Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

jre posted:

Inter ness ?

They're pure unadulterated shite.

Teams that win cup games 7-0 however, are categorically Not Shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

I meant to watch the game last night but fell asleep really early. Dreamt it was 1 nil County. Woke up and it was even better. Sorry Coohoolin ;)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin, can you please tweet some support of Celtic in the next 45 minutes or so? I'd like another cup final, thanks.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

I don't tweet, but posting on SA seems to have the same effect? Ehm mon the hoops come on bhoys i just can't get enough lol celtic will walk it.

That good enough?

Considering the first minute of this game, I hope so! :(

(and sorry, I meant post, but I was arranging all my tweetdeck columns for football rather than politics so apparently it bled over)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

See! Win win situation. Well, looking at the timestamp of when you posted and what's happened since, yep, you're officially my new good luck charm!
I hope we can nobble a couple of them for you, though we're not always a very physical team.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Right, every non-Aberdeen game we have I am coming to you from now on big man!

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin if you want to come to the cup final I can assure you of a very warm welcome :D

I was convinced we were going to get trounced when I saw the team lineup to be honest. Stunned and delighted.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

You want me to sit in a Ross County section yelling mon the hibs? Ehmm not sure.

You can post it to SA on your phone.
Though, to be honest, County fans are a famously peaceable bunch. There were a lot of pictures on twitter today showing how there were way more stewards around the Green Brigade than around the entire County support.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

jre posted:

You fucker acaila :argh:

I'm getting Josh Lyman to support Ross County in the final

So sorry ;)

EDIT: I think you've already jinxed us. County have just got Goodwillie on loan til the end of the season. Rape charges and all. Not. loving. happy.

Acaila fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 1, 2016

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

You're welcome to him back. I think this means that Craig Curran is going to be out for a while unfortunately :(

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

DrWrestling69 posted:

We can't stop here. This is ross country.

The irony being that County fans are probably the most placid ever seen in the SPL. The return journey from Haymarket to Hampden on trains hoaching with hibees was something of an eyeopener.

Still, I suppose I should be surfacing now after four days of celebration. Only former Highland League team to win a national cup woop woop!

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

"The sporting jealousy that always marked our smaller, less successful rivals has been replaced by an intellectually empty, sneering, faux moral superiority."
The (most undeserved) moral superiority always seems to come from Rangers. Like, Hibs fans were easily most at fault on Sunday (you can take your "exuberant" pish and shove it), though there were a (far smaller, but with no motivation beyond a rammy) number of Rangers fans getting involved too. But the way Rangers has responded, rather than staying quiet and letting that speak for itself, they seem to alternate between getting fits of the vapours about how "vile", "disgusting", and other words straight out the tabloids, the Hibs fans were with not a hint of self-awareness of their own usual behaviour or the stuff they were singing; or saying that their poor wee darlings can't be blamed for joining a rammy because they were "provoked".

"It’s time to accept the facts, Rangers fans are the same as any other group." Naw, they're insufferable cunts, and the fact that there are a small number of other teams (I'd say 5 teams out of 42 based purely on personal experience) with insufferable cunts for supporters does not excuse that. I've really not missed this while they (and Hibs, and Hearts up until this year because they've got a heap of arseholes in their support an' all) haven't been in the Premier. It's quite sad watching the Hibs players and staff trying to celebrate their win, with all these drunken wankers running up to them to proclaim their undying love.

What a pile of pish, and we've no doubt got more of it to look forward to next year.

I see a Rangers fan got attacked on the platform at Haymarket later that night as well. I remember hearing there was trouble with Hibees on our train back post League Cup final too, though I just had one guy congratulate me after seeing my County shirt on the way out, which was rather more in the spirit of things. Still, thank gently caress I've got my car now and I can drive to away games.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

The goalposts got broken, the playing surface looks a state having been ripped up (and I know a pitch that's in a state considering what ours was like by the end of our first season in the Premier!), the teams had to come off the field rather than celebrate, and a whole load of folk got into a fight that wouldn't have happened in the stands because they have a line of stewards at the end of sections of fans, and usually a gap between them so they don't get anywhere near each other in the stands.
Unnecessary fuckwittery and totally embarassing.

Don't worry 'Hoolin, any numpty Gers fans will see the union jack under my avatar and assume I'm good ;)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

I dunno I feel like a pitch invasion would be fun.

Overrated. You feel like a bit of a fanny when you have to get yourself back afterwards.
(Yes, I'm a dirty hypocrite, but in my defence I was 11 and, unlike usual matches, not under parental supervision at the time but on a junior supporters club trip. And Glebe Park in Brechin is hardly Hampden)

I just went to go and find pics of that game, and ended up on a blog article talking about Rangers playing Ross County for the first time since 1966, and how it brought up religious controversy in Dingwall! Despite attempts to get the game moved from the Sunday it had been scheduled for for tv reasons, our very devout chairman ended up boycotting because he didn't agree with having football matches on the sabbath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

They also take players and such off the field for their safety, so they don't get to celebrate. Clubs get fined for them too IIRC, so if you'd rather potential player wages got wasted on that, fair dos.

• Locked thread