Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AW kill confirmed is some drat win. Id play this weekend but by the time my install finishes it will be Sunday evening, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Call of Duty download size is bigger than an Xbox.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You have begun downloading Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Multiplayer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sunday is game day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbU4fPYRvcY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think you need to download single player too, for it to work.

This is not true because I have never once installed the SP, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have resumed downloading

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will probably have this installed by tomorrow morning if I leave the download on overnight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to play after dinner

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Error - The playlist you are trying to join contains maps you do not own.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

?Someone buy me the DLC/.

Me as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still want to play if you play non-dlc map packs. I won't buy the dlc because the packs cost more than what I paid for the base game lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't mind playing the old maps at all. Just let me know when you are on. Lumpy, widestancer and I had a blast yesterday since we found out they added Ocelots gun
There's a SAA Revolver in the game? Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Yeah and it wrecks people and if you open a care package or whatever while you have it out you spin it as you holster it

Badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

But real talk MW1 had an incredible SP

The part where you crawling through an army marching in a field of tall grass was sweet. Everything else was dumb because you were just triggering invisible lines to stop the endlessly spawning terrorists.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The part where Price decides to hijack a nuclear sub and detonate a bomb in the upper atmosphere, brutally murdering thousands

That's the plot of MGS2, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it free?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Luckily I own Advnced Warfare, the only good COD game this decade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Brain dead COD-tard] Holy mother of gently caress. Over 100 more datalog entries than Black Ops 1?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

CoD is really good

I liked AW a lot but I probably won't play BO3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The crysis style powers seemed kinda dumb. I just swapped out the similar stuff in AW for more nades so that being the central gimmick this time doesn't interest me at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah. "hey lets remove everything that made AW really good"

Nothing will play like AW until that team makes another COD game in 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The PC version of BO2 has a glitch that causes the program to crash after every campaign mission of you have less than 100 steam friends.

That's not a glitch :cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You inspired me to make a thread I had forgotten I meant to make a week ago http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I might have to pick up BLOPS3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

same, but in 2016, when the price goes down by a whole five dollars

I picked up AW for 30 bucks this year, they get more discounts every year since less and less people buy them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The single player was ok too. I really liked that there were a few segments at the end that were wide open chaotic firefights between two factions, like the ship deck and the Baghdad street, and apparently there's a lot more of that in BO3.

I never installed the SP component.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I remember before I posted on SA I always liked play call of duty but everyone on line said it was lovely and gay and trash for garbage people and I thought something wrong with me, but now I know it's actually them who are retarded and I'm smart as hell.

Call of duty and halo kick rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only played COD4 and AW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to be really sad the day that the COD equivalent of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 comes out, end of an era.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't forget that PC is getting mod support now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for its nomination in the prestigious Video Game Awards for "E-Sports of the Year 2015".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

We should have a thread for the VGAs. Theyre good

Be the change you want to see in the forums.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

je1 healthcare posted:

Not terribly surprising. Each CoD game in Japan has outsold the previous, Modern Warfare 1 was a cult hit among western game importers, and Modern Warfare 2 had a bunch of people complaining that the Japanese translation was awful ("No Russian" was translated to "The russians, kill them all"). The buzz kind of grew from there.

GTA is the same way, San Andreas was the first western game to debut at the top of the Japanese sales charts. Which was sort of why Rockstar started localizing their own games instead of contracting Capcom to publish them in Japan. Does SquareEnix still publish CoD?

I want the Chinese COD to come to America

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's F2P MW2 with like 80 maps from all of the games...it looks sick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The worst thing about CoD being annual is that they'll probably never do some kind of MCC style collection because they don't want to compete with themselves or whatever. Smdh

When COD is on its death knell in like 15 years the eventual master collection of everything ever on one disc is going to the be gaming event of the decade

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have AW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Valentine's Day COD sesh...oh mama.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

COD 2016 got confirmed today, all. Phew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

*smokes a big hit off that nice crack rock Jatavius brought me from Philly*

*Loads up black ops 3*

* gets on the mic *

"An MR-RL time."

"Me and Marc Rutzou"

"Me and loving Marc Rutzou"

"Thats loving right, I skipped 1:13, I am a loving legend. I've never SEEN a 1:13 and I never loving will. 1:12 baby. Till the day I loving die"

*game loads up map*

"YES!!!! bout time a get a loving lucky break in this loving game. MotherFUCKERS! [selecting grenade launcher loadout] and I CLUTCHED the goddamn grenade launcher. That's loving right."

*sees an enemy on the other team*

"Yeah its this one. Right here IT's THIS ONE!"

*blows enemy up with grenade launcher"

"My insane pace. Right here. THIS is the 1:12. Right here! YES! This is loving it!"

"I'mma have to jus -"

"I'mma have to find the actual whole vid off of it and I'mma have to get it."

*blows an enemy up with a trip mine*

"DUUUUUUUDE WHAT A RUSH! WHAT A RUUUUUUSH!"

"Watch this. Watch when I get the grenade launcher"

*switches back to grenade launcher* (sorry)

*sees two enemies running into the building across the map and I start running over there in a full sprint, the crack really kicking in now*

"look at that. See how fast my pace is?"

*blows a guys head off with a rocket launcher*

"RIGHT IN THE loving HEAD!!! YEAHHH! Got a loving 1:12 baby. THATS RIGHT! You See that CLUTCHNESS? I am loving CCC-LUTCH! Look at this loving line I take. I'm like, YEAH baby. Let's loving DO this. "

*I wait, I wait, I wait....*

[at least 5 guys come to the building I'm in]

"right when he starts firing to try to backboost me...The Double."

[I get a double kill here, activating my scorestreak hellfire missle and UAV]

"..Body Armor..."

"Two quick ones"

[another double kill now, I activate my R.A.P.S scorestreak, racking up hundreds of points in a matter of seconds, going an insane 12-0 right now]

"I already know I'm gettin' there on the perfect line.LOOK AT THE loving PACE"

"Fifty, FOURTY-NINE!"

"mwh FOURTY-SEVEN BABY!"

"THATS loving RIGHT, THAT'S loving IT!"

• Locked thread