Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tfunk
Dec 20, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mulaney Power Move posted:

can u fish off the bridge

I caught some walleyes there yesterday

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol the golden gate has suicide nets so its virtually impossible to kill yourself by jumping off it

whoops I forgot about those. well it was a very popular suicide spot

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rest stop in Newark posted:

everyone post your favorite bridge name misconceptions

the mackinac bridge is way better than the golden gate bridge in every way, golden gate is basically some dumbass poo poo for mra spergs, it has the fail kind of suspension cable and I call it the gamergate bridge to see who even notices lol. anyway it's pronounced mackinaw and I love it, oh my god this is a great bridge. I want to kiss the mackinac bridge and maybe gently caress it a little bit. Good bye.

----------------

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Ralp posted:

the mackinac bridge is way better than the golden gate bridge in every way, golden gate is basically some dumbass poo poo for mra spergs, it has the fail kind of suspension cable and I call it the gamergate bridge to see who even notices lol. anyway it's pronounced mackinaw and I love it, oh my god this is a great bridge. I want to kiss the mackinac bridge and maybe gently caress it a little bit. Good bye.

if you love it so much them why dont you marry it, since you can do that now

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ralp posted:

oh word?

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post :) here is to many more :cheersdoge:
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some badges

in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more hosed up and long.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
if you try to jump to your death off of the sf-oakland bay bridge a low flying aircraft will zip by and grab your belt buckle with a powerful magnet

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol the golden gate has suicide nets so its virtually impossible to kill yourself by jumping off it

a tactical roll out of the net solves this problem. or a knife or some scissors

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I no longer wonder why cash is so important to that Wu-Tane Clan!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Dude, i enjoy bridges as much as the next goon, but only in a good normal way where i memorize all bridge names and locations and max capacities and time of last maintenance and suicide statistics and alternate routes and chief engineer and year of construction and year of renovation and know enough to make ownage bridge jokes, not in some sperg way

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wow, 15 dollars, i think i will swim lol

ButtPoopPoopyyGoku3
Aug 10, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

wow, 15 dollars, i think i will swim lol

ButtPoopPoopyyGoku3
Aug 10, 2009
lol

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

suicide nets are yet another reason that a knife is an essential part of your edc

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
the sunshine skyway bridge is the second most ironic bridge to kill yourself from, after the infamous happy funtimes bridge in kissimmee FL

----------------

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
bridge => A===========A

troubled water => ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

I no longer wonder why cash is so important to that Wu-Tane Clan!

suble tane

----------------

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007

Dat Nigga Kak posted:

bridge => A===========A

troubled water => ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A===========A
  V
   |
 ^----^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

----------------

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

iks making fun if me again

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tthe varrazano narrows bridge

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007
how much do you turn down the lowering on the drawbridge when you want to let a ship pass through?

----------------

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Kevin Sorbo posted:

A===========A
  V
   |
 ^----^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i was going to do this but apparently the golden gate bridge, or gg bridge, has nets now

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

bridge noob here

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

this isn't possible

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Kevin Sorbo posted:

how much do you turn down the lowering on the drawbridge when you want to let a ship pass through?

a drawbridge isn't a real bridge

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007

clammy posted:

a drawbridge isn't a real bridge

sometimes it is a bridge. sometimes it is nothing.

----------------

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Kevin Sorbo posted:

it's never a bridge. when it's down it's just a ramp or gangplank

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007

clammy posted:

it's never a bridge. when it's down it's just a ramp or gangplank

----------------

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007
this thing in morocco's house doesn't stick out a window and leak water everywhere. its just grates in the floor that put out cold air. that must not be air conditioning that he can turn up when he wants his house cooler.

----------------

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007
\____/ time to take a nap in the noob futon

----------------

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Kevin Sorbo posted:

this thing in morocco's house doesn't stick out a window and leak water everywhere. its just grates in the floor that put out cold air. that must not be air conditioning that he can turn up when he wants his house cooler.

that's central air, which is different from air conditioning. it's called a heat pump.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

that's a bascule bridge

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Kevin Sorbo posted:

you sound like a sperg

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

you sound like a sperg

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post :) here is to many more :cheersdoge:
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some badges

in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more hosed up and long.

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

clammy posted:

that's central air, which is different from air conditioning. it's called a heat pump.

no

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ugh... bridge trolls

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

under the bridge

Kevin Sorbo
Jul 1, 2007

you sound like a sperg

?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

under the bridge

Frusciante chose the chords he played in the introduction to balance out the depressing nature of the lyrics, saying "my brain interpreted it as being a really sad song so I thought if the lyrics are really sad like that I should write some chords that are happier".[10]

• Locked thread