Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I used to work at Earls, a fairly big canadian/american restaurant chain. I worked as a dishwasher and part of my job in the mornings was to change the oil in the deep fryers. I wear glasses day to day and I managed to somehow knock my glasses into one of the deep fryers.

I remember fishing out the glasses the next day, covered in batter and grease. I don't wear my glasses at work anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Could have been a million times worse:

:nms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llQL9RM_KOo :nms:

(For those wondering, yes, it's that God-awful Canadian workplace safety ad.)

I had nightmares about this commercial. :ohdear:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Dude I was working with the other day mentioned that a guy at his last work got his arm stuck in a Hobart mixer. I don't know how, since those things are generally pretty idiot proof.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

thewireguy posted:

People wild suck the whipped cream gas out and stumble around like an idkot, and when you go to make a piece of cake or whatever, that was so bad. Wipe it off and find another can that hasn't been sucked dry.

Cook at my last job got caught doing this on camera, in the boss' office, in the middle of our busiest day of the year. He got fired pretty much immediately. Which was a shame, because he always treated me nicely and did his job well.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Man I don't know why I decided to Google degloving.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

Oh, giant insect on top of a pile of just-delivered molded lettuce? Yep OK just gonna carry that out to the dumpster, insect and all. Or maybe I'll just brush off the insect. He'll just go scattering into the drain there, whatever.

My first job told me if you found a bug in the lettuce head to give it a good, thorough wash and put it with the rest . The argument was that if the bugs liked it at least it was fresh. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

That is a very deep grease trap. :stare: Guess I'm only used to the grease traps under stoves and stuff though.

• Locked thread