Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
I saw this today as part of the Melbourne International Film Festival, and Joshua Oppenheimer was unexpectedly there to do a Q&A. He said he wasn't sure how to approach The Look of Silence, or at least an accompanying film dealing with the victims and survivors of atrocities depicted in the Art of Killing until he said footage that the subject of Look of Silence had shot himself (footage of his father slipping into senility) while Oppenheimer was completing Act of Killing. Other mindblowingly depressing poo poo not mentioned in the movie: Goodyear tyres taking advantage of slave labour perpetrated on political prisoners.

The dude in this movie is incredibly brave, confronting basically real life monsters (two "vampires" as well, I poo poo you not) and asking them to own up to their sins. I've never seen people so candid and so full of poo poo at the same time. It's terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread