Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Eye of Widesauron posted:

This will never happen

:(

say it aint so!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

No. The infantry and tanks assist trophy is all we are going to get. But if you like AW, check out fire emblem maybe?

i love the fire emblem series a lot but it's really not the same

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

i love the fire emblem series a lot but it's really not the same

I was just naming a strategy rpg, but I will absolutely defer to you on this one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

say it aint so!!!!!!!

I bet it will happen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In Training posted:

I bet it will happen

I want to believe I'm just jaded

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

If you have a New 3DS and somehow haven't witnessed the glory of Reyn Time, you should probably try Xenoblade out. It's a rather solid port.

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Did they make an advanced wars game for the 3ds yet so they can get my money?
I have to be the only one on Earth annoyed that they went from naming the series after the console it was on (Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, etc) to naming everything "Advance Wars" long after the GBA ceased to be relevant. It was a cute pattern, and they just threw it away for sheer laziness. (Well, market recognition, more likely, but it still looks kinda lazy.)

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

01011001 posted:

days of ruin just barely squeaking onto the top tier instead of being near the top is a sad thing

is Days of Ruin good through to the end? I've played every advance wars game besides it because it got all dark and people were weighing their decisions instead of a bunch of retards loving around and acting like they didn't just watch 10 infantry units get killed by a single anti air unit

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Shadow Hog posted:

I have to be the only one on Earth annoyed that they went from naming the series after the console it was on (Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, etc) to naming everything "Advance Wars" long after the GBA ceased to be relevant. It was a cute pattern, and they just threw it away for sheer laziness. (Well, market recognition, more likely, but it still looks kinda lazy.)

You're right, DS Wars and 3DS Wars totally sound good enough to sacrifice brand recognition

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They called the eighth advance wars 3ds wars

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

is Days of Ruin good through to the end? I've played every advance wars game besides it because it got all dark and people were weighing their decisions instead of a bunch of retards loving around and acting like they didn't just watch 10 infantry units get killed by a single anti air unit

Good gameplay, pretty challenging because CO powers aren't insanely strong

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Advance Wars Amiibo Cards & Figures

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dec 26, 2012

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

In what universe?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

That list I posted was made on GBAtemp throughout the DS's life so it's loaded towards earlier releases. The site is also gamefaqs levels of bad.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

:shepspends:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
op, if you like etrian odyssey 3 then you should also try etrian odyssey 4. there's also the two untold games, but i've only played one of them and i liked eo4 better. and if you haven't played the world ends with you, then you need to rectify that.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Inflammatory posted:

if you haven't played the world ends with you, then you need to rectify that.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

op, if you like etrian odyssey 3 then you should also try etrian odyssey 4. there's also the two untold games, but i've only played one of them and i liked eo4 better. and if you haven't played the world ends with you, then you need to rectify that.

the untold g ames are bullshit because they let you port back to town at every staircase

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

and if you haven't played the world ends with you, then you need to rectify that.

My nigga.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's so good but Squeenix completely forgot about it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TWEWY is the only DS game to make use of the two screens in both a functional and innovative way. And the OST is awesomeballz.

Dec 26, 2012

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

FastestGunAlive posted:

gonna spend the rest the year traveling for work so it's time for handheld gaming. haven't touched my 3ds in three years and even then I was mostly checking out ds games since I never had one. would like to get two or three games here's what ive been looking at-

DK Country Returns
DQ IV (DS)
bravely default
disgaea (DS)- played a lil on ps2 but it was overwhelming at the time, would have plenty of time to get in depth with it this time
radiant historia- never played anything from this series

other series I like but not necessarily in the mood for right now
Kirby
castlevania
final fantasy tactics

poo poo that's probably bad but I'm still considering
project x zone
card fighters clash (DS) the original on NGPC was 100% my poo poo but this one had bad reviews and none of the used copies on Amazon mention if they have the bug fixed

Heres what I already have, to give an idea of what I like:
New super Mario bros 2 was okay at best
Ghost recon was good if you like srpgs
aliens infestation was alright and that end music
luigi mansion was fun
both advance wars games were fun
the etrian odyssey with the ocean was fun

How are the smt, persona, and tales games? I've never played any of them and my tolerance for for anime/jrpg trash cliches is really low but if the gameplay is good I'll just mash a through exposition

literally the only good kirby game ever amde is dream course. hth

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i could never really get into eo. i think its too anime for my adult tastes.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Hoodrich posted:

i could never really get into eo. i think its too anime for my adult tastes.

i like it because of how dangerous it is, but being able to port back at every staircase like in untold or each dungeon being like three floors deep like in eo4 kind of mitigates that, so 3 is my fave

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Is it too anime for your adult tastes or too adult for your anime tastes

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

also you could do bizarre poo poo in 3 like put a ninja(?) in your party and keep giving everyone mp

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

SM64Guy posted:

i like it because of how dangerous it is, but being able to port back at every staircase like in untold or each dungeon being like three floors deep like in eo4 kind of mitigates that, so 3 is my fave

i bought it because i liked the idea of a dungeon crawler but it never really captured me. but a lot of 3ds games are like that for me. i think my started but unfinished catalogue has like dq4, crimson shroud, smt4, eo4, rf4.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Hoodrich posted:

i bought it because i liked the idea of a dungeon crawler but it never really captured me. but a lot of 3ds games are like that for me. i think my started but unfinished catalogue has like dq4, crimson shroud, smt4, eo4, rf4.

the only games ive beat on ds/3ds are all phoenix wright games

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

SM64Guy posted:

the only games ive beat on ds/3ds are all phoenix wright games

ive beat fire emblem awakening, persona 4 and link between worlds lol.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
im counting vita as aprt of the group.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crimson Shroud is small what is your excuse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TWEWY is the only DS game to make use of the two screens in both a functional and innovative way. And the OST is awesomeballz.

The only other stuff I can think of that's unique or interesting are Phantom Hourglass and 999, but both uses are a one off surprise/gimmick. I wonder how the hell they ported it to iOS.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

The only other stuff I can think of that's unique or interesting are Phantom Hourglass and 999, but both uses are a one off surprise/gimmick. I wonder how the hell they ported it to iOS.

think they just ditched controlling the top screen or something super lame like that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

think they just ditched controlling the top screen or something super lame like that

yeah that's what they did, it's dumb as hell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just beat phoenix wright 5 like ten minutes ago and it owns y'all. probably do the dlc next week sometime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

just beat phoenix wright 5 like ten minutes ago and it owns y'all. probably do the dlc next week sometime

Phoenix Wright is drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

In Training posted:

Phoenix Wright is drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

• Locked thread