Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Get the game here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lucasarts.starts_goo&hl=en
SW Commander Forums: https://www.playdomforums.com/forumdisplay.php?566-Star-Wars-Commander-(Star-Wars-Commander)
Unit Guide for Newbies: http://www.star-wars-commander.com/
Old Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663856

I’ll be updating the OP with update news and making some changes to reflect recent updates to the game, if you’d like to contribute in any way please let me know. I'll be adding base layouts in the near future as well.

What is Star Wars Commander?

It's the latest in a long line of Clash of Clans ripoffs, but based in the Star Wars galaxy we all know and love. The art is pretty good, the sound and music is spot on. The current build is probably the most stable to date, and many of the AI issues that plagued earlier versions have been fixed (although there are still some AI issues). The UI still seems to load slowly but much of the layout has been improved dramatically; squads can now see the last time a squad member was active, you can see who donated which troops to your squad center, etc. Most of all, its still fun to launch a three AT-AT assault on some poor pubbie’s base. The game still has a ways to go before catching up with CoC, however, and is still missing some features like being able to save multiple bases, squad battles, etc.

Current Goon Squads:

R2D2Poor4Crystal – Imperial. The most active of the goon squads and really chill.
SHOWMEYOURWOMPA – Imperial.
UGievScouts – Imperial.
Douevenwomprat – Rebel. Founded by Cooter64 so bug him for invites.

If you want to join, just search for a squad and say something goony in your application. An update fixed the horrible squad interface so you should get an application approval quickly – if you don’t, post in the thread and someone should approve it.

Starting Out
Link your account to either Google Play or iOs game center! If you lose your device without connecting to those services you won’t be able to retrieve your account!

Congratulations! You’ve installed this game on your mobile device and are well on your way to Asperger’s Syndrome. The general strategy for Star Wars Commander is just like Clash of Clans when starting out: upgrade your resource collectors and storages first. It’s best to max out your upgrades before advancing HQ levels but the great part of this game is that you can be as stupid as you want! There is no perfect mix of rocket, burst, and missile turrets because the threats to your base change with every increase in HQ level, but the general consensus is to have a good mix so you’re not vulnerable to any one specific attack. As a final note, always be researching. Start with troops you use more frequently (like the Stormtrooper) and work your way up.

Resources

Credits - Your Clash of Clans analogue to Elixir. You need this to build troops, upgrade troops, build some buildings, and go on raids. You can gather these through your credit markets or by doing the missions, or by raiding hapless children that play this game.
Alloy - The gold of this game. Upgrade defensive structures, credit markets, storage, and Headquarters. Can be collected from alloy refineries, missions, or raiding.
Contraband - The Clash of Clans equivalent of Dark Elixir. Allows you to upgrade your Droideka and train mercenary units from the Cantina. Mercenary units really aren’t useful at higher HQ levels so you’re best bet is put all your contraband towards your Droideka.
Crystals - The pay-to-win resource, allows you to instantly complete construction of buildings or units, and purchase more droids (builders).

Buildings - Imperial

Headquarters - You have to have a headquarters. Its level determines how many of the other structures you can build.
Squad Center – Becomes paramount to your defense at higher HQ levels. Troops donated by squad members deploy from here when enemy units enter its radius. Its absolutely hilarious when low HQ level players get donated level IX Snipers.
Droid Hut - Houses your builder droids. You can purchase more droids with crystals. The third droid costs 500 crystals, so save up!
Credit Market/Alloy Refinery - Passive accumulation of credits or alloy. Check the cost/benefit of upgrading these, because the resource increase isn't linear (ie: going from level 3->4 is better than 4->5.)
Credit Vault/Alloy Depot - Storage of your resources.
Contraband Trade Port – Generates contraband.
Contraband Safehouse – Stores contraband. You are still only allowed one of these, so guard it well.
Cantina – Builds mercenaries
Barracks - Builds infantry
Factory - Builds vehicles
Unit Transport - The level of your transports determines how many units you can have in your army
Hero Command - Allows you to build veteran AT-ST or AT-ATs (Think Barbarian King or Archer Queen). Upgrading allows you to field more Heroes.
Starship Command - You can build TIE fighters and bombers to strafe your enemies. Upgrading allows you to field more starships.
Research Lab - Paying the nerds inside a bunch of credits allows you to beef up your units, even Heroes and Starships.

Defensive Structures

A unique innovation of SWC is that unlike CoC where you have a certain amount of cannons, archer towers, wizard towers, etc per Town Hall level, in SWC your total amount of defensive turrets is limited by your HQ and you can mix and match whichever ones you want, up to the total limit. You can even switch them out by paying with alloy.

Rapid Fire Turrets – Range 10, Single Target. Your basic turret. "Good general purpose, single target, medium damage turret that is moderately good against most targets." You start with this turret, and they're pretty OK.
Mortar Turret – Range 4-11, Area of Effect. Slow firing AOE turret. "Moderate damage to a medium area. They are most effective against clustered infantry." Great for killing the stupid infantry AI in this game.
Burst Turret – Range 9, Single Target. Basically a pillbox garrisoned by infantry. You don't actually have to put troops in here though. "Highly effective against single targets, but struggle against large groups of enemies."
Rocket Turret – Range 10, Single Target. gently caress hovertanks so hard with these. Fantastic against singe vehicles, weak against massed infantry.
Sonic Cannon Turret – Range 10, Area of Effect. These discharge a concussive wave of sound, highly effective against screening strategies. Has a slow rate of fire.
Walls - Explanatory, and major alloy dump.
Shield Generator - Another unique difference from CoC. These are just like the shield generators from that terrible Star Wars movie with Jar Jar Binks. You can place them to cover up your defensive turrets so there's another layer that your enemies have to chew through before getting to them.
TIE Fighter Trap – Triggers when enemy troops get too close. A TIE Fighter is called to strike at the trap location, dealing high damage over a small area.
TIE Bomber Trap – Same as the fighter trap but it deals area of effect damage over a moderate area.
IDT Trap – Like a regular trap but an Imperial Dropship Transport is called in to deploy Stormtroopers, providing mobile defensive reinforcements at that location.
Droideka Sentinel Platform – Houses and repairs the Droideka, which is similar in behavior to a Barb Queen in CoC but is highly mobile. The Droideka can only be repaired when you have a construction droid free.

Units - Imperial

Ready to kill some rebel scum? So you have four buildings that can produce units - Barracks, Factory, Hero Command, and Starship Command. Your unit limit is determined by your Unit Transport levels, but they don't include Hero units or Starship units.

Infantry
Stormtroopers - Dumb as hell, fragile as hell, but only take up one unit slot. Shoot at the nearest thing to them. One unit slot.
Phase II Dark Trooper - Still dumb, a lot tougher than Stormtroopers, and take up 4 unit slots. They like to shoot at defensive structures. Great for using as a screen when you’ve got heavy vehicles coming after them.
Scout Troopers - Twice as fast as Stormtroopers or Dark Troopers, these guys go straight for resources. One unit slot.
Dewback Troopers - Stormtroopers riding dewbacks. Slower than scouts but faster than Stormtroopers or Dark Troopers. They like to ride their dewbacks straight through walls and headbutt the poo poo out of defensive structures. Deals AOE damage, requires 3 unit slots.
Repair Droid - Fast and heal, prefers to heal vehicles. Unlockable at Barracks level 5. Fragile and extremely susceptible to mortars. Four unit slots.
Heavy Stormtrooper - Has a rapid fire blaster cannon. Just as dumb as Stormtroopers but with more DPS. Unlockable at Barracks level 6. Four unit slots.
Sniper Trooper - Scout trooper with a long range blaster. Low HP and slow - they'll murder opponent heroes and vehicles. If dropped on opponent with an active droideka, they will bee-line for the droideka. Requires Barracks level 7. Seven unit slots.
Shock Trooper - Long range wall breaker, they have a rocket launcher that is good at blowing up walls, but poo poo at killing turrets. They're also handy for taking out traps.
Jump Trooper – Jetpack guys who hover over walls and are invulnerable to mortar turrets.

Vehicles
Speeder Bike - Basically a fast stormtrooper. Fragile and dumb, takes up 6 unit slots.
AT-ST Walker - Pretty fast, good DPS, decent HP. Excellent unit for getting you through the campaigns, but takes up 10 unit slots.
2-M Hover Tank - I liked these until I upgraded my AT-STs, and they just can't keep up. They're tougher than AT-STs, but much slower and more expensive.
AT-MP - Missile launching walker. Pretty terrible, bad AI and takes up 15 unit slots!
AT-AT - Walking death. loving cool as hell the first time you use it, since it can wipe out a base by itself... unless the timer counts down before it can walk to everything. Slow as hell and takes up THIRTY unit slots. Twice the price of an AT-ST. The Veteran AT-AT has a longer range than the standard AT-AT so take that into consideration when deploying your troops.
Probe Droid - Fast and likes to kill infantry. Requires Factory level 6. Four Unit slots required.
Mobile Heavy Cannon - Evil six legged spider thing with a huge AOE cannon on the back. Murders other vehicles with ease, but slow as hell. 12 unit slots required.
MTV-7 – Fast like a scout trooper but more hardy. Highly susceptible to rocket turrets but awesome for resource raiding. If you’re a little poo poo like me use these guys in conjunction with the Vet AT-AT, TIES, and Dark Troopers to snipe people’s resources.

Mercenaries
Gamorrean Warrior – Piggy with an axe, otherwise known as the gonorrhean warrior. Melees turrets until it dies and then throws its axe for some splash damage.
Twi’lek Incinerator – Tentacle girl with a flamethrower. Sets poo poo on fire until she dies, then explodes Kamikaze style.

Hero Units
Veteran AT-ST - poo poo ton of DPS, fast moving, lots of HP
Veteran AT-AT - Even more DPS and HP than the ST, but very slow. The vet AT-AT has a longer range than the standard AT-AT so its great for breaching defenses. It will actually out-range rocket turrets if it isn't going straight for a shield generator like a dumbass.
Veteran AT-AT - Slow as hell, does a bunch of DPS and loves to kill shield generators. Out-ranges defensive turrets if you deploy it correctly but it’ll still make stupid pathing decisions.

Starships
TIE Fighter – Still the all-around best choice for PvP, just make sure you lead your target. The TIE Fighter will deal a high amount of damage over a small area so it’s great for taking out singular targets. I use these to snipe rocket turrets so my AT-ATs have an easier time dealing with defenses.
TIE Inteceptor – Great for taking out walls but that’s about it.
TIE Bomber - Same as the fighter, except a bigger AOE splash when they bomb. Best against traps and turrets.
TIE Advanced – Best against shields.
TIE Defender – Best against clustered turrets.
Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) – The idea behind this was to be able to insert troops inside an enemy base ... where they will immediately get slaughtered. Requires Starship Command IX but you’re not missing much.
VT-49 Decimator – Drops napalm so its best against enemy droops deploying from squad centers.

Attacking

Campaign
Currently there's 11 chapters available in campaign mode. Getting 100% of the stars available gives you bonus crystals! Decent source of income/crystals while at low levels. You're better off raiding for credits/alloy though.

Other Players
This game is filled with some terrible bases. Gorge yourself on the resources of your enemies!

Rebel Alliance players - I'm sure that the units are basically the same, but someone that plays Rebel feel free to write up and I'll add it to the OP.

Empire Campaign Guide

It's a good introduction on how to play the game and you get to run into that douchebag, Commander Kosh! There's a good mix of attacking enemies, defending your own base, and upgrades required to move on through them. If you get 100% of the stars in a chapter you get bonus crystals! Here's a quick guide on what you'll need to upgrade and when.

Chapter 2-1 - Build 25 total wall pieces
2-3 - Have a level 2 Unit Transport
2-5 - Have at least 2 Credit Markets
3-1 - Have 4 total turrets (requires HQ level 2)
3-3 - Have a Factory
3-5 - Have 2 level 2 Credit Markets
4-2 - Have 2 level 2 Barracks
4-5 - Have a level 2 Alloy Depot
4-7 - Have 2 level 2 Rapid Fire Turrets
4-9 - Have level 3 Headquarters
5-1 - Have a Mortar Turret
5-2 - Have a level 3 Barracks
5-7 - Have 6 total turrets
5-10 - Have 2 level 2 Unit Transports
6-1 - Have 3 level 3 Alloy Refineries
6-2 - Have a Research Lab
6-4 - Have at least 12 level 3 walls
6-7 - Have 3 level 3 Credit Markets
7-4 - Have level 4 Headquarters
7-6 - Have a Hero Command
7-12 - Have level 2 Research Lab
7-13 - Have level 2 Hero Command
8-3 - Have 2 level 4 Unit Transports
8-7 - Have level 4 Barracks
9-1 - Have level 4 Factory

Triggs fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Base Layouts
There is no perfect combination of turrets that will defend against everything. While some of the principles of defense from CoC carry over to SWC, it will take a long time before you settle on any one layout that you're content with. You will probably have to redesign your base with every increase in HQ level since the threats change dramatically as you go higher up. At lower HQ levels you can get away with lots of rapid fire turrets and more rocket turrets; at HQ9, you need a majority of burst and mortars to deal with medbot spam.

HQ9: Farming

This layout has done pretty well so far. Generally, putting your squad center in the middle of your base with shields as protection will afford the most protection for your resources. I gave up on caring about medals a long time ago, so my HQ is out in the open for anyone to snipe and give me a free shield.

HQ9: Farming

Triggs fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 16, 2015

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Solid OP. Too much focus on the imperial side but I don't know if any active rebels are still around.

There was an update a few days ago, but I'm not sure what it did.

Do we really need three imperial squads? Probably a good idea to consolidate.

Suave Fedora posted:

I promoted: ShittyRapper (Drake), Triggs

The Request to Join from TrainLoverDude fell off the page, so I couldn't bring him in. Retry, dude!

The group roster is at 25/30. I won't start booting until we get full and I'll be looking at last logins.

Just so that the uninformed assholes know, every once in a while I will randomly fill my barracks with nothing but dewbacks and will not do any fighting or dispensing of snipers until that supply is exhausted. This is to raise dewback awareness. I may or may not warn you ahead of time.

Business aside, while I am still interested in the game, I'm not playing as much as I used to (blame Fallout 3) so if anyone would like to try their hand at leading, let me know.

Truly we're entering the Dark Ages of the Empire.

TrainLoverDude is in, but I suspect he's a pubbie edit: nope, false alarm. Not a big deal as long as he donates snipers. I said SNIPERS.

seravid fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 7, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Excellent OP. This game keeps me coming back for that dopamine hit when I wipe out a rebel base. I'm Drake in game and will happily accept invites etc.

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
mantistoboggan here, so when my base gets attacked by another player, will my buildings come back? Or they gone for good?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Hamsalad posted:

mantistoboggan here, so when my base gets attacked by another player, will my buildings come back? Or they gone for good?

Nah man they respawn in a few seconds. They can and do steal your credits and metal though.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
And at that, they can only loot a certain % of your resources. I think it's 20% or something.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
A new update is out! Version 3.0.3 updates:
* Base Relocation - Build and upgrade a Planetary Command building to scout out new worlds and move your base across the galaxy!
* Galaxy Map - Explore the galaxy, gather intel on your allies and rivals, and see the status of worlds in conflict.
* World Conflicts - Fight for your faction in ongoing tournament-style conflicts on each world and earn Loot Bonuses that pay out when you battle rivals.
* Additional worlds include Dandoran, Er’Kit, Yavin 4, and Hoth!
* Stability improvements

My first PvP battle ended with the countdown timer sitting at 0 and the game hanging, so servers are still catching up. The developers finally added new worlds with different tournaments for each world. The ability for squad battles is still absent, but with the release of the new Star Wars film in December I would bet this app will see lots of added content. If you want to preview the new worlds, open up the leaderboards and visit the top scorers.

More detailed release notes:

quote:

Game Update 7/15/16

Commanders,

Today we are launching our latest update for Star Wars: Commander. Below, you will find information for this release.

Chapter II: Planetary Maneuvers

The Galactic Civil War continues to rage on. The Rebels, keeping on the move, scour the galaxy for locations to set up secret bases to launch attacks, while The Empire commences its quest to seek out and eliminate Rebel forces and restore order to the galaxy.

The Galactic Empire has dealt a series of blows to the Rebel Alliance, scattering their forces and heroes across the galaxy. But the Rebels are not so easily beaten. With the conflict at its apex, both factions seek to double their efforts and come out victorious.

Your skills and commitment to your faction as a Commander on TATOOINE have not gone unnoticed by your leaders, and you will be required to serve a larger role in the Galactic War. An expansion of your command is in order, and with that responsibility come the tools to do so. Erect a Planetary Command in your base to gather galactic intel and relocate your base and forces to new worlds in conflict.

Your faction is depending on your strategic know how, commitment, and combat skills to turn the tides of each conflict you encounter along your journey to victory!

Features

World Relocation

Move to other planets by building the Planetary Command building (unlocked at HQ5).

Planets available at launch: Er’Kit, Dandoran, Yavin 4, & Hoth.
Earn stars in PvP by battling rivals on your current world to be able to relocate your base between unlocked worlds freely.

Galaxy Map

The Planetary Command grants a view of the galaxy, providing tactical intel into the status of Conflicts throughout the galaxy. Here, you’ll be able to see how many players are on a planet, who is winning on a planet, and where you lie in the rankings.

Updated Play Menu

Viewing the Play Menu by tapping the Play Button now showcases your current world. This updated menu can also be accessed through the Galaxy Map and will surface {Show, Visualize, Appear} information relevant to each world, such as friends and squadmates on the world, and also Conflicts and event times.

Worlds In Conflict

The Conflict rages on! Compete in tournament-style World Conflicts on a rotating schedule between the available worlds in the galaxy.

PvP Victory Loot Bonus

Placement in a medal tier at the end of a World Conflict rewards loot bonuses! For a number of days after the conflict, earn a loot bonus for any victory scored against your rivals in PvP. Note: Loot bonus does not come from a defender’s resources, but is an added bonus for winning a PvP battle.

Improvements

Local Leaderboards

Be a leader! Leaderboards now surface {Show, Visualize, Appear} all Commanders, regardless of rank by displaying other leaders relevant to your current rank, in addition to the top 50 Commanders.

Squad Donation Surfacing {Show, Visualize, Appear}

Now you’ll know when you’ve received donated troops, and from whom they were donated. With a log kept in chat as well as upon returning to the game, both the surfacing {Show, Visualize, Appear} and messaging of troop donations will be much more clear.

Fixes

Fixed an issue where traps appear when visiting a player’s base (found by tapping around).
Fixed an issue where the Starship Command building would not list the capacity above the building in base view mode.
Fixed an issue where players could deploy starships after a defensive story battle ends.
Fixed an issue where contracts for troops training would occasionally cause desyncs.
Fixed an issue where units with clip retargeting would not retarget if they were shooting shields.
Fixed an issue where donations would not complete if the player closed the donation window before donations were fully sent.
Fixed an issue where units would occasionally freeze in place during an attack.
Fixed an issue where MHC/Hailfire droids would not properly path.
Fixed multiple squad issues where players would see duplicate, incorrect ordering, or “Elder”-tagged messages in squad chat.
Fixed multiple edge cases where donations to other players would not properly go through to that player.
Fixed an issue where medic droids would attach to a Droideka Sentinel.
Fixed an issue where players would not see the “Next” button when searching for attackable bases.

Triggs fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 16, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Holy poo poo, that's huge.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That sounds pretty awesome. Might just fire my base back up :getin:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

PvP Victory Loot Bonus

Placement in a medal tier at the end of a World Conflict rewards loot bonuses! For a number of days after the conflict, earn a loot bonus for any victory scored against your rivals in PvP. Note: Loot bonus does not come from a defender’s resources, but is an added bonus for winning a PvP battle.

They're actually injecting resources into the economy :captainpop:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Didn't know there was a thread for this game. I'm only at HQ7, but I just completely redesigned my base after I was getting attacked any time I didn't have a shield up. I think I'm doing an okay job, because I haven't been attacked once in the week since I did it, and that was through a tournament.

Main thought was to keep my resource buildings protected and keep soldiers distracted by random who cares buildings outside of the walls. And all my guns are turrets and mortars because it's the only thing that's kept me from getting my poo poo wrecked in the past, always clustering a few of each together With the new setup I might want to rethink that, though.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 16, 2015

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Hoth? Hoth with 4 AT-ATs? I'm loving in.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Didn't know there was a thread for this game. I'm only at HQ7, but I just completely redesigned my base after I was getting attacked any time I didn't have a shield up. I think I'm doing an okay job, because I haven't been attacked once in the week since I did it, and that was through a tournament.

Main thought was to keep my resource buildings protected and keep soldiers distracted by random who cares buildings outside of the walls. And all my guns are turrets and mortars because it's the only thing that's kept me from getting my poo poo wrecked in the past, always clustering a few of each together With the new setup I might want to rethink that, though.

Join the squad (R2D2Poor4Crystal), dummy; turrets are a fool's game, snipers are all you need to defend your base (very useful on the offensive too). Still, clusters of mortars are your best bet against the ubiquitous med+heavy combo but, as soon as you hit HQ9, I recommend you invest heavily on Sonic Cannons. They're awesome.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

seravid posted:

Join the squad (R2D2Poor4Crystal), dummy; turrets are a fool's game, snipers are all you need to defend your base (very useful on the offensive too). Still, clusters of mortars are your best bet against the ubiquitous med+heavy combo but, as soon as you hit HQ9, I recommend you invest heavily on Sonic Cannons. They're awesome.

Alright, application sent to join.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Alright, application sent to join.

And you're in.

By the way, I take back my compliment about the devs finally doing something to fix the economy. For regular players, a top 5% ranking should be within reach, but that will only net you 6.3k of gold and alloy (and 0 contraband!) per victory in pvp battles for a to-be-determined amount of time. In my case, that would be 30k gold and alloy a day, tops. That won't even cover the cost of skipping all the useless bases until I find a decent one, let alone help pay for my lvl 9 shields (3 million a piece!).

On the whale side of things, the top 0.1% (zero point one percent) will be rewarded 22k of gold and alloy and 900 contraband per victory. That would still be peanuts for me, but for the paying customer who rushes armies and plays on average 20~30 battles a day, it's a nice chunk of resources. Resources they have no use for since they buy crystals for everything and have maxxed-out bases :haw:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So I relocated to Yavin 4, and suddenly I'm attacking level 9 bases? I'm level 7 and getting blasted by sonic cannons. I don't stand a chance. Have I made a horrible mistake relocating somewhere with so few targets they match me with whomever they can? Or do they not actually use HQ level to match?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
As of last night each of the new planets had just over 50k players on them, so I'm guessing higher level/more active players are congregating there.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anyone have a good base layout for HQ8? I wish to get owned less. Also Hoth rules. They just need to improve performance and loading times now.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Anyone have a good base layout for HQ8? I wish to get owned less. Also Hoth rules. They just need to improve performance and loading times now.

Is the squad center permanently filled with snipers and placed right smack in the middle of your base? If not, that's the first thing to fix. Also, the last. You're welcome!

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

seravid posted:

Is the squad center permanently filled with snipers and placed right smack in the middle of your base? If not, that's the first thing to fix. Also, the last. You're welcome!

This is a very good strat that also makes for amazing defensive replays.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Also, gently caress medals. If you really don't want to get attacked keep losing them till you hit zero.

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
Applied to R2D2Poor as Labratio. I'm just starting, but I promise to post replays!

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
Quick question: In a lot of other games (see: CoC) there's a HQ level that you might want to "rush" to. What's that for SWC? I have the feeling that I'm taking way too long with my HQ3, especially if I want to upgrade walls as I go.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Labratio posted:

Quick question: In a lot of other games (see: CoC) there's a HQ level that you might want to "rush" to. What's that for SWC? I have the feeling that I'm taking way too long with my HQ3, especially if I want to upgrade walls as I go.

7 is the tier you get snipers in but I've always upgraded stuff pretty evenly outside walls and never had a problem and I'm t8 now, my walls are t6.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Shields are a pretty big game changer, I think that's when you get AT-ATs too.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

In R2D2poor4crystal, it is dewback awareness month; please show your awareness by unleashing every available dewback upon unsuspecting rebel scum as often as possible. :getin:

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I just downloaded this on my PC thanks to Windows 8, but I can't find R2D2Poor4Crystal when I search for squads. Could the game use different servers for PC / phone users?

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training

Mash posted:

I just downloaded this on my PC thanks to Windows 8, but I can't find R2D2Poor4Crystal when I search for squads. Could the game use different servers for PC / phone users?

Yeah, its looking pretty different. I tinkered with it on my Windows 10 machine, and it looks to be behind a few updates, at the very least. Old load screen, no suggestion of the ability to hop planets, etc.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wait, there's a version for Windows? Do you manage the same base from the mobile device somehow? Or is it a different account altogether (which I'm assuming)?

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, there's a version for Windows? Do you manage the same base from the mobile device somehow? Or is it a different account altogether (which I'm assuming)?

Entirely different, and behind by at least one update; like my last post said, it's got the old load screen, and I didn't notice any sign of the Galactic Conflict stuff, but I stopped at the point where they ask you to pick a side (just in case somebody decides to make a Goon Squad for it).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Looks like the Empire is winning this fight.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Good God almighty, it takes forever to upgrade walls. I'm at 200,000 per wall unit, and I feel like I'll be upgrading for months before I get them all.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
So, I just started playing this --- anyone still active?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

railroad terror posted:

So, I just started playing this --- anyone still active?

Yes, join R2D2poor4crystal. There's a good group of us in there.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

thrawn527 posted:

Yes, join R2D2poor4crystal. There's a good group of us in there.
beep boop requested to join. This game is a good time waster, I'm enjoying it. My stormtroopers are very stupid

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is this really loving clash of clans?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dizz posted:

Is this really loving clash of clans?

A re-skin of it, more or less.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Ive only been playing for a week (this is my first time playing any Clash of Clans type game) but man there is nothing more satisfying than defending your base, denying the person any stars, then revenging with 100% damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training

Icon Of Sin posted:

Looks like the Empire is winning this fight.

Been meaning to ask; how do you see this? I've poked around in the drat game and can never see who's winning.

• Locked thread