Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I haven't played YGO in a while. University's kept me busy and I haven't even started on my worst idea (a Yuma deck. As in, not a deck made of Yuma's cards, a deck centered exclusively on cards that show Yuma himself. Namely, Hope Zexal, the Winning Formula/Creator of Hope/Creator of Miracles trio, Kattobingu Challenge). Also I want to remake Superheavy Samurai (because I deleted my old deck by mistake and either way there's new support and my deck wasn't very good) and Red-Eyes (because there's a lot more of support and I still love that thing), but ugh, lots of stuff to do and I'm bad at deck building.

Also for anyone scared of the new summon methods, Pendulum is basically the best because it allows you to swarm like hell. Xyz is really easy, but Rank 4 spam is terrible and you should never do it if you have any self-respect. Synchro is the manliest summon method, but I'm bad at it, I could never be like my role models Jack Atlas and the man Gongenzaka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

you have betrayed your roots as a member of Team Fusion. Please subject yourself to Frightfur based torture.

I'm sorry! I play Gem-Knights, I love Gem-Knights, I'm still part of the Fusion Dimension I swear! Please don't turn me into a card or subject me to freaky demon toys.

And my Red-Eyes deck is based on Fusion far more than Xyz! And...and...okay I've got nothing for Superheavy, I just like the man Gon-chan. I think that's acceptable!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi, it may be a good idea to add this image to the first post. It's good advice from the King of Games himself.

Remember kids, don't get overconfident when you win, because Atem will loving kill you!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

You've got a softlock for Speedroids with that card and Synchro Dragon.

EDIT: :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQob4KbVTU

That line of Red Demon's. So beautiful. I don't think I've seen something as beautiful before.

The king would be proud.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

TCGs by their very nature are lovely f2p games.

As far as I know TCGs by their very nature are lovely games, that you play, but are most definitely the exact opposite of free. In fact, they get really loving expensive.

Thank god for YGOpro and Devpro and all the sims.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know, if you're going to reference a card's text, you might want to timg them instead of showing extremely small, unreadable images. Like I had to seriously strain my eyes to see Trish's summoning requirements there, and just searched it on YGOwiki to read its effect.

Also that was an insane combo. I'm not sure if I'm glad Trishula is back. On the one hand, the Nekroz got weakened so at least its Nekroz form (which I've learned to hate alongside the entire archetype) won't be as prevalent but...that just means that the Synchro version will be instead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

Accept no substitute! :argh:

Anyone got the deck-list on that pendulum heroes build? Never heard of that before.

Ooooh, I'd love this one too! That sounds fun as hell. Far more fun than the last time I tried using HEROes, at least, though as most people here know, that isn't really hard...

Also I don't get why Stratos is still banned.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, the Arc-V manga looks like it'll be really weird. Too bad it'll never get translated and put on the internet.

Even Reiji's surprised!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Baal posted:

Why is Red Dragon's name so loving rad in spanish and so lovely in english

god dammit

That card is Italian, though. Unless you found the Spanish name elsewhere, YGO wiki doesn't seem to have it, at least for Scarlight.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"The ATK and DEF of this card are all equal to half those of 2 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" added up, as well as the same as a single "Blue-Eyes White Dragon""

Seriously, YGO wiki? Seriously?

Also I can't wait to see how Kaiba.dek ends up. I love the support to old cards so much, it triggers my nostalgia intensely in a good way. It'd be a bad way if I actually bought this poo poo though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's the last Numbers Shark gets in the manga, Numbers 37: Hope Woven Dragon - Spider Shark.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Silento posted:

Dark Paladin retrain when?

Actually, who cares. Scar-Red Nova Dragon retrain when???

Soon, probably. There's no way in hell Jack isn't getting something beyond Red Demon's Dragon Scar-right. Especially considering how Crow got a bunch of Synchros.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nirvana High Paladin looks far too good. Level 10 Synchro would be hard to summon...but by its own effect you can use any Pendulum Summoned Pendulum Monster as a Tuner, and it has the most generic Synchro materials possible: "1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters". That's a very easy 3300 attack monster, and by its own effect, each time it destroys a monster, that's half of the opponent's LP gone not counting possible battle damage. And when it is destroyed, you get an easy 8-scale with a good Pendulum Effect.

The only bad thing I can see about it is that you'd need an 11-scale to Pendulum Summon it, which I don't think is possible at all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why would you negate your own Pendulum Summon? Sending all of the cards back to your deck, at that, instead of the much easier Extra Deck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, considering the anime's back at Heartland, I can't think of a better moment to fill those blank Number slots. We're still lacking 24, 26, 27, 29, 41, 51, 59, 60, 67, 68, 71, 75, 76, 78, 89, 90, 97 and 98; plus 01 to 04 at least have not been released in real life (with 05 only getting a Chaos version, but I doubt we'll ever get Death Chimaera Dragon).

I wonder if any of those will appear in the anime. We do have Kaito back, after all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

I feel like the straight up anime bullshit levels of the D/D combo's have reached a new level with Savant Thomas and god do I love it. :allears:

EDIT:

BM.dek

You may want to explain this to us people who haven't played D/Ds because we don't own scarves that can defy gravity.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_S8NjPEXk

Just in case you guys needed a reminder.

I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand, what does Pot of Greed do again?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I haven't played Red-Eyes in a while, I can't find any Red-Eyes decks online, and I'm terrible at making decks. Help.

Blue-Eyes is so much better but man, I like my pal Red-Eyes and I think he deserves to be used. Besides, just burning the opponent's LP is the most fun way to play.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Looks fun, I'll give it a try too. I like dumb gimmicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_4CyKzEXXo

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Generic Octopus posted:

I've been having a lot of fun & success with Cyber Dragons + ABCs. An effect immune Infinity is neat.

Well that's my story thanks for reading.

This honestly sounds super fun to play and if you're willing to post a decklist I'd use it.

Cyber Dragon was the deck that got me back in the game after leaving it for years (before Synchros were a thing, even) so I have a spot in my heart entirely for them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

Eh. It doesn't work for me because it's missing the Joey and his dragon.

I'm not entirely sure how you'd make Hermos work there. Both Timaeus and Critias appear in fused forms, but all of Hermos' fused forms are weapons, so it'd just look awkward. Although the Time Magic Hammer would look hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad to live in a world that proves that Kaiba was absolutely right in believing Blue-Eyes White Dragon is incredibly powerful.

Now I only wish the same could be said of its counterpart, poor Red-Eyes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Eric Stuart is having the time of his life voicing Kaiba, I love watching him. Dan Green is amazing too, as usual.

9999 attack points was just the greatest thing ever too. That's some precise calculations there for a stylish finish, Yugi.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That new Odd-Eyes looks really hosed up. I'm guessing it'll be brought forth by Berserk Yuya after a pretty bad moment, alongside Yuto inside him seeing as how it is a Xyz Pendulum.

Ritual Spirit is a really weird idea. I was fully expecting the Ritual Spell to come back to your hand (with a cost), thus creating a loop of sorts (summon Hikokujaku -> leaves Esprit Tokens -> tribute Tokens for Ritual, since they're level 4s) but nope, you better get more copies. Bouncing three monsters is neat as hell though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rather than Tenki, what should get hit is Molmorat if you want to stop Zoodiacs as they are. Molmorat gives stupidly good play strings that are blatantly unfair.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't want to make any judgements on how this will affect things but holy poo poo Konami, you can't just randomly change rules this hard. It may make the game more fun, it may not, but you can't just randomly change things like this in an already-established game.

I think I understand mostly how the new rules work, what confuses me is how they thought this was a good idea.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Captain Baal posted:

I stopped playing locals a while ago because I just can't afford to keep getting new decks, but I always like seeing how the meta changes or going on Devpro and messing around with poo poo. This is not a change I care for as someone who likes his dumb boss monsters and the ability to toss out extra deck like crazy. Like I get wanting to not make the extra deck as much of a monster as it is, but this just sounds like the want to center the game around the new card type they made with obtuse mechanics and slowing the game down horribly.

I don't want to give a complaint before the thing is out (as I said before, my main complaint is with changing everything in an already-established game, not the actual changes themselves) but this genuinely irks me. The new mechanics basically force you to play Link Monsters if you want to actually use your Extra Deck, otherwise you get one Extra Monster and that's it. Nothing more.

I'm not even sure how this is meant to work with Synchro decks that want to use Synchro Tuners, since now you forcefully have to have Linked zones for that. It doesn't seem very well thought-out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Charles Bukowski posted:

Thats pretty weak compared to the recent OCG banlist, isn't it?

The OCG made sure to kill Zoodiacs, to the point of severe overkill (just limiting Ratpier would've been enough). The TCG...lightly tapped them in the shoulder.

But hey, Stratos is still banned, that's what matters, wouldn't want such an overcentralizing and broken card in the game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So the Japanese branch decided to just change all the rules all of a sudden, and the English branch just made cards impossible to read.

Konami really just wants to end the franchise, don't they?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Very important information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think any of the Link counterparts is going to surpass Mastar Boy in quality though.

I mean look at that artwork. He looks hilarious. Mastar Boy is such a silly name too. I love this card.

• Locked thread