragon in hand, because pendulums from the extra fufill shaddoll fusion's conditions for dumping from deck. Plus, it's searchable by hedgehog on being sent to grave by an effect.

Same situation, but with throes up. They're going to have to use foolish, or shadow games to send dragon, neither of which is searchable, or draw into MST, if they even run it. Throes completely shuts down all the fusions. If they set dragon, and bounce throes, you've got pendulum normals in extra that you can tribute during next turn's DP after you re-set your throes.

This is just against shaddolls, other top decks also have bigger monsters than you can summon easily, like acid golem in BAs, and decisive arms in nekroz.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 6, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I think that there's also the fact that if you've got a card that others don't recognize, they're going to ask you about it, and you can explain why it's good/not good in the deck.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You know who's fault the extra limit is?

It's HERO's fault that the extra is at 15. If it wasn't, then HEROs could run three of every single fusion monster they have with no repercussions.
Or at least, that's how it was when it was originally limited. Nowadays, there's too much degenerate poo poo out there to make it bigger than maybe 20 at the outside.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Tyrant's Throes does look wonderfully oppressive, I remember how miserable anti-summoning floodgates can be. Is Rescue Rabbit->those rank 4 dinosaurs still a good enough thing to be doing? They seem good if the gameplan is to try and lock the opponent out. Also is Heart of the Underdog actually fast enough to work in the current game?

Yes, Yes, yes. Heart of the underdog is incredible MST bait as well, and if they're MSTing your heart, they're not hitting your scales. It's not as fast as something like upstart or chicken race, but if you're playing normal pendulums, you're likely going to be drawing a lot of cards every turn, which you can then vomit on to the field.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Rank 4 spam is meta as gently caress and you should always do it if you want to win.

Fixed.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Onmi posted:

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon - That Boss monster is SUPER strong. so I'll take half its attack and add it to my own.
Ragnazero - I can't deal with all your pump. Except by saccing your monster even on your turn.
Daigusto Emeral - "I return 3 Normal Monsters from my gave to my deck and draw a card." Alternatively "I just straight up revive a normal monster."
Heartlandraco - Similar vein to Cowboy. "Okay you have 2000 LP left and a wall of monsters. Heartlandraco I attack you directly for 2000 I win."

Ehhhhhhh. DRXD isn't that great, because most people aren't going to leave big things on field to get hit. Ragna isn't that good this format, but was baller as gently caress when fire fists were everywhere. Daigusto is useful, but when extra space is tight, he's one of the first to go. Heartland is good in some situations, but in general, he's going to get passed up.

Current gud R4s are Utopia>Utopia the lightning, who can punch with 5k against monsters, and is armades, and is generic; and ptol>Cyber Dragon Nova > Cyber dragon infinity. To think of infinity, think what would happen if SHDark could also negate any effect once per turn by detaching, but in exchange it can only eat attack position monsters, even if they were normal summoned.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'd argue that lightning is better than any two from those four I quoted. My traditional go-to staples are cowboy, castel, exciton, and 39>lightning, as well as whatever else my deck tries to do. Burn for game, spot removal, clutch fieldwide removal, and running over big poo poo.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

He's playing normal pendulums. He can poo poo two dinos onto the field easy with the power of pendulums.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Monsters (25):
3 Dragoons of Draconia
3 Igknight Musket
3 Igknight Dragnov
1 Flash Knight
3 Dragon Horn Hunter
3 Lancephorhynchus
3 Sabersaurus
3 Kabazauls
2 Frostosaurus
1 Rescue Rabbit

Spells (13):
3 Summoner's Art
3 Fossil Dig
3 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Fire Formation - Tenki
2 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Dragon's Mirror

Traps (2):
2 Royal Decree

Extra Deck (15):
1 First of the Dragons
2 Evolzar Laggia
1 Evolzar Dolkka
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
1 Planetellarknight Ptolemaios
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Evolzar Solda
1 Gauntlet Shooter
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Number 39: Utopia Beyond

Igknights on their own are kinda meh, outside a pure igknight deck.
Double up on first of the dragons, consider running http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Faustian_Bargain.
Two gene warped werewolf makes tiger king which searches tenki, as well as being negation.
Also for consideration, try sticking in Eccentric Archfiend for backrow removal and recurring monster removal.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Why would you run warrior lady of the wasteland over assault halberd in U.A.s?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Discard one card. Receive a level 1-3 tuner or a level 4.
The level 1 increases a symphonic's level by the number of cards in your hand
The level 2 changes a symphonic's attribute
The level 3 tuner changes a symphonic's type
The level 3 pendulum SS's a symphonic from grave on NS. It's also a scale 7 if you're into the whole pendulum summoning gimmick.
The level 4 is a flip monster that searches any symphonic from deck, and can copy any other symphonic's effect and name onto itself.
The level 4 can banish itself from the grave to SS a differently named banished symphonic.
The 1-3 tuners can banish themselves from grave to do their effect on a symphonic on field.

Now go forth and synchro summon.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 13, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

All wind, all machines. At least, they start that way.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Don't worry, nothing is as xenophobic as Qlis. Guitaars is good even without another scale, since he's a spell card that doesn't take up space.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh, and it's brick proof. If you've got the wrong monsters, the field fixes that.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

We know three psyframe cards. All we need is a good one for alpha to add that lets you synchro during your opponent's turn, and you've got a great disruption engine.
You also only have to run one driver, since alpha can SS it from anywhere.
Psychics are loving cool and I want more of them.

Also, psyframes introduce the first completely normal monster psychic. Risebell was the first psychic normal monster, but he was also a pendulum. Really wish there was a psychic pendulum tuner that could only be used as material if the others were psychics.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

:eng101: Technically dragon rulers were a series, not an archetype.

E-Drags were some of the best attribute support around. If your deck wanted poo poo in grave, you stuck in some of your attribute e-drags for their discard effect. You wanted to banish your poo poo, e-drags.
The only problem was, e-drags were better support for themselves than for anything else. They searched themselves, they summoned themselves, they did stupid poo poo from hand, they were the nuts. I miss them more than you can imagine.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

To give you some idea, this was actually consistent, and could plonk down poo poo every turn. It's nothing but 55 dragons.

I miss e-drags so much.

e: Actually, this one was never legal. Dank matter didn't come out till long after e-drags were at 1.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 15, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Lightsworns are great.

But more important than that is the fact that
DOCS JUST DROPPED

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Rank 4 any trap hole and it's generic. You don't even have to draw your trap cards any more.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh no, I drew a trap hole, what ever shall I do? No possible way I could actually set Bottomless, Spacetime, void, or traptrix nightmare, then I might have to worry. Rank 4 is a blight upon the game.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Normal monster bujin means you can rescue rabbit into susanowo.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Blood mefist for one.

Dabir posted:

I do hope the tradition of giving every archetype one normal monster is coming back. (Zure and Renge of Dark World, Gladiator Beast Andal, etc, etc)

And with normal pendulums, they can actually do something, instead of being booster filler that no one runs.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 16, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Trish is free.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Lavalval chain dead finally kills infernities. It also heads off clownblade before it can be a thing over here.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

He sent everything to the grave. Now konami has sent him to his grave. #RIPchain

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Actually, Nekroz trish is more restrictive than trish. Nekroz needs to banish 3, synchro can choose to banish 1, 2, or 3. No field? Trish their hand and grave, ditto for no hand or no grave.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Let's play the "synchro trish five times turn one" game!

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Ptol is for XYZ. Maybe zephy, since he bounces poo poo back to SS himself from grave.

e: hurr, M7, not ptolmaeus. I've never heard him called anything other than M7.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Even resolving trish twice is nice. Opponent set 2, and I opened two e-tele, a tuner, and de-synchro.
I really wish psychics were better. Waiting for more PSYframe spoilers is suffering.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I believe all the Hot RDA are manga things, but of course Jack's going to use scar right again, it's even in the OP. Scar Right is probably his Arc-V ace.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

At least Crow didn't show up again.
OH WAIT.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'd wait on seeing the rest of the HSR support before making claims that it's t2.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

And madolches will get pendulum support. It's nice to dream sometimes.

Scar right is better than either of the other RDAs, and having it's name means that the original is basically useless. The resonators are interesting though. They've got some pretty bonkers support in the form of resonator call and resonator engine. The former adds any resonator monster from deck to hand, and the latter searches every single level 4 maindeck monster in the game.

RDA may or may not see play, depending on how easy it becomes to get him out turn 1, but red and synchron resonator will probably see some play.

I'm not exaggerating about the "every single" part either.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Wait they did?
Eccentric and dragodeus for the scales?

E: Found it. Holy jeez that's YOLO. OCG players do not gently caress around.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 20, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Why would you ever want raff to exist?

Bonus silliness! You can't use lance to protect against raff's dump because it copies the effect onto her! You can't BTS her because she's unaffected by traps!

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Forbidden chalice springs to mind, and that's spell speed 2 so you can use it to respond to the effect.
Other than that, Good luck.

Veiler says "During your opponent's main phase:" which means it's useless for when they BTH on your turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Denko is our savior from set 5.

• Locked thread