Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Fast hands. What's the new sniper called? Is it the atlas?

Thats been in the game since launch, it's the Atlas 20mm and it shoots through walls as we saw yesterday

I think they added a new LMG that you can turn into a shotgun by pressing 3 though and a laser submachine gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still want to play if you play non-dlc map packs. I won't buy the dlc because the packs cost more than what I paid for the base game lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That sniper is amazing. Wish I recorded your game ending kill through the wall. Also besides the seeing through walls perk of the drone, what else paints targets?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In Training posted:

I still want to play if you play non-dlc map packs. I won't buy the dlc because the packs cost more than what I paid for the base game lol

Heck yeah we can do that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't mind playing the old maps at all. Just let me know when you are on. Lumpy, widestancer and I had a blast yesterday since we found out they added Ocelots gun

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

That sniper is amazing. Wish I recorded your game ending kill through the wall. Also besides the seeing through walls perk of the drone, what else paints targets?

Threat grenades, the red dot that paints targets while you're looking at them, target drones while locked on and scanning, recon drones if you hit anyone with the massive aoe threat grenade they launch

If set up right with a few people it gives the whole team wall hacks unless they're using the right perks to counter it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It would be sick to have everyone take certain perks to do that and system hack to shut them down and run with the new sniper

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't mind playing the old maps at all. Just let me know when you are on. Lumpy, widestancer and I had a blast yesterday since we found out they added Ocelots gun
There's a SAA Revolver in the game? Lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We could do that pretty easily especially if we get a semi regular group going.

I know we have you and lumpy, anyone else in?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In Training posted:

There's a SAA Revolver in the game? Lol

Yeah and it wrecks people and if you open a care package or whatever while you have it out you spin it as you holster it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Yeah and it wrecks people and if you open a care package or whatever while you have it out you spin it as you holster it

Badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
We should play some more later tonight... Get your revolvers ready.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i think i have this installed and updated

i dont have any of the maps tho

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The evil American battalion from the end of MW2 is one of the coolest factions in the series and it sucks that they weren't an MP faction like they were originally going to be.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Apparently they're called "Shadow Company" and their name and in game background are a reference to the bad guys in the first Lethal Weapon movie, which makes them even cooler.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
50,000 men... lost in the blink of a loving eye

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But real talk MW1 had an incredible SP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

But real talk MW1 had an incredible SP

The part where you crawling through an army marching in a field of tall grass was sweet. Everything else was dumb because you were just triggering invisible lines to stop the endlessly spawning terrorists.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm so glad they got rid of the endless respawning. That plaza in Heart of the Reich on Veteran took me four days to get through.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a really bad infinite respawn in black ops 1(?) or somewhere where you were in Vietnam. When I was playing it my friend told me they were just reproducing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also know a few dudes who completed the plane thing at the end of mw1 on veteran

I have 100+ hours in mw2 single player

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 20, 2015

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

frank.club posted:

I also know a few dudes who completed the plane thing at the end of mw1 on veteran

That was bad, but the worst parts I can remember are Heart of the Reich in WaW, that cargo room from the second to last mission in CoD4 and the village in the Silo mission from CoD2.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That was bad, but the worst parts I can remember are Heart of the Reich in WaW, that cargo room from the second to last mission in CoD4 and the village in the Silo mission from CoD2.

holy poo poo I remember doing WaW on the wii. Someone post that epic rage comic about the grenade rain. MW2's estate mission on vet was mind numbing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of my fondest gaming memories is of playing Big Red One

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

?Someone buy me the DLC/.

this, but the base game as well

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IMO worst part about CoD singleplayer is that there's nothing rewarding about playing the higher difficulty levels except, uh, saying you did.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

In Training posted:

The part where you crawling through an army marching in a field of tall grass was sweet. Everything else was dumb because you were just triggering invisible lines to stop the endlessly spawning terrorists.
TV Station is the worst.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

frank.club posted:

I have 100+ hours in mw2 single player

Wtf is wrong with you Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a time after I got it where I couldn't play the multiplayer so I just 100% the single player a few times.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

frank.club posted:

There was a time after I got it where I couldn't play the multiplayer so I just 100% the single player a few times.

Squeezy Farm posted:

Wtf is wrong with you Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

frank.club posted:

I didn't say anything because I assumed you were counting Spec Ops mode as SP... Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was worried you'd check my steam profile page for my playtime too

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
ROFL he even played on PC...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't regret it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
gaming is good y'all

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The MW2 mission briefing after the attack on DC where it's just an emergency broadcast with no music or voiceover.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The part where Price decides to hijack a nuclear sub and detonate a bomb in the upper atmosphere, brutally murdering thousands

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The part where Price decides to hijack a nuclear sub and detonate a bomb in the upper atmosphere, brutally murdering thousands

That's the plot of MGS2, lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Advanced Warfare's plot is basically the war economy from MGS4

• Locked thread