Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Black Ops 1 was honestly one of the best games in the series I'll probably be getting this one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

black hat loving owns because it now actually steals airborne killstreaks

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the wallrunning in this game is the first time where it feels like I'm still naturally moving and not locked into a forced animation

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I like the treyarch cods the most I think. Even World at War

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still remember the button prompt sequence for placing whatever that WW2 equivalent of c4 was in cod3 lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also I might be biased on WaW because in college me and my best friend played zombies mode 4 days a week after classes for like 2 months straight and it ruled

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They made you do that like a million times because they had to shoehorn as many wiimote QTEs as possible. What a shitload of gently caress.

It was Real Bad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Treyarch is also as far as I can tell the only COD developer to include flamethrowers in all of their games and for that they have my respect

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

We should have a thread for the VGAs. Theyre good

lol what happened to your av

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Budget Prefuse posted:

the campaign for this game is incredibly good. i thought it couldnt get better after mission 8 but it freakin did

i'm sad my lesbian lover went out like a punk

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:cripes:

Rolling Stone magazine has uncovered a new patent from Activision that was filed in 2015 that talks about how the company wants to design their matchmaking systems in their titles. Activision was granted the patent earlier this month by the US Patent and Trademark Office.

This new patent appears to be about how Activision plans to use “tricks” in their matchmaking system to lure players to purchase more in-game items through the course of playing a game. Specifically (one aspect of the large patent), the patent mentions that high skilled players get paired with low-skilled players to purposefully encourage low-skilled players to spend more money to get better in-game items to match up against higher skilled players.

“For example, in one implementation, the system may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases. For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player.”

my inner conspiracy theorist is really happy that all of those level 999 max blinged out guys wrecking your poo poo were in fact intentionally put there by the publisher

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Black Ops IIII is about time travel.

I would be so down

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nazi zombies was a really fun random addition to WaW that ended up sucking way too much development time and money over the next 9 games, and we possibly could have had wall running in every cod by now instead

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

time for the obligatory zombie mode that was fun for like 2 games max

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Respawn is being forced to make a Star Wars game which will probably bomb because Star Wars is a dead series now so Respawn will be thrown into the meat grinder with all the other developers EA betrayed and murdered and Titanfall 3 probably won't happen.

as someone who will shamelessly buy any AAA Star Wars game I wish them much success making a game that’s actually fun to play so that DICE can go back to learning how to make a menu interface that doesn’t make players suicidal

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*ark of the covenant gif except every time the camera cuts there’s 5-10 seconds of loading*

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Blops 3s campaign eventually became a wierd ghost in the shell/inception mindjacking story and that was cool to see, sad they arent continuing in that vein.

all the black ops campaigns at least tried to do something interesting; the first one had a pretty solid Cold War Manchurian Candidate thing, and even though 2 wasn’t as good they deserve some credit for making the plot actually change depending on whether or not you completed certain mission objectives

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m down, haven’t played it since it launched so it’ll all be kind of fresh for me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cool I should be done by midnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

6 mins left, psn: gordy104

• Locked thread