Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Annointed posted:

Do you even know true fear?!

I will show you fear in a handful of broken image links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

I will show you fear in a handful of broken image links.

It's fun when imgur fails you :v:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This is a picture of a Green Heron, one of the most powerful and feared of the birds:

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Based on the OP, the anime should cover up to volume 4 right? also what's this I read about the Funimation stream having some quality problems?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Green Heron is feared so heavily because of their cultural mastery of stealth. They can strike at any time and you would never know they were there, until it was too late.

This is a moving picture of a Green Heron operative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjSCJeFdwS4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Good episode, I liked seeing the dynamic between the floor guardians, stuff like Cocytus marveling at the idea of having Momonga Jr. ride around on his shoulders was cute. Oh, and Albedo, calm down, ok? :stare:

Looks like we will be getting some action next episode, I'm looking forward to it.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

This is a picture of a Green Heron, one of the most powerful and feared of the birds:

I don't fear it.

The show is pretty cool. Already has a more likeable cast than sword art, which isn't high praise of course.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They want the skeleton D.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Definitely the best OP and ED of the season.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Good episode, I liked seeing the dynamic between the floor guardians, stuff like Cocytus marveling at the idea of having Momonga Jr. ride around on his shoulders was cute. Oh, and Albedo, calm down, ok?

But if she calms down, we'll miss out on such beautiful crazyfaces!

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Overlord is basically a story about a bumbling dad trying to take care of his adopted kids, except he's an evil lich overlord. He spends his time trying to make ends meet (exchange rates are a bitch), keep his kids' respect ("oh god what if they find out I'm actually totally incompetent?"), and get over his old relationships ("why does no one answer my Messages? :("), with occasional breaks to commit horrible blasphemies against nature and/or war crimes.

We don't have enough dad anime, so I am totally all for this.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow this is a dad anime. The only things to ensure that reading completely for me would be the kids misinterpreting daddy's instructions in the best/worst way possible, and getting the kids to treat their pets well.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Annointed posted:

The only things to ensure that reading completely for me would be the kids misinterpreting daddy's instructions in the best/worst way possible, and getting the kids to treat their pets well.

Yepp. Yepp.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Wow this is a dad anime. The only things to ensure that reading completely for me would be the kids misinterpreting daddy's instructions in the best/worst way possible, and getting the kids to treat their pets well.

The NPCs do exactly that.

They even misinterpret what they 'heard' the supreme beings talking about in the past.

Mare is the only 'young' boy around, and so he and Demiurge think that dressing like a Trap is how boys should dress, based on what Mare's creator said.
They are very ignorant about some things, since they never saw young children, and they never grew up.

In the light novel, Mare's creator is a H-game voice actress who likes young(looking) crossdressing boys and girls, and her brother, Shalltears creator, was an H-game enthusiast who gave Shalltear a bunch of fetishes, including necrophilia.
They fought a lot because nothing kills a H-game like hearing your sister as one of the characters, and they wrote the conflict into their NPCs biography.

In the light novel and Manga, the last line Momonga changed on Albedo was not 'Is a bitch' but was 'Is a Nymphomaniac/Slut'.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Having the main character be a literal skeleton without any meat or skin is the most elaborate metaphor for protagonists written as blandly as possible for a broad audience to identify with.

And I hope that it does not turn out to be a dadanime, since you have two characters who want to jump his bones.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Pharohman777 posted:

They even misinterpret what they 'heard' the supreme beings talking about in the past.

Mare is the only 'young' boy around, and so he and Demiurge think that dressing like a Trap is how boys should dress, based on what Mare's creator said.
They are very ignorant about some things, since they never saw young children, and they never grew up.

In the light novel, Mare's creator is a H-game voice actress who likes young(looking) crossdressing boys and girls, and her brother, Shalltears creator, was an H-game enthusiast who gave Shalltear a bunch of fetishes, including necrophilia.
They fought a lot because nothing kills a H-game like hearing your sister as one of the characters, and they wrote the conflict into their NPCs biography.

In the light novel and Manga, the last line Momonga changed on Albedo was not 'Is a bitch' but was 'Is a Nymphomaniac/Slut'.

:yikes:

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

Pharohman777 posted:

that was just whoever translated that line in the anime being poo poo at translating

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Zandracon posted:

that was just whoever translated that line in the anime being poo poo at translating

I'm reasonably sure the slang for "bitch" means the same thing in Japanese. I.e.. "A bitch in heat".

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

FriggenJ posted:

I'm reasonably sure the slang for "bitch" means the same thing in Japanese. I.e.. "A bitch in heat".

Correct.

Also, going by what people have said this is going to be quite a ride. :getin:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I liked the vibe from the first half of the episode. It was like all the raid bosses in the dungeon gathering to shoot the poo poo and talk about how awesome the final boss is.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Do I just need my sense of humor recalibrated? A guy who gets butthurt over his sister being a hentai VA because it ruins his jerkoff sessions sounds kinda hilarious, to be honest.

e: I'm saying this having no goddamn clue how it's actually executed, I am not a man who reads light novels

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 15, 2015

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Do I just need my sense of humor recalibrated? A guy who gets butthurt over his sister being a hentai VA because it ruins his jerkoff sessions sounds kinda hilarious, to be honest.

Nah, it is hilarious.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pharohman777 posted:

LORD OF BUTT posted:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, it is hilarious.

In ancient times the Green Heron was reviled as a herald of death, the sharp, low, up trill sounding out by the thousands in times of disaster or famine.
Now we know better of course. We understand now all The Great Mother Heron does she does to protect us, even if her ways are mysterious.

This is hundreds of pictures of a Green Heron, organized in a sequence and relayed 60 images in a second to create the illusion of movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUAN_1ID8j4

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

This is the most hosed up post in the thread!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pharohman777 posted:

What the gently caress is this

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, it is hilarious.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, it is hilarious.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

AfroSquirrel posted:

drat you got Stockholm syndrome fast. They're not the worst ever but they're pretty poor.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I thought it was just an anime about a skeleton wizard riding a hamster and his crazy demon wife...

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

.jpg posted:

This is the most hosed up post in the thread!

Desuwa posted:

drat you got Stockholm syndrome fast. They're not the worst ever but they're pretty poor.

I can't stand the OP/ED for Shokugeki no Soma, so apparently I was already crazy!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I thought it was just an anime about a skeleton wizard riding a hamster and his crazy demon wife...

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny and a good time and then I read people talking about the correct way to call someone a bitch.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I don't know what crazy poo poo happens later on, but I'm really liking this show so far.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Maybe we could pretend that the novel doesn't exist and just enjoy the misadventures of Dad Skeletor.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 15, 2015

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Reasons why this show is better than Log Horizon
1) The main character is a skeleton

to be continued

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Is the MC Lich Lord the only PC "stuck" in the now-defunct game or do we find other PCs in the same situation later on?

Well, if he's not, that would be cool because he'd possibly find some "soul mates" of a sort and possible allies or enemies. If he is the only PC-turned player, then it would be very, very lonely but quite possibly way more interesting too.

As a Revenant, does he eat? Sleep? Shower? I wonder if there are any benefits to being a skeleton. In WoW, originally, undead could stay underwater indefinitely as they don't breath. Blizzard eventually nerfed that for whatever stupid reasons though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

Is the MC Lich Lord the only PC "stuck" in the now-defunct game or do we find other PCs in the same situation later on?

Well, if he's not, that would be cool because he'd possibly find some "soul mates" of a sort and possible allies or enemies. If he is the only PC-turned player, then it would be very, very lonely but quite possibly way more interesting too.

As a Revenant, does he eat? Sleep? Shower? I wonder if there are any benefits to being a skeleton. In WoW, originally, undead could stay underwater indefinitely as they don't breath. Blizzard eventually nerfed that for whatever stupid reasons though.

He already said in episode 2 that he doesn't feel the need to eat or sleep

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dan7el posted:

From what I can gather from the released episodes alone, is that something happened to the ones who were connected at midnight when the servers were shut down, but they didn't exactly get trapped in the game; the entire guild house changed location, so it is unlikely that it happened to everyone or many people at all; it was a dying MMO, not a lot of active players and even if there were more people online, they might have been taken to entirely different worlds if at all.

We don't really know anything else.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

moe~moe

Dan7el posted:

It's worth pointing out that he's not stuck in the game as it was. His entire guild dungeon was transported into a different but "real" world.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I mean, it pretty much is. He still wants to rule the world though and has the power to do it. If it makes you feel any better the novels don't really go gross into the sex stuff. There's very occasional "I WANT TO BONE THAT SKELETON WIZARD" moments as comic relief but there's nothing overt or particularly graphic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm not sure about a lot of the story and characters, but Momonga is a great mc.

• Locked thread