Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Last time I played team C, so this time to change things up I'm playing team B: Byron, Baenvier and Burgundy XII
You are a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tekopo posted:

You are a monster

It's not my fault these are literally the only three characters that start with the letter B! It was either this or Dolores, Daijin and Dareios.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Should have chosen the letter L tbh

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I'll go with Heketch, Vanaah and Kajia. Keeping it simple.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I think I'mma go with speed this time, so Shekhtur, Demitras and Luc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Also, what are some good beginner characters? I haven't played BattleCON since Devastation was the newest set, haha. :v:

I made this back when everyone was getting their copies of Unleashed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJxfViJ4_e3bykeGt5UG1wyv301PuBjEcVfazeIdsKk/edit#gid=0

It has the Style (very broad description of gameplan) and Flight (number of triggers/complexity of trigger effects, more or less) info from 4.0, as well as a difficulty rating (how easy it is to play the character well) that I and a bunch of people from the L99 discord came up with. It has filter views to sort by all three.

(Himel Nine difficulty is speculation based on the last time I saw his kit, before Unleashed released - I know he's had some changes but I'm waiting to get my copy before I know what they were.)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 5, 2021

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Tekopo posted:

It depends on what kind of character you like, but Cadenza, Eligor, Shektur, Khimbe or Lucida are all good starting characters IMO.

Alright, since signups are done, can everyone that signed up post their team here when they have come up with it. Once everyone has posted, I'll post matchups.

Ok, I like Shotos and Grapplers.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I made this back when everyone was getting their copies of Unleashed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJxfViJ4_e3bykeGt5UG1wyv301PuBjEcVfazeIdsKk/edit#gid=0

It has the Style (very broad description of gameplan) and Flight (number of triggers/complexity of trigger effects, more or less) info from 4.0, as well as a difficulty rating (how easy it is to play the character well) that I and a bunch of people from the L99 discord came up with. It has filter views to sort by all three.

(Himel Nine difficulty is speculation based on the last time I saw his kit, before Unleashed released - I know he's had some changes but I'm waiting to get my copy before I know what they were.)

Wow, thanks! I'll go through these and try to have a team ready by the end of the day.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
What's a decent spot to see what all new/revised characters look like as far as their kits go? I assume things have changed since the goon reference sheets were put together.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Pvt. Parts posted:

What's a decent spot to see what all new/revised characters look like as far as their kits go? I assume things have changed since the goon reference sheets were put together.
The way I use to see all the latest changes is to fire up TTS and get the official module. There's probably another repository but I usually do that if I want to check character.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Tekopo posted:

The way I use to see all the latest changes is to fire up TTS and get the official module. There's probably another repository but I usually do that if I want to check character.

Oh, are we playing in TTS? I thought we were using BattleCON Online.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Agent Rush posted:

Oh, are we playing in TTS? I thought we were using BattleCON Online.
BattleCON Online is functionally dead and doesn't even have a fraction of the cast available, unfortunately.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tekopo posted:

BattleCON Online is functionally dead and doesn't even have a fraction of the cast available, unfortunately.

I'm hoping pixel tactics will have a little longevity, it seems much more suited to a video game implementation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pvt. Parts posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuSSuot-1hxqSzl0_kPz0Xj16e4cQvlHiP6wChrnvI0/edit#gid=1333094021

It's 98% accurate to print but there's some differences (Welsie and Rexan got some sneaky changes before final version and print and I'm not sure the patch list has the print changes).

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'm gonna roll with Seth, Merjoram, and Thessala

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Tekopo posted:

Ah, that's a shame! I'll have to actually learn the rules, unless the mod has automatic enforcement, haha. What's the module being used?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
As for my team, I'll go with Cadenza, Shekhtur, and Kora.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The name of the module is something like BattleCON [official], I'll find it later on tonight if you haven't managed to find it in the steam workshop.

I think we are waiting on Jivjov's team before we are good to go!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tekopo posted:

The name of the module is something like BattleCON [official], I'll find it later on tonight if you haven't managed to find it in the steam workshop.

I think we are waiting on Jivjov's team before we are good to go!

Apologies! I wasn't eyeing the thread and didn't realize we were already to the team picking stage. Let me lock down some choices!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My team shall be Alexian, Kimbhe, and Eligor

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I've posted the brackets now, so here are the first week matchups:

AgentRush vs Tekopo
Fenn The Fool vs jivjov
InfinityGaia vs LupusAter

Matches are as follows:
- Find a way to do simultaneous bans, and then simultaneous picks.
- Best out of 3, if you lose a game, you can switch to your other character.
- Report your score on Challonge.

The matchups for the entire round robin are currently on Challonge as well.
You have until next Wednesday (the 14th of July) to do your match. Feel free to go ahed with your matches if you want.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Lemon-Lime posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuSSuot-1hxqSzl0_kPz0Xj16e4cQvlHiP6wChrnvI0/edit#gid=1333094021

It's 98% accurate to print but there's some differences (Welsie and Rexan got some sneaky changes before final version and print and I'm not sure the patch list has the print changes).

Thanks, I forgot about this absolute masterpiece of a doc.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tekopo posted:

You have until next Wednesday (the 14th of July) to do your match. Feel free to go ahed with your matches if you want.

It was not my intention for my match to take until this close to deadline -- just wanted to assure you that all delays are entirely my fault. On tourney start day, my internet was out, and then this weekend into today was my birthday celebration and I kept not being around to go BattleCON.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
It's going to be real sad watching that 100% win rate on my Challonge profile dropping, haha! Had some good matches with Tekopo at least, so joining was already worth it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

jivjov posted:

It was not my intention for my match to take until this close to deadline -- just wanted to assure you that all delays are entirely my fault. On tourney start day, my internet was out, and then this weekend into today was my birthday celebration and I kept not being around to go BattleCON.
No worries, if the match is a couple of days late, it's no big.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Next games should be up btw, complete them at your leisure.

Btw, Thesalla is really quite fun to play and play against and the tracking system really works well. Had a couple of matches with Fenn and it went down to the wire, pretty cool overall.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I've got a lot going on and totally blanked on my last match, it's scheduled for Friday the 6th.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Don't worry, round 3 matches aren't even all done yet -- we're just ahead of the curve for round 4

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

New Exceed season announced of Under-Night In-Birth for anyone following that line.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

The Street Fighter season was so good. Not played a lot of UNIST but it'll be interesting to see what mechanics they come up with. I'm guessing the GRD system will be represented in some way.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm just disappointed that the "artwork" is just screenshots again (after first seeing it in the BlazBlue season).

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
A bit of thread necromancy, but my local playgroup has absolutely fallen in love with Bullet. Any news coming out about the new big box eta and/or the reprint of the deluxe wooden bullets?

I know Sakura Arms was sitting at port waiting for freight, but can't seem to dig up any similar updates for waifu schmup: the board game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My copy of the Grand Chronicle, the 20 errata cards for Unleashed, and Himel Nine finally arrived today! :toot:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Out of curiosity, what are the errata cards? Are they fixing misprints or are they balance patches?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Arzaac posted:

Out of curiosity, what are the errata cards? Are they fixing misprints or are they balance patches?

Fixing major misprints: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4-TCOGceU-EP3iy2WEUSXJIiZLSID7/view

Dareios is the only one whose changes are "balance" changes in that he was never supposed to be able to stack stats on Zocean Zudd/Emeraldabier but you would have no way of knowing this.

There's a separate PDF with all errata including minor ones like typos that weighs 151MB and contains many, many more corrected mistakes, but that they didn't bother printing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2A4i8-MJmj7DULkufIzCnO6lwAEn01A/view

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 5, 2022

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Edit: Disregard, someone else with more knowledge on the subject answered.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Got a big box of L99 goodies today. And in typical L99 fashion, it was a mixed bag.

BattleCON errata cards and Himel Nine good, but the determining factor of what was worthy of a reprinted card seems scattershot. Apparently a bunch of the reference cards, that you're supposed to give to your opponent, have errors--defeating the entire point of their existence.

Far Corners for Empyreal looks and feels wonderful -- like the rest of that game -- but the included rules reference sheet was a few millimeters too long for it to fit in the game box. I wanted to avoid folding it, so I tried to take my paper cutter to it, and the blade caught and ripped the sheet badly. That second part is my fault...but drat how do you have such a beautiful in-box storage system and then make the rules sheet for what may be its final expansion too big???

Millennium Blades is all positives though. Got the replacement tray, the errata cards and replacement dividers. So happy to have dividers for the other starter decks and the wrong colors fixed on the others.

Haven't dug into the grand chronicle yet, but it's a nice lookin book!

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
So... I've been interested in Level 99 stuff for a while but I'm finally dipping my toe in with the Guilty Gear demo deck they did as a promo for the kickstarter.

I'm just curious - has anyone played it who's familiar with their other fighting games? Is this a similar setup or its own thing?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Sionak posted:

So... I've been interested in Level 99 stuff for a while but I'm finally dipping my toe in with the Guilty Gear demo deck they did as a promo for the kickstarter.

I'm just curious - has anyone played it who's familiar with their other fighting games? Is this a similar setup or its own thing?

It's basically season 7 of their Exceed Fighting System, they just wanted to publish it with the Guilty Gear branding front and center.

Though that said, I believe that the boosts on some of the basic attacks in Guilty Gear have been changed from how they worked in previous seasons.

There's a playlist on their YouTube channel that has some gameplay of characters from previous Exceed seasons that was recorded with Tabletop Simulator. Mostly characters from Season 3 (Street Fighter), Season 4 (Shovel Knight) and Season 2 (Seventh Cross, a setting for a roguelike board game Level 99 Games was developing but never got off the ground from what I could see).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

BTW just gotta say that it’s a god drat bargain to get those two decks for like $4.50 after shipping. They come with deckboxes, a fold-out paper playmat, and two metal coins. Great deal, they must want to build a lot of goodwill/hype for the kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Exceed also shares a fair bit of DNA with BattleCON but they are essentially two very different approaches. Different enough that they co exist in my collection quite happily. Love them both, though early Exceed was quite difficult for me to get my head around.

Street Fighter Exceed is amazing and I'm really looking forward to the Strive big box.

JazzFlight posted:

BTW just gotta say that it’s a god drat bargain to get those two decks for like $4.50 after shipping. They come with deckboxes, a fold-out paper playmat, and two metal coins. Great deal, they must want to build a lot of goodwill/hype for the kickstarter.

They did the same thing for SF and I'm not sure what was ever a kickstarter. They just recognise the value of a cheap demo.