Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What kind of name is Soap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The segment in CoD4 where Capt. Price is beating up the arab rebel leader and screaming What was his name? Tell me his name!

No.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll be buying blops 3, since we all had fun with AW (despite Jakes terrible kiwi ping)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'll be buying blops 3, since we all had fun with AW (despite Jakes terrible kiwi ping)

I still had fun.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it was good. The 5 or 6 of us running around blasting people with the laser and them QQing about it ruining COD was awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yeah it was good. The 5 or 6 of us running around blasting people with the laser and them QQing about it ruining COD was awesome.

Yea that poo poo was funny.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I liked the BO3 beta. Single player sounds sick too... Apparently all the missions are available at the start and a lot of them aren't directly correlated story wise, you need to kind of figure out how they fit together.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I liked the BO3 beta. Single player sounds sick too... Apparently all the missions are available at the start and a lot of them aren't directly correlated story wise, you need to kind of figure out how they fit together.

thats cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my god.

Before players enter each mission, they access the Safe House, an area in which they can customise their character, set class loadouts, learn more about the upcoming objectives as well as show off achievements to friends.

Within the Safe House every player has their own “Bunkroom” which contains a wardrobe for character customisation, a little like GTA Online, and a Medal Case, which holds awards you’ve earned after completing tasks in the campaign. You also have a trunk to stores collectible, which you can use to personalise your Bunkroom. Any of your co-op friends can work into your room and view your customised layout. It’s another little RPG feature, which doesn’t add huge amounts to the actual gameplay experience, but just enhances that sense of playing alongside other people, and actually having an existence within the game’s universe.

Each safe house also contains a computer terminal, or PDV, like the computer found in Black Ops 1, giving access to background information (in fact, it houses 100 times more files that its predecessor). There’s background info on the events between Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 3, as well as hidden Easter egg’s and a few surprise game modes. There was an arcade-style zombie mini-game in Black Ops 1, so could potentially expect something very similar to that...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my god.

Before players enter each mission, they access the Safe House, an area in which they can customise their character, set class loadouts, learn more about the upcoming objectives as well as show off achievements to friends.

Within the Safe House every player has their own “Bunkroom” which contains a wardrobe for character customisation, a little like GTA Online, and a Medal Case, which holds awards you’ve earned after completing tasks in the campaign. You also have a trunk to stores collectible, which you can use to personalise your Bunkroom. Any of your co-op friends can work into your room and view your customised layout. It’s another little RPG feature, which doesn’t add huge amounts to the actual gameplay experience, but just enhances that sense of playing alongside other people, and actually having an existence within the game’s universe.

Each safe house also contains a computer terminal, or PDV, like the computer found in Black Ops 1, giving access to background information (in fact, it houses 100 times more files that its predecessor). There’s background info on the events between Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 3, as well as hidden Easter egg’s and a few surprise game modes. There was an arcade-style zombie mini-game in Black Ops 1, so could potentially expect something very similar to that...

Holy poo poo. Its like that mode in NFL 2k5, where you get a house and stuff, but for COD. That owns,.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Brain dead COD-tard] Holy mother of gently caress. Over 100 more datalog entries than Black Ops 1?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
im craving a cod game and might purchase blops 2 for PC.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They were all on sale a couple of weeks ago

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

[Brain dead COD-tard] Holy mother of gently caress. Over 100 more datalog entries than Black Ops 1?

CoD is really good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i wish i was excited for blops 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

CoD is really good

I liked AW a lot but I probably won't play BO3

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the black ops 3 beta was some of the worst CoD ive ever played, maybe evenworse than MW3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The crysis style powers seemed kinda dumb. I just swapped out the similar stuff in AW for more nades so that being the central gimmick this time doesn't interest me at all

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There's a new difficulty mode past Veteran where one hit or any damage from anything instakills you. I think it's co op only though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's a new difficulty mode past Veteran where one hit or any damage from anything instakills you. I think it's co op only though

that sounds really fun not

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the black ops 3 beta was some of the worst CoD ive ever played, maybe evenworse than MW3

yeah. "hey lets remove everything that made AW really good"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you cant do awesome side boosts and double jumps anymore! it has all been replaced with fluttering around yoshi style w/jetpacks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The jet packs are weaker and shorter duration than AW jetpacks so it's basically just an extended Interact button that lets you climb on stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah. "hey lets remove everything that made AW really good"

Nothing will play like AW until that team makes another COD game in 2017

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
blops2 is chill and giving me good cod feels.

AW seemed sick when i played a free weekend but apparently its dead now or id get it.

think when i go home for thxgiving i'll look for my cod+uo / mw cdkeys and do some nostalgia gameing

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i would nt have bought blops2 if cod4 didnt forget my cdkey after upgrading to win10 (yospos bithc! :cool:) so i couldnt continue playing freeze tag with 40 year old walmart employees who talk on voip about sticking tin foil in the electrical sockets at work/

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

i would nt have bought blops2 if cod4 didnt forget my cdkey after upgrading to win10 (yospos bithc! :cool:) so i couldnt continue playing freeze tag with 40 year old walmart employees who talk on voip about sticking tin foil in the electrical sockets at work/

Oh so you play with your coworkers?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
no i play with my monitor off bwahahha

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Squeezy Farm posted:

blops2 is chill and giving me good cod feels.

AW seemed sick when i played a free weekend but apparently its dead now or id get it.

think when i go home for thxgiving i'll look for my cod+uo / mw cdkeys and do some nostalgia gameing

dont forget about blops1. its so good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blops 2 was my fav and the only cod I really got into. Aw was fun but I only really played with people from here for shits and giggles.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

dont forget about blops1. its so good

ya i beat that one on 360 forever ago

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Squeezy Farm posted:

ya i beat that one on 360 forever ago

*my buddy sees me looking super breathless& panicked holding my hands all curled up above the laptop*

"He's talking about the single player. He used the word "beat" because he means playing the campaigns."

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
love a good cinematic blockbuster experience :cheers:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
blops 2 campaign was c ool bc you could go back and play tge opening mission after you unlocked the minigun and mow down the hordes of african soldiers

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the part where you're that guy who rages and kills tons of dudes with a machete

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The PC version of BO2 has a glitch that causes the program to crash after every campaign mission of you have less than 100 steam friends.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The PC version of BO2 has a glitch that causes the program to crash after every campaign mission of you have less than 100 steam friends.

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That's not a glitch :cool:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That explains why games posters hated it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You inspired me to make a thread I had forgotten I meant to make a week ago http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749012

• Locked thread