Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm down for starting or waiting. If we start now, do the three remaining teams just vanish? Do we give them BPA until somebody takes them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If we're just judging teams against each other I think the exercise is still honest with -3 teams

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

If we're just judging teams against each other I think the exercise is still honest with -3 teams

yeah it's not like there's 10 teams who will just wind up looking like olympic rosters, 27 teams is a lot and I feel like with how flaky people tend to be with this sorta stuff that dragging it out risks having some drop out/straight up forget they're signed up for it

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aren't some of you bums unemployed enough to draft 2 teams?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Stickarts can have the Bruins. The Rangers will draft according to the BPA's Corsi, the Capitals will draft according to the BPA's boxcars.

Let it be known that RAS and WAS fans should both be ashamed of themselves.

The draft stars Saturday morning.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its still cool if we make the pick and do the writeup later right? Only asking because Im going to be in Niagara Falls Saturday and can make the pick via phone and just do a writeup when I get home that evening.

Lets get it on! :toot:

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Its still cool if we make the pick and do the writeup later right? Only asking because Im going to be in Niagara Falls Saturday and can make the pick via phone and just do a writeup when I get home that evening.

Lets get it on! :toot:

No and it has to be at least 1,000 words

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

tofes posted:

Let it be known that RAS and WAS fans should both be ashamed of themselves.

The draft stars Saturday morning.

You mean you're actually picking a start time and not just starting the draft once #30 joins up and complaining that people don't pick fast enough? Perhaps I should be the ghost of Glen Sather.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm going camping tomorrow and returning Sunday, will I be back in time for my first pick?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hopefully I can use my first two picks to grab Henrik Lundqvist and Derek Stepan this year.
They were indispensable cornerstones last time around.

But for real, gently caress building for the future this time around. We want the cup and we want it now!

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 23, 2015

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm running an ultra on Saturday / Sunday. Can you flip (does someone else want to flip) my pick with someone late in the draft? Means I don't get to take Crosby again, but if not there'll be a pretty big delay.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Zodijackylite posted:

You mean you're actually picking a start time and not just starting the draft once #30 joins up and complaining that people don't pick fast enough? Perhaps I should be the ghost of Glen Sather.

Are you saying you'll take the Rags?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm going camping tomorrow and returning Sunday, will I be back in time for my first pick?

The Flames pick 26th so it'll probably be a couple days after we start before you have to pick

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm running an ultra on Saturday / Sunday. Can you flip (does someone else want to flip) my pick with someone late in the draft? Means I don't get to take Crosby again, but if not there'll be a pretty big delay.

Can't you give someone a 4 person list?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

tofes posted:

Can't you give someone a 4 person list?

No because I hate all of you. (honestly I'll just post my list here on Friday I guess)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm gonna draft such a team awwww yeah

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

No because I hate all of you. (honestly I'll just post my list here on Friday I guess)

If that doesn't work out or you don't wanna give someone a list for whatever reason I'd be down to swap pick slots with you (i pick 18th)

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

No swapping picks but I guess you can swap teams if you want

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy crap, I pick TWENTY THIRD? That's like my third year in a row of picking in the bottom third of this stupid thing. :smith:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

10th overall is ok i guess.

should we just pick a coach alongside our first pick or what

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Technetium posted:

Yeah sure give the first guy (not) picking Crosby and their choice of coach why not (Bylsma).

I just hope my coach doesn't favour veterans over hot young studs and doesn't have trouble adjusting in the playoffs like oh every coach in the league.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Technetium posted:

You can pick your coach whenever you want but it will be your pick for that round

My guess is we won't see coaches picked for a while

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jordan7hm posted:

If you want, you can send it to me. I pick 5th so it's not like I can poach whoever you were gonna take, and that way we get two picks done in relatively quick fashion.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Why not pick coaches either first round (maybe reverse the order so the number one pick doesn't also get the first coach pick) or the last round?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

You've really hosed my average draft position, Tofes.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

lazerwolf posted:

Why not pick coaches either first round (maybe reverse the order so the number one pick doesn't also get the first coach pick) or the last round?

Because deciding when to pick a coach is interesting

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

I'm gonna draft such a team awwww yeah

My team idea could beat up your team idea. :colbert:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Aw yeah I'm the champ

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Holy gently caress second place. I could finally nab Getzlaf!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How has nobody taken the Rangers? They're picking first and SAS is full of Rags fans willing to write long boring essays about the merits of Chris Kreider's elite goalie screening skills.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Stickarts posted:

Holy gently caress second place. I could finally nab Getzlaf!

Who needs Crosby when you could have Getzlaf, known best hockey player in the world

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shouldn't the spread sheet be snaking?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No I think me picking high every round is appropriate and good.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I think something got crossed - I shoul have the woeful Washington Caps and the Sharks should be getting autopicked on basis of boxcars.

Habibi posted:

I was the Sharks last year so let's stick with the theme of optimism curdling into sadness and pick the Washington Bernie Sanders Capitals of America.

E: wouldn't you know it, they even pick 14/15.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 24, 2015

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

haha yeah I just hosed it up!!!!!

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

eXXon posted:

How has nobody taken the Rangers? They're picking first and SAS is full of Rags fans willing to write long boring essays about the merits of Chris Kreider's elite goalie screening skills.

I know right

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

eXXon posted:

I like to imagine they are all afraid of showing us that they are no better than Sather at drafting. :v:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I sent Infidel Castro a list.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

When does it start?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Tomorrow at 7 AM but I'll probably post the Rangers' pick tonight so I don't have to get up early

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

tofes posted:

Tomorrow at 7 AM but I'll probably post the Rangers' pick tonight so I don't have to get up early

7 EST?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

It needs to be 10ET, I'm not waking up at 4am for this.

• Locked thread