Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

If you've ever worked in the food/restaurant industry, you have probably encountered some really interesting idiots and weirdos. You can also post peripheral industry stuff, like grocery stores, because those are always good. For example, I worked in a bakery a few years ago, and this kid DJ got hired. A few weeks into him working there, this little old woman came in and asked for him to "explain" the bread to her ("what's flax", etc). I was tossing some loaves of bread onto the shelf and went around the corner. He came into the back room shortly after, got his coat, and left. He didn't come back. Later, it was explained to me that her rubber diaper fell off and she asked him to help him pull it back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:v: Best bet is to avoid eating at restaurants, period. My ex worked in a ""upscale"" burger place where the owner would drop patties onto the floor, pick them back up and throw them back on the grill. Also, different bakery: My boss used to routinely come in at night and make new labels for cakes I'd made and redate them so they could stay out longer. She was fired for baking massive amounts of cookies and hoarding them in the back, and making the "sell-by" date from when they were put out, not when they were made, so some of them were months old by the time they went out onto the shelf. This was at a Safeway, by the way.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

In a Subway in Calgary, the employees were habitually stacking those metal boats of meat on top of vegetables. In the back. In the employee washroom. Apparently, the slime comes right off if you rinse the meat.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

JoltSpree posted:

EDIT: vvv WHY

Meat's expensive, bro. :colbert:

Oh, bread chat: Same bakery as the one with the rubber diaper, we had a lady return a loaf with a mouse in it. Apparently he chewed through the bag and died halfway through trying to finish an entire loaf by himself. What a way to go.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I love how he looks both ashamed and surprised.

"Oh! You said you'd be home later."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I am that possum

also:

de la peche posted:

dick dinner

LMAO. I know it's technically really lovely, but this is still funny.

vvv See also: The removal of entire fingers.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Jul 8, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Doom Rooster posted:

One time a stoned fry cook dropped his phone in the fryer, which would have been bad enough from the smell of the plastic, and having to take the fyer offline for the night to cool down, drain and super clean it, however... The cook's immediate reaction was to try to catch it before it hit the bottom of the fryer. He plunged his hand in and got about a third of the way through his forearm before he snapped back to reality. He had 3 massive blisters filled with fluid that covered pretty much every inch that was submerged. Before they took him to the hospital, you could watch them jiggle when he moved, like a jell-o mold on a shaking table.

Apparently, people shoving their hands into deepfryers to retrieve items is distressingly common.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ADVENTURES OF ME AS A PART-TIMER IN A UK CINEMA CHAIN

This post justifies this entire thread.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Capoeira Capybara posted:

I work for a chemical company that specializes in dishwashing chemicals for restaurants and other large scale applications. The things I have seen in my two years in this job would make your skin crawl. For example:

A local strip mall contains Mexican restaurant adjacent to a filthy Chinese Buffet. They are the two worst accounts I have. The Chinese place is dirty, greasy, and damp. I've seen them putting food out on the buffet, left over from the day(s?) Before, at 9:30 am. Buffet opens at 11. I've seen them sitting in a circle on the floor around a piece of cardboard butchering a pile of chickens that is sitting on the cardboard. They serve canned mussels on shells that they rewash in the dishwasher.

The Mexican place is just as bad. I live in the intermountain west, so big city pests like rats and roaches are unheard of out here. One day I opened up the top of the machine to adjust something, and like 20 tiny roaches swarmed out over the washer and my clipboard. I ran.

I can post more if anyone is interested.

Please

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Galsia posted:

I worked in a fast food restaurant when I was a teenager and it was mostly clean and the customers were alright. If customers were really nice we used to throw in free food. However, one repeat group of customers that used to come through our drive thru were travellers/gypsies and they were really unpleasant. They were always threatening staff and constantly tried to steal stuff by removing food from the bag, hiding it in the car and claiming that they never got it. Whenever this happened their replacement food was always rubbed around somebodys balls or anus. They honestly deserved it, gently caress those guys.

I feel that by going through the trouble of rubbing a greasy burger on your own anus in order to exact some kind of revenge on someone, you have actually owned yourself more than them.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I once got one of those re-labeled cakes. I love their individual slices of chocolate cake, and our Safeway is pretty bang-on so I was surprised to find the cake rock-hard when I got it. That's when I noticed the expiry date had been pasted over twice. The cake was well over a week old.

A friend of mine used to work for Edible Arrangements, and while it's a franchise operation so not every one is like this, but she said don't ever eat the dipped ones. They cut the rotten, moldy pieces off the fruit before they put it in the arrangement, but they don't always bother cutting off the moldy bits of the pieces they dip in chocolate.

I was lucky in the respect that I didn't have to rely on a delivery service for fruit when I was working as a decorator. Since I had access to the back of the produce department, I could get the freshest fruit and edible flowers and not have to cut around the mold. I mean, the benefit of working at a Safeway was supposed to be bi-weekly deliveries of icing and fresh fruit, so I have no idea why people tried to cut corners so badly.

The bakery I worked in before that would happily toss out whatever, whenever, and I knew this because I was tasked with marking stuff down so the homeless shelter could pick up day-olds the next morning. Drop a donut? Toss it in the hobo basket! Stick your thumb in a pie? You're eating that now, congratulations. Good times. The alternative at Safeway was that I dumped out cake and pastries (because I knew the real BB dates!) into a dumpster out back. One morning, I'm talking like 7AM, I go outside to the dumpster. I open the steel doors and there is a man, about 50 or 60. He looks exactly like John Slattery, except that he has no shoes on and his pants are up to his knees and he is playing in organic waste. I stare at him. He stares back, steely-eyed, protectively clutching a head of lettuce. He looks at the lettuce.

"It's for my rabbit," he says. I nod, walk back inside and close the doors.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

McSpergin posted:

I honestly don't understand how people get carved up on loving meat slicers. In six years in a delicatessen, between Coles and Woolworths (Australian national supermarket chains), I never once injured myself. I had one coworker nick her thumb when cleaning it. Clearly there's not efficient training or relatively intelligent staff working, lmao.

For my horror story, my housemate and I were working together for a while at Coles and he was cleaning while I was on break, he slipped while cleaning a recently sharpened cheese knife (he got distracted by a customer) and sliced 80% of the way through the tendon on his thumb. Way to ruin my break arsehole! (He's username dernwiththesickness on here lol)

Tell him to post a picture

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Lotsa nice bubbles up in here.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Ineffiable posted:

I'm so morbid. What happens if you pop those bubbles? I just feel like if you got something like those, you should pop them, drain them and bandaid it up.

It's gross. Don't do it. It gets hot and wet but you get this weird feeling like it's not happening to you at the same time. Let your body figure it out on its own. don'T POP THEM

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Tiberius Thyben posted:

No! Pop them! It's fun!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

^^^ Holy poo poo

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Sic Semper Goon posted:

One that happened relatively recently near me was at a bakery.

The baker was teaching the apprentice how not to clean the moulder, and apparently decided to go above and beyond the call of duty by not only telling him not to touch the moulding rollers, but jamming her hand between the rollers herself.

The friction of the rollers ground the skin off, down to the bone.

It was a larger version of this machine:

I wish I had never read this

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I work part time as a shipper receiver for Coca-Cola. All I really do is throw cases, so the worst I see are pallets of product that are covered in mold after a case bursts in top (which we usually send out anyway, incidentally.) The energy drinks are the worst for that, since the cans just don't seem to be strong enough, and the combination of the scent of the energy drink, and the smell of rot is pretty impressively bad. There's also the concentrate room, which has a drainage grate in the middle which everything flows into, and is covered in mold and poo poo, which fills the whole room with a humid, horrifying miasma. However, the interesting stories come from the merchandisers, who actually go into the stores and backs of restaurants. One of them told a horror story about a Chinese place where the chicken was just left to thaw in a bucket of water in the middle of the floor, with flies buzzing around it. Also a few stories about places that hadn't had someone in to clean their fountain drink dispensers for years, and which blew out chunks of mold when they finally did.

In grocery stores, people like to hide meat in novel places to get revenge on employees (yes, really). One time, someone threw a deli chicken on top of the ice cream freezers and we didn't find it for a month. This does not compare to the smell left over by one of the produce employees opening one of the vents in the office and shoving a bag of shrimp in there. :barf:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

p-hop posted:

I guess I'm pretty lucky that the restaurant I worked at didn't have any gross triple-expired deli meat or festering chunks in the drink dispenser stuff. The night shift spent the last few hours of the night cleaning everything. All the kitchen staff cleaned their stations top to bottom, and then we'd team up to mop floors and do the walk-in coolers too. Day staff cleared out anything that was starting to go in the morning before it got crazy.

Since I don't have any good material for the thread, how about this walk-in that had mushrooms growing in it. Not just a film of mold, literally fistfuls of mushrooms. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZEF3bniX3s

For a split second, I went, "haha, look at those plump happy mushrooms" and then remembered the context. A+ content, but I am also really sad right now.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

When I was sixteen or so, my brother brought me into the basement to "show me something neat". It was a grapefruit-sized cluster of mushrooms on the floor of his bathroom. To stay on topic, he was a restaurant manager at the time (now he's a prison guard! :v:)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Tim Whatley posted:

My first job was at McD when I was 15. Two I remember specifically were a real fuzzy happy meal plush getting tossed by accident into the deep fryer and I had to spatula out all the fuzz. That was the end of "cleaning" it.

A co-worker put all kinds of things in people's food when they were assholes. This includes mop water and his dick. Yes, hand to God, stamped his dick right in a McFlurry with the ice cream dick stamp and all still there as I handed it out the window.

A buddy of mine quit his job at a New England pizza chain by putting lobster meat in the vents that they found six months later. Teenagers suck.

I think about the dick McFlurry about once a day now.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The manager at the last restaurant I worked at was not entirely dissimilar (edit: to a post I can't see anymore for some reason? Something about awful manager? ee: Ahh, it's from the first page) . He used to bring in his girlfriends to be served (food comped, naturally) while his wife did payroll in the back. His idea for "neighborhood jazz nights" was always a loving nightmare; he'd invite every last one of his lovely friends. One night, two couples ordered appetizers, salads, main courses and like, three bottles of champagne. I think the total came to about $240. Once it came time to settle up, I went to drop off the tab and one guy pulls out a black Mastercard (yes, YES TIP MEEE) and his friend goes, "Oh, I got this." He pulls out a gift certificate, given to him by our manager. He tells me to "keep the change", which I can't, because it's on a gift certificate.

About an hour later, I have moved on to working bar when one of the servers complains some guy is trying to basically stick his finger in her butt. I offer to switch with her. I am on hour nine of my shift and haven't eaten yet. This man is very, very drunk. I ask him to put out his cigarette, because we're inside, which he agrees to. Then, he grabs my hand and asks me to dance and I hit him in the face. Not hard or anything. He tipped me about 30%; go figure. Anyway, I quit pretty soon after that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:psyduck: Holy poo poo.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

candywife posted:

I did this to my own finger once. I was cutting black forest ham though. It didn't hurt when I did it, since the blade was so sharp, but it hurt afterwards like crazy. My manager was so pissed cause I got blood and a good chunk of skin on the ham.
I had to spend a full day watching kitchen safety videos and after that any time I needed to use anything sharp I had to wear these massive chainmail gloves and if I needed a knife, I had to sign a form to check it out.

Grocery stores reuse chicken like crazy. If a rotisserie whole chicken didn't sell that day, they would cut it in half and throw it in the refrigerated section with some herbs. If it didn't sell that day, they would cut it up into smaller pieces and bread and deep fry it. If it STILL didn't sell, they would chop it up and mix it into salads. That always struck me as kinda gross..

:allears: I miss the little croissant sandwiches they used to make with old chickens. Oh, Safeway, you disgusting, resourceful gently caress.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Astrofig posted:

A woman once returned a can of green beans to the store I worked at because she opened it up and found a grasshopper inside. A whole one. And not one of those little two-inch long ones, either---this thing was almost six and disgusting to look at.

This little old man came up to me one night and asked me how much a single banana would cost. I weighed it and said $0.30. Then, he placed a spider the size of an apricot onto the conveyor and asked how much that would be. I guess he found it in the bananas? Whatever, it was free.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

I worked at a Taco Time for about two weeks. I didn't last for a few reasons, but the main one that ruined it for me was the stacks of tortilla shells. The stacks would go moldy often, and the manager had us pick the tortillas that hadn't gotten moldy yet out of the stack and use them, while the rest were tossed on a pile on the counter to be thrown away after preparing the order.

I knew the guy managed at least a couple of Taco Times in Calgary so I just never eat at them ever. There were mold spores over probably every surface in all of them, I bet.

:smith: Taco Time was my favourite. This breaks my heart.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Captain Clown posted:

This is a quick blurb because it's my mom's experience, not mine, and I don't remember all the details.

Whenever my mom would take us to a movie theater when my siblings and i were kids, she would warn us to never get ice in our drinks, and would refuse to buy us popcorn. We were always curious about this, so she finally told us why. Basically, in the early-to-mid-90s, she worked at a budget movie theater. The popcorn was stored at the front of the counter in a clear glass case. It looked cool as a customer, since the entire front of the counter was just glass filled to the brim with popcorn. ...Or, should I say, it SHOULD have looked cool. The thing is, that thing rarely ever got cleaned. It was full of old popcorn butter and grease most of the time. So, one day, when my mom went to go get popcorn for a customer... she was met with the sight of pantry moths and their larvae crawling throughout the case to the point where it looked like the popcorn itself was squirming.

So, what about the ice? Sometimes, the soda fountain ice maker would get clogged. It happens, and there are clean ways to fix it. But that's not what the manager of the theater did. Nope, dude just used a plunger right from the bathroom to fix it! And apparently, that was a common occurrence. Once my mom saw that in action, she up and left.

This made me wish I were dead, I loving hate kitchen moths

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

PBJ posted:

So, a few weeks ago, my workplace hired a rather interesting man named Kenny. Let me tell you some things about him:

- Kenny looks like what happens when an emaciated alien tries to blend into human society. He also attempted to wear his fedora into his first day of work (we have corporate-provided visors).

- Kenny cannot do basic arithmetic, as we found out when we tried to teach him to work one of the registers.

- Kenny does not know the difference between grilled and breaded chicken breasts. When informed that grilled chicken breasts do not go in the pressure fryer, he then placed the raw chicken on the burger grill, cross-contaminating it in the process.

- Kenny does not know how to cook red meat, and attempted multiple times in a single hour to serve severely under-cooked burgers to customers. He was hired based on his supposed background as a cook.

- Kenny regularly drops items into fryers. We've gone through multiple plastic tongs in the last week because he's dropped them into the adjacent fryer and melted them. He also lost both his car-keys and his hat within the span of a week.

- Kenny is incapable of cleaning dishes unless directly aided by another coworker. If not. he'll just spray dishes with a jet of water for 10 seconds or so, before placing them back where they came from, chunks of food and all!

- Kenny is allergic to peanuts, and did not disclose this during the hiring process. We only found out when he had a reaction in the middle of this first shift, and ended up sneezing and slobbering all over the condiment station, which then had to be completely sterilized.

At this point, the other coworkers and I are taking bets as to when he'll be laid off. When I asked one of the late-night managers how long she thought he'd last, she replied: "He's white, middle-aged, and working the closing-shift at a fast-food establishment. He's gonna be here forever." :smith:

:psyduck: but also :smith:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Cross-posted from IoSM:

Krispy Kareem posted:

Back when I worked at an all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar we had a customer who would go on bulimic episodes, eating plate after plate of food and repeatedly puking it up in the bathroom and making a horrific mess. So one day the manager had enough and just locked the bathroom. She hung out near the restrooms and would let people in one-at-a-time but when puking guy walked back there she disappeared. Imagine that scene from Alien, but no place for the xenophobe to go. I don't want to think what someone found in the parking lot that night.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

If you must wash chicken you're better off just wiping it with a paper towel. That said, don't wash chicken.

:v: Tell that to these KFC employees

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

^^: :ohdear: Was this grocery store in Hell, by any chance?

TracerBullet posted:

I don't know if this completely fits in with the theme of the thread but I couldn't figure out any place better. Besides, having worked in the food industry myself, the worst part is almost always the customers. This certainly speaks to that horror.

Trying to find a location for the Chicago Chipotle corporate office, I stumbled upon a website that listed the corporate headquarters for many companies, including Chipotle’s HQ in Denver. I like Chipotle more than the average fast food place, and I thought the general consensus was that most Americans were on board too, so the 2.0 ‘average’ rating and 449 total reviews really surprised me. This is just some random website, why are there so many reviews?

Because of people like this:

Shirley has berated some poor Chipotle employee MANY times about the hardness of her brown rice. Shirley is very serious about brown rice.

A cup of meat just doesn't cut it in the Kids Meal for this discerning consumer. HERRIBLE

Anonymous delivers a stream of consciousness complaint that says goodbye on its way out. Five stars indeed.

Again, this is just some random website on a corner of the internet. It is not Chipotle run or likely even checked by Chipotle…EVER. It’s like Ginger expects Mr. Chipotle to ring her up and help - she also ends with three question marks to show not even she knows where she wants the food to go.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

:shrug:

And this is all from Page 1...of 23. I certainly do not miss having to deal with customers.

This is my favourite entry aside from the movie theatre play from Saddest Rhino.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

TracerBullet posted:

I sad chicken. Call the layers!

I have two laugh settings: Dr Hibbert and evil witch. This one made me do the latter. Thank you.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

death .cab for qt posted:

I can't believe I didn't post my hosed up story yet.

When I worked at a bakery in 2012, one of our merchandise packagers had a heart attack while on the job. She was 80something and had known heart problems, so it was sad but not entirely unexpected.

The unexpected part was when my manager instructed myself and the rest of the bakers to let 911 handle things and just keep baking. One of the clerks started performing CPR, the paramedics showed up and continued to do so despite her being stone cold dead. It took a while for someone who could legally pronounce her dead to show up. I fried doughnuts roughly ten feet from a fresh corpse until police officers showed up and said "yo everyone, what the gently caress, stop baking, shut this all down you are done for today"

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I've posted this on SA before, but it's been a few years. In high school, we were allowed to leave campus for lunch. The nearby Taco Bell was pretty popular with the students, and me being a smug vegetarian I never ate there with the cool kids, so I was saved the trouble of contracting hep A like everyone else when one disgruntled worker decided to add a special ingredient to the ground beef.

It was poop.

My Spanish class was empty except for me for a couple of weeks.

Mmmohmy God, oh my God, what the gently caress. GUYS. WHAT THE gently caress.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

blaarghh posted:

We had a new employee who only lasted a week because he was caught picking at his eczema and eating it, while bagging up fries.

:barf: Auggghhhhh

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Scandalous Wench posted:

I second this motion.

e: I would be equally happy with this:
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF Food Industry Horror Story: I sad chicken. Call the layers

This one is my favourite, personally

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I know this doesn't help the assessment that I am a gimmick account/a real raccoon, but I used to eat off dead plates all the time. It's not my fault people would order a shrimp vodka penne, eat one shrimp and send it back, what a waste. It's mine now.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Nuebot posted:

I've known people though who if they didn't eat their whole meal would intentionally ruin the food "because someone back there might be getting a free meal! Nu-uh not on my dime!" and so they'd soak chicken in left over soda and poo poo.

I wonder what kind of a Dickensian supervillian you have to be to douse uneaten food in soda because of the possibility that someone might actually consume said food.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Just arrived on Earth, eh?

For every person who flags you down and apologizes to you for asking to send her salad back because she wanted Italian dressing and we gave her ranch by mistake, there are countless dozens who do poo poo like hollow out dinner rolls and fill them with ketchup, dump soft drinks all over the plate before leaving, or ask for a take-out container for their leftovers, which they will then throw on the ground in the parking lot "just so the staff can't eat it."

People are fuckin' monsters, man.

That's so cartoonish. I'm just really having a hard time wrapping my head around this idea, but the more I think about it, the more it makes perfect sense that people would do this. By the way, when I said the whole "order a shrimp penne, eat one shrimp and send it back" thing, that was a real thing. This woman ordered it, ate one shrimp. I asked if everything was okay, and she said she just wanted a little bit of shrimp. This is a restaurant that would have happily just grilled one or two shrimps for you, if that's what you wanted, because we literally had a scale set up so that people could do insane poo poo like that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I just want to point out that I intended that the spirit of this thread also include lovely customers, because those are the best stories (although I maintain that nothing will ever top Weekend at Bernie's Bakery)

My least favourite customer of all time was a guy named Todd who used to come into the restaurant three times a week, order pasta and his "special coffee" (the preparation of which was not explained to me; I think it was a double Americano with milk foam or some poo poo) and then hide his dishes around the restaurant. I'd see him dart out the door, and the hunt would commence to find out where he'd stashed his plate and silverware. Ugh.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Nuebot posted:

Oh! Here's one that I was reminded of today while at the store. Lots of places here leave their front doors open. I'm not entirely sure why because it doesn't cool down the store any. We also have doves all over the god damned place.

If regular old fat pigeons are flying rats, then doves are flying mice. The this comes to a head when you just see doves flying the gently caress around a department store and no one really gives a poo poo. Especially in a department store with an in-store food place like Costco or walmart. So seeing small nest of doves right above where they're making someone's pizza just kind of makes me wary of that place. I doubt anyone's ever found bird poo poo in their food, but at the same time I doubt they ever paid close enough attention to see it.

:3: but also ew.

bringmyfishback posted:

looks bad Todd

So rarely do I actually LOL while reading something online. Good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Companion animals have been getting prescribed (is that the word to use?) to people that have issues with depression or loneliness. It actually works, especially in cases where apartments will not allow pets. I actually have met at least a dozen people whose doctor wrote a note that amounted to "this person gets a cat, gently caress you." The one place I worked at actually had regular customer with a service parrot that sat on her shoulder the whole time she was in the store. Dogs can also be trained to detect seizures or impending psychological meltdowns. I met a person who actually has major freakouts if in a crowd too long but can't always remind herself to leave a crowd so she has a dog that looks for the signs and then tugs on her leash and is all "time to go, kid." It's amazing what kinds of things service animals can actually do.

But yeah..."I have a service animal" is no justification for "I just let my dog wander around wherever he wants in public what's the big deal?" Well...it's a huge deal. If your dog wanders over and loves all over some friendly-looking person who is also allergic to dogs, well, good for you your negligence just ruined some random person's dining experience. Places can't legally tell people to not bring their service animals of course but people really do need to control the things.

Sorry for the derail, but: I don't think you can actually get them registered if they're emotional support animals. I've seen a few. One guy, a veteran, used to bring around a rabbit. She wore a sign alerting everyone of the fact that she was a service animal. Anyway, service animals can't be released from their harnesses in places that otherwise do not permit animals. If you take them off their harnesses, most animals (chiefly dogs) think they're "on break" and will act accordingly. (Example: when I worked a pet supply store, a blind woman who regularly came in let her dog, Lagoon, off her leash, because that was her "break time" and we let her walk around unsupervised. So, while we were discussing Game of Thrones, which she was reading on audiobook, Lagoon tore open a 35lb bag of food and ate so much of it before we could pull her away that there wasn't enough left over to discount and sell. It was loving hysterical.)

• Locked thread