Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah it's boring to rob trains like in a western and the other crazy poo poo you do in that game. Shut the gently caress up idiot.

You need to calm down, fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can see how someone can think it's boring, since the world is essentially "empty", but I never got tired of riding around enjoying the scenery and hunting poo poo. I guess I just like the setting way more than a modern city since I've gotten bored of every single GTA game within 2 hours. I'm replaying RDR right now and I'm still having a blast being a cowboy.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I thought riding around was cool too and I like westerns so I enjoyed that poo poo but I would get disappointed when I would discover a house or a mine or a fort and there's nothing there, those are perfect places to put some cool lore or a little side quest. It's not specifically a rdr problem it's a gta thing but it's more noticeable here because there is more wilderness and empty space

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can see how someone can think it's boring, since the world is essentially "empty", but I never got tired of riding around enjoying the scenery and hunting poo poo. I guess I just like the setting way more than a modern city since I've gotten bored of every single GTA game within 2 hours. I'm replaying RDR right now and I'm still having a blast being a cowboy.

That's basically how I felt about it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Multi was fun but the weapon progression made it frustrating, again another gta in general problem i have w them

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hell, I even thought being exiled to Mexico and helping around on the farm were cool.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hogs ate my horse twice but I got the bastards back.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Work ya drat nag!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I read a thing on how the way you progress through different areas represents the way the style of western movies evolved, a good touch

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the main problem with red dead redemption is that theres not more of it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Work ya drat nag!

When I play open world games I try to do all of the side missions and stuff before beating the main game. I'm really glad I did this for RDR because I probably would have hated to play as Jack for more than the 2 hours or so of postgame I had left.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

When I play open world games I try to do all of the side missions and stuff before beating the main game. I'm really glad I did this for RDR because I probably would have hated to play as Jack for more than the 2 hours or so of postgame I had left.

Same here.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If I have no more story left to do I get bored and stop playing. Getting 100% while playing allows me to savour the game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wish it came out on PC, but it's one of the few games I platinumed on PS3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte is a pom fucktard whom cornhole's other bloke's asses.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm probably going to take the opposite approach with MGSV so I can know what happens in the story ASAP.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cool thing RDR was using dead eye and tnt on people and birds. The tnt will fly around corners and do crazy turns to get to whatever you've marked

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Knuc U Kinte is a pom fucktard whom cornhole's other bloke's asses.

Stop saying I'm Australian and pom. It's loving disrespectful.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is Knuc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvnDPwft75s&t=16s

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fucktarded bro with a backwards new era cap: I have to herd cows? Seriously? When to I unlock the duel wield arx 160 hole puncher with custom Bacon dlc skin? These olden days guns are too slow

Me: *quickdraws my colt army single action revolver and shoots him down off his gay horse in a swift practice motion*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm the grape looking slut guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

No cars? No assault rifles? No Adult Swim Radio Station? So stupid.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You get an achievement for tying someone to the railroad tracks and waiting for a train to come along.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What do you mean he's allowed, he's like 8!
[Knuc U Kinte:] I'm nine bro...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

What do you mean he's allowed, he's like 8!
[Knuc U Kinte:] I'm nine bro...

Lmao.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i do smoke weed

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When I used to skate at the school in the holidays I saw a 6 year old maori smoking a tiny roach that was burning his fingers.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I want to play cowboys & Indians online in glorious 1080. I want to throw a hatchet into some cowboys skulls @ 60fps & have him call me a human being

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Benny D posted:

I want to play cowboys & Indians online in glorious 1080. I want to throw a hatchet into some cowboys skulls @ 60fps & have him call me a human being

ill call you a human being for free

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When I used to skate at the school in the holidays I saw a 6 year old maori smoking a tiny roach that was burning his fingers.

l;mfao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

ill call you a human being for free

Thanks imp :)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Rofl

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cool

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
[making gravely serious face] The subscription fees were beginning to destroy my body from the inside..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

• Locked thread