Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Wash your vegetables and fruits at home, for the love of god.

Seconding this. I manage produce in a grocery store, and while I do my absolute best to make sure everything is clean and sparkling when it goes onto the shelf all bets are off when it comes to the general public. Sneezing, coughing, picking things up, sniffing them, then putting them back, dropping fruit on the muddy mats and setting it back on the shelf, sticking their arms elbow-deep into the apples to find that one perfect apple nestled right at the bottom. Urgh.

I also knew somebody who worked at Subway and was told not to change gloves between handling the meat and handling the vegetables, because it goes faster that way. Cross-contamination is a myth, don't you know. I don't eat at Subway anymore.

Same friend also worked at a small-town ice cream shop that also sold burgers and hot dogs. Said burgers would be regularly left uncooked on a countertop by one co-worker in 40 degree C heat (around 100+ F) in a building with no air conditioning for hours at a time. When asked about it the other employee said not to bother her. When my friend put them in the goddamn freezer because holy poo poo the co-worker got mad at her for it. She also chain-smoked like a fiend while at work and would go right back to handling raw meat without washing her hands afterward. My friend liked the job, and everyone else there was good to work with and followed basic food safety. She just told me to run away if I ever saw that particular woman working the till.

EDIT: vvv WHY

JoltSpree has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

You don't have to label stuff that contains MSG.

It's appreciated for people who are allergic to the stuff. If I eat anything with MSG I get massive headaches and nausea for the rest of the day.

• Locked thread