Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Some people are saying that WWII's campaign is some kind of ATLAS Co. VR training thing and the end hints at AW2. I hope it's true because I really want that, and I'd also like the future setting haters to get really mad :pray:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's exciting but it's also going to be 3 years minimum right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CODWWII sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:cripes:

Rolling Stone magazine has uncovered a new patent from Activision that was filed in 2015 that talks about how the company wants to design their matchmaking systems in their titles. Activision was granted the patent earlier this month by the US Patent and Trademark Office.

This new patent appears to be about how Activision plans to use “tricks” in their matchmaking system to lure players to purchase more in-game items through the course of playing a game. Specifically (one aspect of the large patent), the patent mentions that high skilled players get paired with low-skilled players to purposefully encourage low-skilled players to spend more money to get better in-game items to match up against higher skilled players.

“For example, in one implementation, the system may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases. For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player.”

Awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*pushes Triangle*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok the thing no one is mentioning is that they shipped this game with an Atari 2600 emulator that you can play on Normandy Beach, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress and you can sit in a fake projectors bunker and watch twitch livestreams with a black and white filter. i kinda want this game just for this weird social poo poo.

e: and you can watch 1v1s in this colosseum style death pit. sledgehammer managed to do something cool with ww2 at least. if the maps are good i may pick this up but the beta wasnt great...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i was gonna but i dont actually like cod if theres no double jumps or lasers so i decided not too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

does the new wolfenstein series have multiplayer and is it fun y/n

it does not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

there is an alarmingly large chunk of the playerbase that think wallrunning/double jumps etc. are the worst thing to ever happen to the series

considering WWII was the best selling cod in like half a decade its just the entire playerbase. the future war stuff is probably dead, but im curious what BLOPSIIII (lol) looks like

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Multi only would be cool if it was also 20 bucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BO3 was the only cod campaign ive ever liked and this is a huge bummer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Ops rewind was badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This crowd just lost their mind in jubiliation when the guy on stage cheerfully exclaimed YOU CAN"T DOUBLE JUMP OR WALL RUN. gently caress this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

incredible social commentary from the latest COD.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'd rather them make it better than take it away entirely

this but maybe I should just wait 3 years for the next sledgehammer game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the multiplayer seemed like overwatch mechanical design but it still had COD turbo TTK so it will all be pointless when you kill a guy with 2 smg bullets anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank god there's more zombies news.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh it's on Blizzard Launcher now instead of Steam! Big hypes!

I like that they said this, and instead of moving on, they rolled a 5 minute talking head piece reiterating it from 8 different overwatch designers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The battle royale mode is real, and they said the word "battle royale", so that leak was 100% correct. Bummer...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No single player, the multiplayer looks like Overwatch and 30 minutes of Zombies crap. COD is dead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

it's better left to titanfall, which alraedy perfected it.

I'm worried about a EA helmed Titanfall 3....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first multiplayer trailer for Infinite Warfare showed a guy getting a gun out of a lootbox , I'm surprised you were into that one at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It always looked neat but I could never justify the price of COD game for the SP alone and they never go on sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ween posted:

Hell we still have it for PS4. Lumpy and hormel and I

Me as well. Although I don't think I have Plus anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BLOPS3 is the only campaign I've played and it's pretty rad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Titanfall 2 is on sale for $6 on PSN this weekend

A steal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is compared to PC but there are actually people playing and the dash/hop/zipline stuff still feels great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the pubg mode in it or is just tdm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh right this is the game where everyone cheered when they took out double jumping and knee slides

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

beta weekend 2 update: i loving hate this game

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tbh I'm looking forward to the year COD is a financial failure and they finally pull the trigger on doing the Smash Ultimate COD with every map and every mode ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon hides all the data too on the in game scoreboard and combines kills/assists into one number but if you check the app it has all the real data for each game at least.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

battle rpyale is extreme aids regardless of the format and youre insane if you think otherwise

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just want cod always needed: a lot of flat empty space.

• Locked thread