Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

This is pure speculation, but I think this is all leading up to a civil war in Nazarick.

The LN makes it pretty clear that individual guardians are loyal primarily to the Supreme Being that created them, then to the Supreme Beings that share their alignment, and only lastly loyal to the Ainz Ooal Gown guild (and by extension, Momonga). Sebas flat out states at one point that he would abandon Ainz for TouchMe in a heartbeat, and most of the other guardians seem to have similar loyalties. We also know that players from YGGDRASIL appear every hundred years or so, with Ainz and crew just being the latest in a long line (the Six Great Gods, the Eight Greed Kings, the Thirteen Heroes). We also know there are gaps in the timeline - we don't know who the players that appeared 400, 300, and 100 years ago were. Finally, Albedo seems to be fully aware that there is a possibility that other Supreme Beings are still around, but she perceives them as traitors and a threat to Ainz's authority. When Ainz puts her in charge of seeking out rumors about other players, she asks him to let her use Rubedo and Pandora's Actor claiming she wants the strongest possible party for the job. I really doubt that it's a coincidence she chose the two most powerful Guardians who just happen to be fanatically loyal to her and Ainz as her Supreme Being hunting party.

The situation is a powder keg - all it's going to take is for one of the other Supreme Beings to show up. If, say, TouchMe wanders by at some point Albedo will immediately try to murder him, Sebas will switch sides and likely take all of the good-aligned guardians(Nigredo, Victim, Pestonya, and maybe some of the Pleiades) with him, and Demiurge (who hates Sebas anyway) will retaliate.

...or maybe none of that happens and it's just a story about Ainz slowly bumbling his way into world conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

I'm with you there. I haven't liked most of the big combat-heavy chapters like the Lizardman arc or the Caster of Destroy arc. My favorite parts have been the ones where Ainz awkwardly tries to use middle-manager strategies to impress people who are way smarter than him. The suggestion box scene in the latest chapter made me laugh out loud.

• Locked thread