Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My coworkers got me into this a couple of months ago. I have a chaos dragon deck and a melodious diva deck. I routinely lose to my friends monarch decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
One friend only has the Monarch and he's playing Magic with us right now, right sick of Monarchs. The other guy has 8 decks right now and they're all pretty scary. :P

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We got a new friend playing with us tonight, he has a black wing deck. He stomped a few of us, I got a lucky break with chaos dragons and managed to get 5 things out on the field at once to hit him for exactly the amount of LP he had left. Felt pretty good. :D

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My chaos dragons just beat my friends Six Samurai deck tonight, it was a good match. Castel's 1 xyz mat ability is really great, pretty much won me the game.

Question: Felis the Lightsworn Archer, can she be tributed to destroy an opponents monster on your opponents turn, or just your own turn? Also, my friend has a six samurai trap that negates the destruction of a six samurai via effect and destroys the card activating the effect. If I was to banish the card instead of destroying it with an effect, would that still count? Does banish = destruction in this case?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Had my buddy's buster blader deck completely stalled with my Diva's until he remembered his BB fusion big bad has piercing damage and I was fresh outta traps and Honests. I need to focus on his buster dragon asap next game. That card is annoying. GG though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Got bored, bought another deck. Got a complete king focused Noble Knights deck for $75 bucks, and bought all the singles for a Knights of the Round focused Noble Knights deck too so I can swap back and forth. Seems like a fun deck!

VVV Yaaaay!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 21, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My friend bought the new Blue Eyes meta and I am getting goddamn owned by it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Red eyes darkness metal dragon is still great and used in the meta.

Just to reiterate, new blue eyes w/ felgrand support is very very hard to beat. :(

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 29, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Noble Knight deck came in, King focused. It is indeed a fun deck. I even beat my buddy's new blue eyes deck (when he drew the most useless opening hand he'd ever seen) and my other buddy's blackwing deck which is nearly as annoying. I have the Knights of the Round variant ordered so I can play both styles :)

I also ordered some lightsworn cards to turn my chaos dragons into chaos lightsworns for fun. Almost ordered a burning abyss deck to play those and also chaos burning abyss. So many chaos variants! I think I spent $200 on cards this month :P

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought a few cheap decks off of ebay. Kaiju + graydles, Ninjas, Battlin' Boxers and a vampire deck. These could be fun to flesh out and play with I think. I've noticed the decks people sell on ebay are usually pretty drat lovely though. The ones I bought were about even comparing the price of the auction to their dollar value on trollandtoad.com. A lot of them though are missing extra decks and the actual useful (and more expensive) cards from a deck. Like, put a real deck on there and price it properly and I'd buy it. So many people selling lovely bad decks to new players I guess. :(

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think I saw BLS in the new Dark Magician meta deck.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess they're going to leave blue eyes unchecked until next banlist? Kaiser Colosseum is forbidden now, I used that card in my Noble Knight deck. Darn.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Allure of darkness is no longer semi limited but I still don't think I'd run 3 in chaossworn dragons. Not sure. I took out all my dragons (red eyes darkness, lightpulsar, etc) for the moment to make it a proper lightsworn deck with judgement dragons, we'll see if that's any fun.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Kaiser is really hurting my NK deck, gotta think of some replacement cards again...

Right now I'm running:

Monsters:
1 Black Laundsallyn
3 Medraut
2 Borz
2 Gawayn
1 Eachtar
3 Merlin
1 Bedwyr
1 Chaos Sorc (Going to dump this for.. something)
1 Lady of the Lake
2 Brothers
1 Drystan
1 Gwalchavad
1 Gwenhyfar
2 Effect Veiler (Just swapped kaisers for these 2)

Spells:
2 Excaliburn
2 Caliburn
2 Gallatin
2 Arms of Destiny
2 Last Chapter
2 MST
1 Dark Hole
1 ROTH
1 Foolish Burial
1 Soul Charge

Traps:
1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Mirror Force (I don't have the other mirror forces)

Extra:
2 Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus
2 Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights
1 Excalibur
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Gandiva
1 Volcasaurus
1 Castel
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Constellar Omega
1 Heartlanddraco
1 Starliege Paladynamo
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Ignoble Knight of High Laundsallyn

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gold sarc is just good to bring exactly what you want into your hand while waiting a couple of turns for it, right? I always noticed it in zombie/vampire decks when I played the yugioh video games. I'm building a vampire deck, would 3 sarcs be a thing I would want too?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else got anything good from the Mega tins? I bought two for $46 Canadian, got about $95 American worth of rares and promos. I was hoping for a Crystal Wing, but I'll settle for two twin twisters, cyber dragon infinity, scarlight red dragon archfiend, and some other cool poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Quincytbb posted:

So I went to a nearby regional today. While I didnt perform spectacularly considering it was my first regional and I was playing far from meta it was still alot of fun. I think I placed something like 64th? It was a great learning experience and im looking forward to playing in the next one.

That's awesome man. What kind of deck did you play? I've never played in any tourney, just me and a few friends.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What happens when my friend plays Buster Dragon and I then play Zombie World?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

:sad:

If Erubus wasn't a thing, that card would have been a very good side deck card against Monarchs.

So busters effect is overwritten by zombie world?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Theres a tourney every Sunday at a local comic shop. I just work graveyard so its tough.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just made a diva deck and a superheavy samurai deck. Soon i'll be king of the old outdated decks.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Heck yeah, I hope I have fun with them then!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Blue eyes chaos max dragon is a dick!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hmm? Its got piercing and deals double damage. Pretty devastating. Can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Non targeting banish or bounce.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That is a good idea, thank you. Bad luck on my part that he's had defense mode targets every time he's summoned it. I guess I was asking for it when I used my superheavy samurais :P It seems so damned easy for him to ritual summon that fucker too.

e: Argh, I forgot I don't have Utopia the lightning. Got the OG, the rays and beyond.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 15, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Tellarknights have an xyz that when summoned creates a field wide non targeting bounce. That's all I can think of.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh cool, 3 charge of the light brigades and two envoys will be nice. Kinda wanted white stone on there but oh well, can't get everything.

E: oh, its ocg. I didnt notice. Welp. We play TCG ruleset.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 16, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

You know what?

When it's over and done with, I'm going to miss the Arc-V era of the game. I just hope whatever comes next can be this fun and interesting and varied.

What does this mean?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Alright, thanks. Why would this "era" end?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It never even occurred to me that the cards follow the anime. I haven't watched it since I was a kid. poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I hope this keeps going strong, I'm just getting back into this and its very fun to collect and figure out combos and play with my coworkers and friends. It is a bit of a money sink though, I did the math and I've spent a thousand dollars since May. My friend has spent $1600.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That sounds hecka cool, I love zombies and vampires! Konami please make new support for vampires. :(

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Finally went to my local Sunday tournament. Seemed like everyone I faced had the same uni zombie, mezuki, solitaire and Omega combo. One dude had 3 xyz Minervas. I don't mind telling you that my lightsworn deck did not win a single match yesterday.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Nope, they were real.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Guy I was playing against said $1500 a pop. I dont think people were allowed proxies in this tournament. Also whats OTS? We got a 3 card pack for participating. I got a shiny prime monarch and a dragon melody guitar dude that I gave to my friend as he plays monarchs and blue eyes.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ah, maybe I'll keep losing in this tourney for em. Tourney is $6 which gives you an OTS 3 card booster. Not bad?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What about that fusion card that banishes 4 monsters from the graveyard to fusion summon a dark type? Or maybe ancient gear box + machine duplication and one AG in hand or ss'd to the field?

e: Yeah its overload fusion.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 27, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I finally got my superheavy samurai deck going, its a lot of fun! I played it against my buddy's new deck last night to test it out. Sadly his new deck is kozmo so I got wrecked but oh well, SHS are cool as heck.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wolf train looks neat. I'd put in my SHS or Deskbot decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, my red dragon archfiend/resonator deck came in the mail. This deck looks really fun too!

• Locked thread