Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My Little Puni posted:

tried to extort money from the business by threatening to release them. To this day I'm not entirely sure the pictures even existed.

What a poorly thought-out plan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

.... Wow.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Xinlum posted:

Why was there a little kid in the kitchen?

Exactly. Portland is full of inattentive hippie parents that are totally down to let their kids wander around busy restaurants. It's loving ridiculous.

Psychobabble posted:

The better question is why you would be moving and discarding hot fryer oil.

Uhhh... because that's the reality of working in a busy, small restaurant? Do you have any idea how long it takes for a fryer's worth of oil to cool down to a "safe to move" temperature? Hint it's a lot longer than you have time to wait.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Radio Help posted:

Uhhh... because that's the reality of working in a busy, small restaurant? Do you have any idea how long it takes for a fryer's worth of oil to cool down to a "safe to move" temperature? Hint it's a lot longer than you have time to wait.

That's why you empty the fryer at the absolute end of the night and leave the oil to cool in a pot overnight so the openers can dispose of it safely. If your KM is ordering you to move cooking-temperature fryer oil more than a few feet, he's an rear end in a top hat - and if you agree to it, you're stupid and you deserve to be burned.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Mister Speaker posted:

That's why you empty the fryer at the absolute end of the night and leave the oil to cool in a pot overnight so the openers can dispose of it safely. If your KM is ordering you to move cooking-temperature fryer oil more than a few feet, he's an rear end in a top hat - and if you agree to it, you're stupid and you deserve to be burned.

Hahaha wow you're an rear end in a top hat.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"That's just the way it is in the industry, man."

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Radio Help posted:

Hahaha wow you're an rear end in a top hat.

He's not wrong, he's just an rear end in a top hat.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I would routinely dump hot oil at the convenience store. We were supposed to let the oil cool off before we changed it, but we were also supposed to have hot food in the deli 24/7, and I know which one I would be written up for first. I would try to wait for a slow period, usually around 2 am when the bar crowd had gone home and the breakfast crowd wasn't in yet, and I'd let the oil cool as much as possible before I dumped it. But there were nights where it just didn't slow down enough, and the food I cooked up in preparation for an oil change would last for a hour, tops, just enough time to dump 350 degree oil, scrub the pan, and heat fresh oil before I ran out of food.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

rndmnmbr posted:

I would routinely dump hot oil at the convenience store.

From what I've learned in this thread, your problem seems to be that you actually did it.

Just, don't do it. PRO TIP: Drunks, and people that buy gas station burritos at 4am do not care how clean the oil is.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Novum posted:

He's not wrong, he's just an rear end in a top hat.

No, he's definitely both, on top of being a sanctimonious prick.

sorry for the delayed response, telling my managers all the dangerous things in the kitchen that I now refuse to do took longer than I thought (did you know you can cut yourself with a knife???)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Sometimes, you just don't have time to do things by the book. Should you move a pot of hot oil? No, but sometimes, you have to. In a perfect world, nobody would have to cut corners like that, but we don't live there. I guess I should be thankful that at least some people have the luxury of telling their superiors they won't do this and that without getting sacked on the spot and being replaced by someone who will comply :shrug:

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Sometimes, you just don't have time to do things by the book. Should you move a pot of hot oil? No, but sometimes, you have to. In a perfect world, nobody would have to cut corners like that, but we don't live there. I guess I should be thankful that at least some people have the luxury of telling their superiors they won't do this and that without getting sacked on the spot and being replaced by someone who will comply :shrug:

Ive never worked food service before, so Im pretty naive when it comes to commercial kitchen stuff. Lets just say that OSHA was currently sitting in your kitchen so you need to follow all safety rules. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Just stop selling fried stuff for a day?

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Like Osha would literally ever do that.

Also you don't dump the whole fryer at once. You do to half drains to make it way easier to carry and dump.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The Pell posted:

Ive never worked food service before, so Im pretty naive when it comes to commercial kitchen stuff. Lets just say that OSHA was currently sitting in your kitchen so you need to follow all safety rules. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Just stop selling fried stuff for a day?

Pretty much.

If absolutely everyone followed hospitality/mining/drilling etc OSHA protocol for absolutely everything society would wind down and progress at 10% of it's usual speed.

I don't usually work food and safety but in the mining industry. Normally I follow about 80% for the rules because they are good and save lives and fingers but if I followed all of them it'd take me 50% longer to do my job which would mean my company would lose projects and I would lose jobs. It's the same in any industry that involves any sort of physical activity beyond sitting at a computer.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Pell posted:

What are you supposed to do in that situation? Just stop selling fried stuff for a day?

Like I said, you empty the fryer at the very end of the night and leave the oil in a pot so the morning guys can dispose of it safely. Xinlum is also right, emptying the fryer 1/2 at a time is also a much safer course of action than "crab-walking a 10-gallon pot" through a busy kitchen. This absolutely isn't some 'it's not a perfect world' bullshit, what Radio Help did was entirely avoidable (in fact, he would have saved time by not having to dump the oil) and he could have seriously injured someone other than his own dumb rear end.

Radio Help posted:

No, he's definitely both, on top of being a sanctimonious prick.

Nah, I'm an rear end in a top hat with a brain and a spine.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Outrail posted:

Pretty much.

If absolutely everyone followed hospitality/mining/drilling etc OSHA protocol for absolutely everything society would wind down and progress at 10% of it's usual speed.

I don't usually work food and safety but in the mining industry. Normally I follow about 80% for the rules because they are good and save lives and fingers but if I followed all of them it'd take me 50% longer to do my job which would mean my company would lose projects and I would lose jobs. It's the same in any industry that involves any sort of physical activity beyond sitting at a computer.

There's boundaries.
Moving hot oil and having small kids in the kitchen crosses them.
I've done a lot of unsafe things, but even I have my limits. EG ladders at my old work were so dodgey, I bought my own. But even then one day the ladder isn't tall enough to reach the second floor and my boss says to put it on the roofrack of the van and climb up. I told him to gently caress off, literally, on the radio where everyone could hear. but I've done lots of dodgey things when it made my life easier, the job quicker without being unsafe on a dumb level, that suited me so I could go home earlier etc

On the other end of the scale OSHA say ladders are not for working off (they are only for access on/off), you need scaffolding/platforms. Some job at the airport took 5x as long because constantly had to call airport contractors to assemble and move scaffolding rather than use a small step ladder.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Yeah, definitely that. We weren't allowed to climb into the tray/stand on the running board of a ute/pickup to unload gear/look around (survey work) because it was 'working at heights' without gear or training. Yes, I'm going to put on a rock climbing harness to stand on the running board of a 4wd.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Some more bakery horror stories

Our big dishwasher constantly leaks some green rinse agent. It has done it for years. One day I decides to deep clean and scraped the floor under the dishwasher. A black/green ooze an inch thick was coating the floor underneath it.

There was fly tape saturated with flies hanging above the floor sink for a year, it's probably still there

The glaze we used to cover the doughnuts so we can roll them in nuts sits in a giant tub for weeks, constantly separating and collecting a nice film of peanut meal and coconut bits. I was the only one who ever emptied it and scraped the 3 inch thick mat of separated powdered sugar off the bottom.

One time a rack of bagels was pulled from the freezer with blood splattered all over them. The baker was told just to toss the ones with visible blood and bake the rest.

Anything moldy just has the part with mold on it scraped off and the rest is used. This is common in every food place I've worked.

I also have stories about a local fast food place I worked at in high school that was in the ghetto.

Incidents include:
The pants making GBS threads drunk
The pants making GBS threads woman hiding out in the bathroom
Unabomber lite
Mr. Knifey
Who spilled the cheese

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

My Little Puni posted:

Who spilled the cheese

C'mon man don't leave me hanging here

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

For every story of someone being hindered in their work by strict adherence to useless safety regulations, there's a thousand stories of people seriously injuring themselves because they're being forced by their scumbag boss or because they don't give a poo poo.

If you can get fired for asking your boss to avoid clearly unsafe and dangerous bullshit, you're better off looking for another job where your life isn't regarded as quite as cheap and expendable.

My own food horror story to contribute:

I used to work on a farmer's market selling italian delicatessen, mostly cheese, antipasti and various types of salami and prosciutto.

This was in a corner of Europe that gets quite hot temperatures in summer, sometimes reaching 35+ degrees during the day.

The stand we sold from was essentially a tent with some tables, a slicing machine and a (badly) refrigerated counter, in which we stored the perishable goods like mozzarrella and other stuff.

The refrigeration in the portable counters you see on farmer's markets is laughable, especially during the summer, when you put up the stand at 7 am and close down at 6 pm.

When outside temperatures reached 35 degrees, the temperature of the cheeses would reach around 30.

Especially with dry aged cheese like pecorino, this causes the cheese to sweat quite a bit- in fact our cheeses sweated so much, the liquid emanating from them would overflow the vents, run down the table legs, and form milky white pools in front of the stand.

Our customers used to stand in those pools of greasy slurry, and one older drunk guy managed to slip and fall, hurting himself quite badly.

Nobody ever seemed to notice the stench, the wasps, the unwashed greasy tablecloth, or the fact that we always repackaged everything in the evening, to be resold the next day.

I still can't stand the smell or sight of pecorino cheese, still gives me nausea.

Oh and all the market's health inspectors knew about everything and didn't give a poo poo, they just came around to collect money once a week.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

I also forgot to mention I had to work for a week without the fryer vents working and the entire bakery filled with smoke every day during my 8 hour shift. I finally threatened to report it because I kept blacking out and the next day it was fixed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

eine dose socken posted:

For every story of someone being hindered in their work by strict adherence to useless safety regulations, there's a thousand stories of people seriously injuring themselves because they're being forced by their scumbag boss or because they don't give a poo poo.

If you can get fired for asking your boss to avoid clearly unsafe and dangerous bullshit, you're better off looking for another job where your life isn't regarded as quite as cheap and expendable.

You don't live in America do you?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

RareAcumen posted:

You don't live on Earth do you?

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Mister Speaker posted:

Like I said, you empty the fryer at the very end of the night and leave the oil in a pot so the morning guys can dispose of it safely. Xinlum is also right, emptying the fryer 1/2 at a time is also a much safer course of action than "crab-walking a 10-gallon pot" through a busy kitchen. This absolutely isn't some 'it's not a perfect world' bullshit, what Radio Help did was entirely avoidable (in fact, he would have saved time by not having to dump the oil) and he could have seriously injured someone other than his own dumb rear end.

Nah, I'm an rear end in a top hat with a brain and a spine.

So what happens when you have more than one fryer? How about five? And literally no place to store five stock pots full of oil? Or five stock pots? Does that still mean I "deserve to be burned"?
Thanks for looking out though bruh you surely were a resource to whoever you worked for

Xinlum posted:

Also you don't dump the whole fryer at once. You do to half drains to make it way easier to carry and dump.

Perhaps my problem was I assumed that people knew I wasn't hauling around 40 lbs worth of hot oil. 20 lbs worth of oil is scary enough.

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Oct 27, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Radio Help posted:

So what happens when you have more than one fryer? How about five? And literally no place to store five stock pots full of oil? Or five stock pots? Does that still mean I "deserve to be burned"?
Thanks for looking out though bruh you surely were a resource to whoever you worked for

Dude, just calm down. If the only way you can guarantee your job security is by consistently endangering yourself and others, then you're hanging on by a thread and you should start looking for a different job. No one said you "deserve to get burned", you're just being awfully defensive about the fact that you could have hurt someone or yourself but insisted on describing it as some kind of superhuman feat.

Edit: I stand corrected. My point remains that unless you work for Satan himself, chances are you can go up to your manager and go, "I almost dumped hot oil on a person no older than your average baby and methinks we should reevaluate how we discard oil because burning babies is bad."

cash crab has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Oct 28, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

My Little Puni posted:

Who spilled the cheese

This is my vote.

I need to know who spilled the guddamn cheese.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cash crab posted:

Dude, just calm down. If the only way you can guarantee your job security is by consistently endangering yourself and others, then you're hanging on by a thread and you should start looking for a different job. No one said you "deserve to get burned", you're just being awfully defensive about the fact that you could have hurt someone or yourself but insisted on describing it as some kind of superhuman feat.

Uhh I'm not holding a position on this one way or another, but

Mister Speaker posted:

e: Also I must reiterate my desire to know who spilled the loving cheese

VoteTedJameson
Jan 10, 2014

And stack the four!
When I was about 16, I worked at a beach hotel on Cape Cod. I was a general purpose grunt, so I helped out the attached restaurant with oddjobs when no one else needed me. I was collecting their garbage one day, loaded up two heavy black garbage bags. I'm carrying them to my golf cart that we used to take them to the dumpster, when I notice that I'm leaving a trail of something. In a moment of brilliance I lift up one garbage bag to see if I can identify where the leak is (I don't know why that would matter) and it ERUPTS onto me. It was the still-warm spent fryer grease from the kitchen and it soaked pretty much all of me. Not hot enough for burns thank God, but my whole upper body was now fryer-grease colored and I smelled more or less like the sulfurous pit of hell. Pretty mild compared to the rest of this nightmare thread but I did feel pretty dumb standing there in front of a pool full of guests not really knowing what to do with myself.

The smell didn't go away for a few days...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This is all reminding me of one fateful Mother's Day, when the temperature reached nearly 100 degrees F, and that's saying something where I'm from.

Anyhow, that day I am scheduled for a shift at a small pizza shop. When I arrive, lo and behold the vent hood had broken and now the entire restaurant was well into the 110-120 degree range.

Did we close?

Of course not. Instead, we waited outside in the cool air (nearly 100) for the phone to ring, and then raced inside to answer it, take the order, AND MAKE THE FOOD.

Yes, this meant making pizzas in a pizza oven in a restaurant that was hotter than some desert nations in summer. This meant that all the toppings, all the sauces, EVEN THE FLOUR ITSELF was palpably warm.

If you said "my, that's not food safe!" then NO, YOU ARE VERY CORRECT IT IS NOT.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

I've worked less than two months in food service but I got mad flashbacks of every job I had through college reading this before I started teaching piano.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Radio Help posted:

So what happens when you have more than one fryer? How about five?

You clean them on different days, genius. You save some empty pickle buckets, you empty them 1/2 at a time, you do anything you can to avoid 'crab walking' 10gal of hot oil, jfc

eine dose socken posted:

This. I know too many people who have been hurt by the negligence of people with attitudes like that. I'm glad my coworkers are competent enough to at least own up when they know they've done something dangerously cheesy.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Oct 28, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm glad my coworkers are competent enough to at least own up when they know they've done something dangerously cheesy.

If only everyone had the luxury of being able to backtalk to their boss without fear of being fired, and didn't have to worry about the hell of finding another job because their lovely dangerous job wasn't their only option.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Make your stand, you might be evicted and die like a starving dog on the streets but your honor will be intact

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I've made that stand before. And let me tell you, if you get hungry enough, money becomes a hell of a lot more attractive than honor.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Who Spilled the Cheese?

After I turned the ripe age of 16, my parents began pressuring me to find a job. Somewhere. Anywhere. Of course, I quickly scooped up by a local fast food chain. This chain of three stores across the state had particular reputation for being an overpriced, greasy mistake for anyone who dares to enter and eat a pile of sweaty roast beef. Carrie, my life-sucking tyrant of a manager made it pretty clear how she felt about me. Within hours of beginning my first shift, she had insinuated that I was lazy, dense, waste of space and any simple questions such as "where does the beef go?" only reinforced that particular idea of me. I did ask a copious amount of questions, but only because I was more afraid of totally loving up my first step in to adulthood than trying to impress her. To put it simply, she terrified me.
The second or third week in I had finally gotten comfortable in my position and was working later shifts without Carrie watching my every move. She had left for the day, and my coworker Dean had sent me to the cooler to grab some cheese for our specialty "cheesy fries." This could hardly be called cheese. It was an ersatz Velveeta, the kind we got for $10 per runny, oily gallon from Reinhart. I stepped in to the cooler and felt for a gallon can on the top shelf. I carefully inched the can forward with my fingertips and attempted to balance it above my head but poo poo...down it came. I hosed up. It hit the ground, splattering the cooler and most of its contents in style reminiscent of Jackson Pollock. Left at my feet was puddle of oozing, cheddar flavored cheese product. In my panic, all I could think was one thing, "I'm fired." I ran to Deaner, covered in my cultured shame. Our plan was to scoop what we could from the floor and try not to loose too much product. Carrie would notice, we wouldn't have enough until shipment came, and she would be pissed. We salvaged what we could and used it in the cheese warmer for the rest of that night and I imagine the entire next day.
I managed to clean the evidence off of the racks in the cooler, and the residue of what was left on the floor. I heard no complaints my next shift and I was in the clear. But something was still not right, in the months following an unbearable smell emanated from the cooler. Soon, the scent became so intolerable that the racks had to be taken apart to find the source. The source was the remnants of my little blunder, aged and fuzzy, hiding in the depths of the cooler. It was a green and white unrecognizable mess, something from a horror film, a mess nobody knew about but me and Deaner. My boss called all the employees in to the back. "Alright," she interrogated "who spilled the cheese?" Nobody answered. Nobody was going to. She took a knife to the mass of fungi and scraped some up, revealing the orange cheese underneath. The smell wafted over us and I retched as she presented what was exhibit A. "Who. Spilled. The. Cheese?" Before I could confess, my coworker, a girl named Olive vomited on the floor, chunks splattering the tips everyone's non-slip shoes. This started a chain in the counter girls, with 2 others clutching the sink behind them to release their lunch. Carrie had lost control of the place, girls were crying and apologizing while the men frantically tried to help clean up without spewing themselves. I was off the hook. She would never know it was me. I spilled the cheese.

Up next:
The Pants making GBS threads Drunk and A Man Named Jumbo

Ball Tazeman has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Oct 28, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Thread saved

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I believe it up until the chain-vomiting. I would think that everyone in food service long enough has seen enough poo poo that, unless you're 15 and on your first week or so, that stuff doesn't even phase you.

Oh, giant insect on top of a pile of just-delivered molded lettuce? Yep OK just gonna carry that out to the dumpster, insect and all. Or maybe I'll just brush off the insect. He'll just go scattering into the drain there, whatever.

Oh, cooler broke down overnight and everything turned into liquid? Just gonna spend all morning cleaning it up, yes it smells like napalm, I'm fine, no worries. Nah these 50cent gloves are enough; actually, they're sweaty, screw that. The mold liquid's everywhere anyways, I'll just clean it up with my bare hands.

Content: when I WAS 15 and started working in food service, to wash the floor I mixed windex and chlorox.... oops.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Pell posted:

I worked between restaurants, retail, and convenience stores for ten years without seeing OSHA once, ever. The restaurant was supposed to be food inspected more than once a year. We saw them twice, ever, and the second time they walked in the front, looked at the counter, walked into the server area, checked some things off on their clipboards, and left.

At the time there was a piece of liver one of the cooks had chucked into the bottom shelf of some storage a year before still just kind of hanging out there. It never got cleaned up. Ever. The liver went away when the shelf got replaced.

Also, in the restaurant world, you do not ever do anything that prevents you from selling food. Ever. I cut my thumb to the bone and serving was still going on while I bled everywhere. I went home eventually and it bled for about a day before it finally quit. And no of course I didn't take it to the hospital, that costs money!

Most places solve that problem by having more than one fryer. Late at night, when you only actually need one of them, you fry in one and clean the other. We also had this neat little cart/pump thing that you could open the bottom of the fryer into. Of course occasionally it splattered everywhere anyway, left a trail of grease that nobody could ever clean up toward the back door, and we had a huge metal drum that we pumped it into that smelled like death but at least we weren't spilling hot oil on ourselves.

One day, thanks to that horrifying streak of grease, one of the girls slipped and fell while carrying the knives back to prep. We all froze thinking "oh gently caress oh god oh no she's going to loving die." By some miracle she didn't even get a scratch anywhere on her. She was just as surprised as we were.

No, the knives didn't get rewashed and as soon as we realized she was fine it took nanoseconds for everybody to go back into a food making frenzy. Oh, and in case you were wondering, there were four kitchen knives but there was supposed to be eight to avoid cross-contamination. One was for chicken when we actually remembered. The rest were just for like...whatever. We also had fancy color-coded cutting boards that were individually only meant to be used for certain things to avoid cross-contamination. Only 1/3 of them were clean at any given time so of course they were never, ever used that way.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I'm so spoiled by our bulk oil system. I drain 150 lbs of oil by flipping a switch to empty and opening a drain valve. The filter loving rocks too. We get about 9 days on our high temp vegetable oil. Ok horror story I guess.

A guy was cleaning the wall above the fryer by leaning over the drat thing on a step ladder and fell up to his knees into 350 degree oil. He got a sweet cash settlement and managed to get away with only 2nd degree burns because of how the cold zone at the bottom works and his speed in getting the gently caress out of the oil. They really should have just wheeled the fryer away from the wall and walked behind it, but you know stupid people.

Another dude was manhandling baskets and knocked the bracket that holds them off and it made him instinctively dunk his arm in the oil when the bracket burned his hand. Nasty looking 2nd degree burns. His arm looked like raw beef for weeks. Weird thing about the cold zone again, his hand was fine.

Jesus you guys work in shitholes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Babylon Astronaut posted:

They really should have just wheeled the fryer away from the wall and walked behind it, but you know stupid people.

When I read this part, the first image in my mind was them wheeling the fryer away to the hospital with the guy still standing in it. Then I read further and.....yeah.

• Locked thread